Threads
Reaction score
Website
madwealth.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
HROutsourcing.com
I looked all over for about a year before finally finding this Mount by OffRoam.

it clamps onto the air vent but still let’s air flow through - fits my XS max in a case and holds it rock solidly. Can’t say enough good things about these guys, think the website is “getoffroam.com” - zero affiliation, just a fan of the genius Mount.

Started with it beside my steering wheel but it was too close for my liking and the passenger air vent was ideal.

3ECE44C5-9843-4313-AAB1-E085FCCE055D.jpeg

8B56D0DE-A4C8-4428-8993-C7ECFA21CB5B.jpeg
Sponsored

KmartGlad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Wow - I'm lame with posting.

Just showing my solution. Modified old cell holder and a stage lighting clamp I found online. Also found a matching red anodized power take-off. Phone in perfect position for me. I can rest my elbow on the console while using the cell....

KmartGlad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Found the clamp on Amazon:
ADJ Products OSLIM, Slim OCLAMPS 1.5" or 2"

It's a composite material so easy to cut out a little keyway. I used a bench grinder to grind the flexible stem til it fit the keyway. Had to fiddle with spacers a bit to get a nice tight fit. Ultimately used a piece of black padded upholstery material... Driving normal highways - no vibrating (I can read texts on it while driving - don't tell anyone).....

Sponsored

TNGatorBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1985 CJ8 Scrambler and 2014 Grand Cherokee WK2 (For Sale)
Occupation
Executive Director
I 3d printed a mount for my Note 20. Held on with double sided mounting tape. I could resize it for other phones if anyone was interested.

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions cell holder 1

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions cell holder 1
I have a Note20 and would love one of these. I'll PM you...

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
I just set my phone on edge at the front of the center console. The phone sits at about 45 degrees. I really just need tabs on either side to keep it from moving/sliding. Its out of the way and keeps the cable clear of all controls

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Medical Sales
do you have pics of the tap into the usb? A parts list? This sounds like an ideal setup for me. Thanks in advance!
sorry for the delay; i don’t have pics as it’s hidden underneath the console; what i did was remove the usb from the inside console and just used it as intended but hidden. I also used electrically tape very liberally as to avoid any think knocking it apart.

A replacement is $30 so i figure if i ever need to return to stock i would
drop the $30 then, rather than getting one now when i don’t ever intend to use.

I also decided not the split the usb because i wasn’t sure on power loss and was worried about ability to have a good carplay connection at all times. To date i’ve only had minor issues and most of them seem to be software glitch related which i’ve had on all my cars in which charger still charges but sometimes take a phone reset or car power cycle for it to recognize my phone being connected; this has only ever happened on initial plug in and never during use.

attached are the photos on my setup on the dash side, obviously i cant take a photo on my phone on it because i need my
phone for the picture. On the mount you may notice some bumps, i beefed up the magnets on the mount with some from an old scosche mount I had to make sure i had no issues with phone moving or falling.

I couldn’t be any happier with my setup, it’s in a convenient spot if i need the phone for something i can’t do in carplay (using favorite places in apple maps) or if i need to check something while stopped at a light; it’s out of the way of passenger leg/foot space; and when it’s plugged in it’s also super inconvenient to take the phone down while driving which def keeps me safer driving as I now never send or read texts and drive but rather use car play to hear them and then
respond via voice.

49DAB7BD-34D0-4CA3-82B1-84F10C13CB0F.jpeg

9D60A560-D556-4A3A-847D-09D01AE0552D.jpeg

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I was hesitant, but I got this from Amazon - works great! I did find many different models that did NOT seem to support Jeep head units.

Jeep does not yet have wireless CarPlay head units so it’s either plug in or do something like this.

It takes about 15 seconds to connect to the unit/CarPlay once the initial pairing is done. NO audio issues at all. Excellent phone operation, great map integration.

BTW - iPhone 11

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MT96H2D/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_EKES0026SYGH14FR9WXV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I bought this too. Occasionally the audio won’t connect, but I’ve had that happen with other Bluetooth devices too. Otherwise totally worth it for the wireless CarPlay functionality.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I got it too. I like it overall but do wish it paired more quickly and consistently.

Sponsored

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I got it too. I like it overall but do wish it paired more quickly and consistently.
that is odd... I’ve had no problems at all with the Bluetooth unit. In fact, my connection has actually become quicker.

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
that is odd... I’ve had no problems at all with the Bluetooth unit. In fact, my connection has actually become quicker.
ugh... this thread prompted me to update the device... now I have a hardware error... I guess I know what I’ll be working on tonight 🥴

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Ugh, hope it's an easy fix. That kind of thing is not in my wheelhouse.
Sometimes it connects but still gives me the "pair device" screen. Not sure why. But whatever I'm playing on my phone plays fine, it just displays a screen I don't need. Minor hassle, but still wish it "knew" it was connected.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I use Bulletproof Mount with CMM grab handle ball. I also use a short usb to lightning cable.
Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions F9D4F729-4E9A-4D39-A7ED-BD61A1B8EF08
Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions FBAF6CA9-0FFF-4ED3-B757-56E21CEC58C1

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
ugh... this thread prompted me to update the device... now I have a hardware error... I guess I know what I’ll be working on tonight 🥴
Well... contacted the company via Amazon.... they’re sending me a new unit! They also said “If the unit is working fine, there’s no need to update the software. Doing so can cause compatibility issues.” Go figure.
Sponsored