Phone Solutions

seanp707

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, e30, f30, jt rubicon on order
I just got the 67 one (posted first here) its super easy super solid and looks great. It is not in the way of the air or screen. I even got a super long USB/Apple cable and tucked it below the console so I am not always using the front one.

However...with the CarPlay...its almost not needed. AND did anyone notice the section between the two cups in the front cup holder is a slot for a phone? Perhaps that was just me LOL
I agree. I haven’t pulled the trigger on any solution yet, because I don’t think I need to. I just plug it in for car play and then throw it between the cup holders.
Sponsored

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
.. notice the section between the two cups in the front cup holder...
This is to place the key fob, not a phone holder ... ;)

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
did you find out the bolt size for the grab bar?
It is not a common thread, couldn't match it up. After some more thought, I decided to just stick with my Ram suction cup on the windshield for now....

Sponsored

Blkjak

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Everyone, this may not be the thread to post this on as most of the discussion appears to be with regards to phone mounts.
However, if anyone is looking just for a phone storage solution. I offer these JL/JT phone mounts.
These mount to the front sides of the center console without any vehicle modifications. They are all leather, handcrafted and available for either driver or passenger side mounts. They have 2 mounting points which makes for a very sturdy mount. There is also a small cut out in the back to run your charge cable thru for a clean look.
They can ordered directly from my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com If you have something custom in mind i.e. exotic leathers, different colors etc. you can contact me at [email protected] I am a proud sponsor of the forums
Note:passenger side version shown

JL Phone Holster V2 (2).jpg

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Everyone, this may not be the thread to post this on as most of the discussion appears to be with regards to phone mounts.
However, if anyone is looking just for a phone storage solution. I offer these JL/JT phone mounts.
These mount to the front sides of the center console without any vehicle modifications. They are all leather, handcrafted and available for either driver or passenger side mounts. They have 2 mounting points which makes for a very sturdy mount. There is also a small cut out in the back to run your charge cable thru for a clean look.
They can ordered directly from my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com If you have something custom in mind i.e. exotic leathers, different colors etc. you can contact me at [email protected] I am a proud sponsor of the forums

I really like this, do you have any photos of it in action?

Blkjak

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I really like this, do you have any photos of it in action?
I will post some pics of them mounted this weekend. I just recently modified the original phone holsters by added the extra leather and the clip that slides under the bottom lip of the center console. The way these mount is that there is mounting bolt for the center console to the body on the sides of the center console behind a little plastic disc. You remove that cover and bolt, I supply a longer screw, screw cover and spacer. So these are mounted solidly to the center console on the front like prevents it from tilting or moving over time

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
I will post some pics of them mounted this weekend. I just recently modified the original phone holsters by added the extra leather and the clip that slides under the bottom lip of the center console. The way these mount is that there is mounting bolt for the center console to the body on the sides of the center console behind a little plastic disc. You remove that cover and bolt, I supply a longer screw, screw cover and spacer. So these are mounted solidly to the center console on the front like prevents it from tilting or moving over time
Very cool! And it’s hand made! Can’t wait to see it in action. I’ll prob buy one soon.

zncram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red

Just ordered!

Sponsored

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter

Better. Just sent to my family as Christmas gift ideas...

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I recently installed a cell phone holder. It is a combination of two products. The first is a JL / JT grab bar 20 mm ball mount from Carolina Metal Masters Offroad. CMM Offroad also has a 1” ball if you prefer the RAM mount products. The second part is a 67 Design, JL / Gladiator Mount Driver Edition Pack. The primary reason I decided to use this combination is that I prefer not having the cell phone blocking part of the windshield or view of the road. It is within an arm’s reach away and also close to the USB charging ports. Additionally, it has the flexibility to raise or lower the cell phone to one’s preference. You can also buy longer arms from 67 Design as well. All of the products are a bit expensive but really high quality.

upload_2019-11-5_21-57-8.png

https://www.carolinametalmasters.com/products/jl-grab-bar-ball-mount?_pos=2&_sid=1ff781a37&_ss=r

https://www.67d.com/collections/jl-...nt-driver-edition-pack?variant=19569564549223

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Very nice! Great for those with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto and don’t need to keep the screen visible. I’d much rather get one of these than some cheap plastic crap off Amazon. Reasonable price for handmade leather and made in NA! I’ll buy one when I get my JT. Thanks for posting. :like:
Sponsored