Phone Solutions

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Offroam’s mount is genius and puts the phone exactly where I wanted it.
That is an incredibly clever design. I've tried one of the generic center dash mounts that replaces the tray but it blocks too much of the windshield. I just ordered one of these and am going to pair it with this wireless MagSafe charger I've been testing out in my work car.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Just curious why do you need to even see your phone in the JT? I connect it and use CarPlay the phone just sits in the cup holder.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Just curious why do you need to even see your phone in the JT? I connect it and use CarPlay the phone just sits in the cup holder.
One reason and my reason, I use my phone with spotify car mode and the android auto maps on the JT screen.

Sponsored

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
For those that have wireless phone charging, do you get a message that the "unsupported device"?

I tried on the other day and it kept sending a message like this to my screen.

Just wondering others have had the same problem.

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
For those that have wireless phone charging, do you get a message that the "unsupported device"?

I tried on the other day and it kept sending a message like this to my screen.

Just wondering others have had the same problem.
That notice is frequently seen when using charging/data cables that are not officially supported. I see this on my iPhone When I try using generic cheap cables.

if I use something like Anker brand I have no problems.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Update: Thanks to quick shipping by Offroam (and very friendly customer service) I was able to install everything today. Ended up going with a Spiegen MagSafe mount. At some point I would like to get a power source behind the dash but I can live with the exposed bit of cable for now.

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions tempImagebpPahY

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Thanks to quick shipping by Offroam (and very friendly customer service) I was able to install everything today. Ended up going with a Spiegen MagSafe mount. At some point I would like to get a power source behind the dash but I can live with the exposed bit of cable for now.

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions tempImagebpPahY
I'm also using the OffRoam, mounted on the right side of the entertainment panel, plugged into USB - very happy with the mount; how difficult is it to run the cord back behind that panel, I like the cleaner look. TIA.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
I'm also using the OffRoam, mounted on the right side of the entertainment panel, plugged into USB - very happy with the mount; how difficult is it to run the cord back behind that panel, I like the cleaner look. TIA.
I might switch it to the passenger side for a trial run. My only complaint at the current position is the phone is a bit close to the wiper controls. Moved to the other side of the vent it blocks a small portion on the left side of the display.

Running the cord is very easy. HVAC/Stero control panel is just held on with clips. Use a panel removal tool wedged between that and the grab bar and it'll come off, lots of space for the excess cord behind it. Two screws holding the bezel around the touch screen and then you can pry that up enough to run the cord to your charger.

Sponsored

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I might switch it to the passenger side for a trial run. My only complaint at the current position is the phone is a bit close to the wiper controls. Moved to the other side of the vent it blocks a small portion on the left side of the display.

Running the cord is very easy. HVAC/Stero control panel is just held on with clips. Use a panel removal tool wedged between that and the grab bar and it'll come off, lots of space for the excess cord behind it. Two screws holding the bezel around the touch screen and then you can pry that up enough to run the cord to your charger.
Thanks, another quick question, it looks like that's the vent mount, I assume it snaps over the ball on the OffRoam without using the phone mount arm, just the magnetized piece?

Thanks again.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Thanks, another quick question, it looks like that's the vent mount, I assume it snaps over the ball on the OffRoam without using the phone mount arm, just the magnetized piece?

Thanks again.
Yeah, I Frankensteined just the the vent ball mount to the Spigen MagSafe charger.

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I Frankensteined just the the vent ball mount to the Spigen MagSafe charger.
Awesome, thanks - I love the mount, but not a huge fan of the bracket, takes two hand to load/unload phone. Might have to look into the non-charger version of what you're using. Thanks again.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0