Sponsored

Peer Review: About to pull the trigger on this lift setup

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So to put it in my words so it's clear to me and my haphazard organization.........
You originally had about 1.75" lift with the 2" springs
You then added bumper and winch, and the end result was 1.25" of lift over what you had before the springs.
Correct on what you said.

There is also a -01 (left) and -02 (right) suffix on the spring part number and they need to be installed on the correct side. Synergy does something unique in that they shave flat the bottom spring coil that sits on their supplied polymer pad. Part number is on the spring is suppose to face out parallel to the wheel and side body lines.
Sponsored

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2022 MK8 GTI
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cube Monkey
With rejoice and lots of searching I finally found a local shop I feel confident in installing my planned suspension lift. I feel I've done more than due diligence searching and think I've decided on the parts below:

Synergy JT 1 & 2 Inch Stage 1 Suspension System - https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-...age-1-suspension-system.html?category_id=5992

paired with Shocks

Falcon Jeep JT Falcon SP2 2.1 Monotube Shocks - https://teraflex.com/jt-falcon-sp2-2-1-monotube-shock-kit-2-3-5-lift.html

Any feedback is appreciated. I feel the Synergy system would allow me to upgrade further parts as needed with a solid base.

The runner-up kit was the AEV Dual Sport RT 2.5" Kit

Rims would be AEV Salta XR 17x8.5 and I plan on putting 35x12.50r17 Goodyear Duratracs (I get 25% off goodyear tires, thanks USAA)
I would recommend adding some track bars.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
I'm looking forward to seeing more Synergy on this forum and discussion around lift heights. I also have a Sport S (narrow axle however). I still don't quite understand the literature out there regarding the longer swaybar endlinks vs. just the extension brackets and how that affects the wheel/tire clearance. Apparently, the brackets work with OE offsets and the longer links don't, but I've resigned to accepting that I will probably need spacers in any event. Keep us updated with how things go!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Correct on what you said.

There is also a -01 (left) and -02 (right) suffix on the spring part number and they need to be installed on the correct side. Synergy does something unique in that they shave flat the bottom spring coil that sits on their supplied polymer pad. Part number is on the spring is suppose to face out parallel to the wheel and side body lines.
Yes and I have to admit that when I put mine in, I didn't get them exactly squared as far as the part numbers being directly outward.
I miscalculated where to put the strut compressors and when I got the springs in place, the long parts of the compressors hit the truck's suspension and I forgot to turn the springs a bit when I released the compressors. These springs are long springs - they allow a lot of flex as far as axle droop but that means it's a bit tighter going in or out than some other springs that lift by "stiffness".
Oh, well - that will be resolved when these get replaced with the 2" springs.

These are "guaranteed to not bow". Most coil springs don't push outward with equal force all the way around the circumference of the spring.
Install them correctly, print straight out, on the correct sides with the axle pretty well centered under the truck, they should stay straight.

Needs to be turned toward the viewer's left, it's a few degrees off.

Jeep Gladiator Peer Review: About to pull the trigger on this lift setup 20230127_083449

PS - big thanks to Hootbro for his experience and knowledge on these particular springs - very very helpful. I like the springs - a lot - I just miscalculated on my needs and the weight of my truck vs. a JLU on which the ratings are based.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
I would recommend adding some track bars.
The kit comes with adjustable front and rear track bars

SYN-8851-2000 - Jeep Gladiator JT Stage 1, 2 Inch System
(1) SYN-8863-20 2" Front Coil Springs, Pair
(1) SYN-8865-20 2" Rear Coil Springs, Pair
(1) SYN-8057-10 Snap-Lock Bump Stop Spacers
(1) SYN-8858-20 Rear Bump Stop Extension, 2.0 Tall
(1) SYN-8875-01 Front Adjustable Track Bar
(1) SYN-8855-02 Front Sway Bar Relocation Brackets
(1) SYN-8851-01 Front Adjustable Lower Control Arms
(1) SYN-8881-01 Rear Adjustable Track Bar
(1) SYN-8808-01 Rear Sway Bar Drop Brackets

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
I'm looking forward to seeing more Synergy on this forum and discussion around lift heights. I also have a Sport S (narrow axle however). I still don't quite understand the literature out there regarding the longer swaybar endlinks vs. just the extension brackets and how that affects the wheel/tire clearance. Apparently, the brackets work with OE offsets and the longer links don't, but I've resigned to accepting that I will probably need spacers in any event. Keep us updated with how things go!
I will absolutely do a full write-up once I get everything, for sure :like:
Sponsored