Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I have a JLU but I like to lurk around the Gladiator forums because I might buy one in the future.

All of these topics have been covered in great detail over on the JLU forum. Do y'all check over there or do you want to have all the same discussions over here just for Gladiator folks?

For example:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/best-method-to-hang-jl-doors-in-garage.15557/
I do check it out and my guess is others do as well. There's an excitement amongst JT owners and I don't think duplicate conversations hurt, especially for those who are brand new to Jeep. If we all started at the JL forum, there'd be very little to discuss here other than towing capacity, tonneu covers, forward facing cameras, etc. to name a few. As well, half these threads spiral into something else totally unrelated and I am not inclined to sift through it all.

wry_whiskey

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland Gladiator
I have a JLU but I like to lurk around the Gladiator forums because I might buy one in the future.

All of these topics have been covered in great detail over on the JLU forum. Do y'all check over there or do you want to have all the same discussions over here just for Gladiator folks?

For example:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/best-method-to-hang-jl-doors-in-garage.15557/
Thanks for lurking - this was a great thread. Seems to be very split on hanging via the window vs hinges. Am trying to get my garage set up just in case I my order ever comes in, and just can't make up my mind how to hang the doors or if I even need to. Being in Minnesota means short stretches of having the doors off I'm guessing, so maybe setting on the floor isn't a big deal. Back to staring at the walls.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Thanks for lurking - this was a great thread. Seems to be very split on hanging via the window vs hinges. Am trying to get my garage set up just in case I my order ever comes in, and just can't make up my mind how to hang the doors or if I even need to. Being in Minnesota means short stretches of having the doors off I'm guessing, so maybe setting on the floor isn't a big deal. Back to staring at the walls.
I have my doors off a lot and i just lean them against the garage wall.

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
haha...hardcore! I bet you'd walk into my garage, not say a word, and turn around and leave in disgust because of all the "great idea" solutions I have in use :LOL:

Now, if someone made a hinge based storage solution that double up'd the doors depth wise :like:. I imagine weight is an issue then but with big enough lag bolts spread across two studs I bet it wouldn't be an issue. Actually, I may just have my welding buddy whip me up something unless I find someone who has made that already.

EDIT: And I found what I was looking for! O.R.C. 4-door Hanger. Ordered it. I'll let you know how it goes. Not a bad price either...$85 shipped.

EDIT 2: I wouldn't order quite yet if I were you. I did some more reading and turns out this guy is slow to respond/at all and takes about a month to get the stuff to you (if at all). I'm cool to wait so no big deal (assuming he gives me an ETA) but if you're keen to get yours soon, I'd make your own or find a different solution. I'll give him a couple of weeks and then dispute through paypal if no ETA. I want to support the small guys but lack of comms will be a no-go for me. Will update this thread.
Hmmm, not bad looking. I do enjoy that we have a lot of options when it comes to nearly anything, but that lack of communication thing is a deal breaker for me. Keep us updated!
I like this idea a lot! Anyone have any luck?
So decided to order yesterday. Got shipping info today. Guess lack of communication was a bit of an overreaction.

Debated between two hangers that support a pair of doors each, or the single hanger that supports all 4 (same price). Went with the single hanger:
https://offroadconceptsfl.com/products/o-r-c-4-door-hanger-07-19-jeep-wrangler

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
Update on the ORC hangers: I received a tracking number so it looks like my 4 door hanger is coming!

As for "overreacting", if you go to their Facebook page and look at many if not all of the recent reviews, they all basically say the same thing "ordered, no comms, waiting forever". I still ordered but wanted to caution anyone else from ordering in case that was still the situation from this guy. So I disagree that I "overreacted". I feel like I goldilocks-reacted ;)

Anyway, happy it's coming and I'll followup with review and pictures.

Last edited:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Update on the ORC hangers: I received a tracking number so it looks like my 4 door hanger is coming!

As for "overreacting", if you go to their Facebook page and look at many if not all of the recent reviews, they all basically say the same thing "ordered, no comms, waiting forever". I still ordered but wanted to caution anyone else from ordering in case that was still the situation from this guy. So I disagree that I "overreacted". I feel like I goldilocks-reacted ;)

Anyway, happy it's coming and I'll followup with review and pictures.
Over-reacting wasn't directed at you. I saw those same comments, as well as similar on other forums, and had the same concerns you did. I did notice their facebook page had recent posts, so figured the guy was still making them (and was around and not MIA) and decided to order.

BK_Yeti

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
i placed an order for these as well. curious how much play they have in the hinges, as that was one of the primary complaints for the options available on quadratec...

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
Got my 4 door hanger from ORC today. Mounted it on a single stud with 4 large lag bolts (pre drilled). It's a tad wobbly from side to side but otherwise is solid. I may remount this to add lateral support in the future but I'll see how this goes for now.

I was pleased to see that he designed this so that the bracket has a slight angle towards the wall causing the doors to move towards the wall when hung.

It's well built and would recommend especially for the money.

IMG_20190802_180232.jpg
IMG_20190802_174216.jpg

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Got my 4 door hanger from ORC today. Mounted it on a single stud with 4 large lag bolts (pre drilled). It's a tad wobbly from side to side but otherwise is solid. I may remount this to add lateral support in the future but I'll see how this goes for now.

I was pleased to see that he designed this so that the bracket has a slight angle towards the wall causing the doors to move towards the wall when hung.

It's well built and would recommend especially for the money.

IMG_20190802_180232.jpg
IMG_20190802_174216.jpg

Good looking mount option. Can you measure it end to end when you get a chance? Trying to see if it’s shed-worthy and which wall id have to use

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Good looking mount option. Can you measure it end to end when you get a chance? Trying to see if it’s shed-worthy and which wall id have to use
Couldn't you measure one of your front doors and multiply by two? Maybe add a couple extra inches to be conservative.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Couldn't you measure one of your front doors and multiply by two? Maybe add a couple extra inches to be conservative.
I could, if I had mine, but right now all I have is a VON and hopes and dreams