Sponsored

67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions?

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone tried the bulletproof with a Note 10+ in a Otterbox Defender case? Bulletproof states their mount goes to 3.4" wide but that phone and case is slightly larger. I was curious if there was any play in the mount....
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Both of those seem pretty ugly and big to me. I want a mount that is right by my hand on the wheel, pretty solid, but not overly obtrusive. I also want my phone to dock and connect power/Carplay without dealing with separate cables. I've had ProClip docks and RAM mounts in various other vehicles, so this time I went with their JT/JL-specific dash clip. No vehicle mods, snaps on in about two seconds. Takes a minute to screw the dock onto the mount. Just did 800 miles with it and love it. I do need to find a clean way to route the cable, maybe behind the head unit? Ideas appreciated.

Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? 1587487169703

Bennett

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
I have the BPMS mount and I have been very happy with it. It’s is extremely secure.

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Bulletproof, unfortunately, seems to be another company (like GearAmerica) using naming and imagery to give the impression that their products are made in USA.

Unfortunately they are NOT. Like GearAmerica, their products come from China. Here’s the response I got from them when I inquired:

“We have both domestic and offshore suppliers, but the majority of our components are manufactured in China.“
And it would appear they have ripped off 67D https://67-designs-knowledgebase.groovehq.com/help/is-bulletproof-reselling-67-designs-components

Bennett

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
Interesting stuff. I had no idea when I bought the BPMS mount that it was the subject of so much scrutiny. Knowing all of that I probably wouldn’t buy it again, however it does work well for my purposes and I will continue to use it.

Sponsored

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Interesting stuff. I had no idea when I bought the BPMS mount that it was the subject of so much scrutiny. Knowing all of that I probably wouldn’t buy it again, however it does work well for my purposes and I will continue to use it.
A number of companies do the same thing to established products. That's free enterprise in our country. I buy locally first and TRY to buy US made when I can but sometimes the price is just out of control versus the competition. My Bulletproof setup serves me extremely well and buying the metal edition I can't imagine ever having an issue with the AZ sun.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I tried to buy my VHF microphone mount from the US. They were all ugly as hell, with extra parts and screws for no reason. For 1/3 the price, I found something super clean looking in China.

If you want the business, compete for the business.

Ugly crap for $30:

eScoTujWDCA7i_XFq2A1xuyHC8KVtWMcotX8rn88g&usqp=CAU.jpg

download.jpg.c4e3cbea152a2a6ef44a00977cb127fd.jpg

Clean look for $12:

1600(1).thumb.jpg.950089627a22e9ce99d624600c6622d0.jpg

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I went with the 67 Designs mount, mini bar with "Ram" size ball, and then the moto mount from QuadLock. Same setup as my motorcycle, rock solid and out of the way.

49861137317_0eca26d01f_c.jpg

49860293918_8007cfbaf0_c.jpg

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
Tried both 67s and Bulletproof, they both work well. My problem with both which is minor and not a design flaw, they both feature a squeeze grip to hold the phone. I've got a Google Pixel which has a squeeze to utilize the AI. Have to turn that feature off if I want to use either. Or pay 67 designs twice the cost of the magnet mount to ship it to me.

hgramz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport w/ max tow
Has anyone tried the bulletproof with a Note 10+ in a Otterbox Defender case? Bulletproof states their mount goes to 3.4" wide but that phone and case is slightly larger. I was curious if there was any play in the mount....
Just Installed my 67d rail with universal phone holder. note 10+ with slim case. I clip it above the volume buttons, or turn to landscape, otherwise it is a little tall. There seems to be plenty of room for whatever size case. It feels very sturdy as well.

67d rail.jpg

Sponsored

Lex Low

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor
It's difficult to compare the difference between 67 Designs and Bulletproof, we need your opinions on both or pictures.

I went with the 67 Designs. It worked fine for 6 months. Then It would not hold the phone anymore. Contacted their "customer service" and their suggestion was for me to spend MORE money on a diffrent holder that will be released in the future. WTF??? Not the type of company I want to deal with. Save yourself a headache, get something else.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I went 67d. No problems. Got two for $115. iPhone XS Max shown.

8DB2FEF2-78E9-4F40-A76D-15A3BD39B0A8.jpeg

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I went with the 67 Designs. It worked fine for 6 months. Then It would not hold the phone anymore. Contacted their "customer service" and their suggestion was for me to spend MORE money on a diffrent holder that will be released in the future. WTF??? Not the type of company I want to deal with. Save yourself a headache, get something else.
Surprised to hear both that the product failed and that their service was less than spectacular. Based on pretty much every other experience on these boards and elsewhere, this seems to be an isolated issue. I am still deciding, but likely going with the 67 Designs due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews - and the fact that they're made in USA, unlike most of the alternatives. I will do everything I can to support American businesses, American manufacturing, American workers.

Fight On

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Hellcat Challenger, 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
Logistics
I installed the 67 Designs rail and two phone mounts. Tested it the next day on a bumpy trail. Used my phone to take video while in the mount. Very impressed with the engineering and materials. A little pricing, but I tired of buying stuff that didn't work as advertised or stopped performing in 6 months. I'd buy again!

SoCalGlad

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Race Driving Instructor +
Just installed my Ram tough track on my Gladiator and thankfully no drilling just use existing two screws in the top dash. Been using Ram mounts for years and never a problem. I put the GoPro in the center as you can see. Highly recommend if you need something like this.

https://www.rammount.com/search?query=RAM-DT-204-TRACK-A12U

Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? IMG_1009
Sponsored