Sponsored

67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions?

BuckeyeJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Finance
Hold up! RAM Mounts has entered the ring? So basically I just keep using all my RAM stuff... makes this a no brainer. Though it doesn't look as sexy as all that carbon fibre... and $40 for the rail vs $160? Pshaw... thanks for sharing this link.
I just ordered the ram mount tough track and a couple cell holders. The reviews indicate this is a solid product, and would rather just cry once.
Sponsored

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
I’d love a 67's phone mount but you can’t by them...

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
For anyone looking at 67D or Bullerproof, I’d like to suggest you try Tackform. Very comparatively priced and they have them in stock.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
i've been very happy to support 67 Designs for my former JK and current JT. They came up with the idea/design and deserve to be supported. Great customer support also.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
I'm sure someone else has commented like this before but...how is it that a company that sells a certain product they manufacture not have the product in stock and for this long?

I mean that would be like McDonalds not having a Big Mac right?

Just Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ME: 2021 JT Mojave, Wife: 2023 JT Mojave
I'm sure someone else has commented like this before but...how is it that a company that sells a certain product they manufacture not have the product in stock and for this long?

The best time to check their site is Sunday evening. They seem to have inventory on Sunday nights and Monday mornings. It gets sold out quickly.

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops

Tackform has parts in stock.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Interesting article on ExPo right now: https://expeditionportal.com/67-designs-is-fighting-to-save-manufacturing-jobs-in-the-us/

See also the statement on 67 Design's website: https://www.67d.com/blogs/newslette...og&utm_campaign=67 Designs Manufacturing News

This is why I buy products made in NA whenever possible. I understand that for some, price is the ultimate deciding factor. I don't begrudge those that have to make decisions based on available resources. But for those who can afford it, don't just buy the cheapest and fastest option. Consider how we can support "local" businesses because if we don't, we'll be paying for it through social programs to help those out of work or unable to find good-paying jobs. Pay now or pay later. Buy once, cry once. If you can't afford what you want right away: plan, budget, save.

Reminder to anyone wanting to comment to keep politics out of the discussion. Keep it on the topic of buying US-made vs. knock-offs.

@JAY please delete or edit if I am offside of any forum rules.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Many times, the US parts are inferior also. My radio microphone mount comes to mind; the US-made options were ugly trash, the direct Chinese import is solid, clean, and exactly what I wanted. For my GPS and phone mount upgrade (I have a phone mount and looking to add the GPS), the top factor will be the suitability/adjustability for my needs, quality second, and price far behind. It's a $60k car, which I'll use a lot for many years, it would be stupid to try to save $50 on something so important.

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Many times, the US parts are inferior also. My radio microphone mount comes to mind; the US-made options were ugly trash, the direct Chinese import is solid, clean, and exactly what I wanted.
This is a fair comment, one with which I agree. There are some high-quality products that come out of China (and other countries). I have no issue with those; what I do take umbrage with are the overseas knockoffs of products that were developed and are built in NA. Stolen intellectual property, for lack of a better description. In order to compete with those knockoffs, NA companies need to move manufacturing offshore where labour and environmental consideration costs are less. This results in loss of jobs in NA. It is easy to say: “they can get another job”, but if there are fewer “blue collar” job available, this creates a barrier for employment. “Go to school” may not be an option, and how many “white collar” jobs are out there? No there is more competition for those positions, driving down earnings for those who are lucky enough to get one of those.

I believe hard work leads to success. Whether white collar or blue collar is irrelevant. I’m also on board with survival of the fittest; if a particular industry is flailing, let it die. Advancements in technologies will result in job losses; that’s a fact. But shouldn’t we support those companies who are innovating and developing new products? Shouldn’t we encourage companies to keep jobs in NA? If they develop a quality product and another offshore company creates a cheap knockoff, shouldn’t we support the original designer?

Another example is the ARB Intensity LEDs vs a cheap Chinese knockoff. The knockoffs are significantly cheaper, but don’t even try to hide the fact that they are copying the ARBs.
Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? C0B83999-E274-4CA9-BD9E-95775C212F29
Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? 28C6DCDE-7E4D-47EA-88AC-F37113770AFD

If there is a better option from a foreign competitor, then that’s a different discussion.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
shouldn’t we support the original designer?
You mean RAM, instead of these other upstarts? Not being a smartass (at least not totally), but all these companies took ideas from RAM. And then made the ball a proprietary size, which screws consumers. So in the end, nah, I actually don't care.

You make a valid argument though that I partially agree with.

I am super likely to end up with a Bulletpoint base that's made for the JT and RAM balls, arms, and other connectors. Or go with whatever 20mm arms and an Arkon AMPS to 20mm base.

SJK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2017 Wrangler Willys;
I went with the BulletProof phone mount, with two ball mounts on both sides of the dash tray. Solo ball mount opposite phone mount balances the dash somewhat. Also matches the headlight dome on the dash pretty well. Finally, in my opinion, the BulletProof logo is better looking than the other option.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mean RAM, instead of these other upstarts? Not being a smartass (at least not totally), but all these companies took ideas from RAM. And then made the ball a proprietary size, which screws consumers. So in the end, nah, I actually don't care.

You make a valid argument though that I partially agree with.

I am super likely to end up with a Bulletpoint base that's made for the JT and RAM balls, arms, and other connectors. Or go with whatever 20mm arms and an Arkon AMPS to 20mm base.
Taking ideas and making them (arguably) better is not my issue. From what I've seen the arms and phone holder are unique to 67D. I just went through all 67 (ironic!) phone holders on RAM's website and didn't see anything like it. So it appears 67D took an idea and improved on it. Fair play. Bulletproof's is an exact copy of 67D, which is a party foul in my opinion.

I see 67D as a consumer-level automotive competitor to RAM (RAM has a significant share of other industries and will likely continue to be the leader). Competition is good. Those knockoff companies can pound sand, IMHO. If they want to play in the sandbox with those who invest in R&D, then they should have to pay a licensing fee or something to the developer.