Sponsored

67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Ok does anyone have any idea if someone out there makes a mount for the grab handle? Something I don't have to screw or bolt on to the center of the dash? Hoping I didn't miss it in this thread.
Sponsored

Evilmunky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Science
Ok does anyone have any idea if someone out there makes a mount for the grab handle? Something I don't have to screw or bolt on to the center of the dash? Hoping I didn't miss it in this thread.
Something like this?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Something like this?
Yeah but all of their stuff seems to point to ram mounts!? Do either RAM or BP work with those?
Edit: I see I can mix and match it looks like. Thanks for the info.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! I thought pretty hard on it before going this route. I used the Apple MagSafe charger. That just magnetically attaches the Bulletpoint magnetic mount. Nothing special there at all. I was pleasantly surprised that it is rock solid in attaching that way.

I used the splitter linked below to splice off of the 12 volt cigarette lighter and the 12 volt usb dual charger linked below to plug in the MagSafe charger. There was plenty of room behind the dash to the left of the cigarette lighter in a pocket next to the steering column to tucker it all away. It was a twenty minute project in all. I did get a good trim kit set to pull off the panels so I didn’t worry about screwing anything up with the dash panels.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B087KP7QJH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07NV9D61R?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
I just wanted to boost this post! I noted this post a while ago, ordered the same parts, and put off installing because I figured it would take forever. Couldn't have been more wrong, this really is a easy 20 minute job. The panels pop right off, and there's plenty of room behind the dash. I spent a little extra time cutting down the longer-than-needed harness to something more minimal (trimmed off extra wire, a junction on the 12v line, fuse holder since the 12v socket is already fused,, extra loom), but there's really no need.

IMG_0376.jpeg

IMG_0379.jpeg

IMG_0382.jpeg

taintedsaint

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
retired military