First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch edition
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Does anyone have any idea what the difference is between the CMM A pillar ball mount for $21 and the A-pillar ball mount solution for $102? Very confusing looking at the web site.

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
Does anyone have any idea what the difference is between the CMM A pillar ball mount for $21 and the A-pillar ball mount solution for $102?
My first thought was $81 but that was too easy so I went to their site and the price is based on the hardware supplied in each package.

https://cmmoffroad.com/products/jl-jt-20mm-ball-for-a-pillar-base-each
JL 1" Ball for A-Pillar Base Each

https://cmmoffroad.com/products/gladiator-jt-a-pillar-ball-mount-solution?variant=43640913756375
(1) 1” or 20mm ball mount
(1) 3D machined base (Custom Colors Available Click Here to Inquire)
All Hardware

Sponsored

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Dunno if you're doing any door-off stuff, but I actually got these earlier this year, (as well as a second set of a different brand), and they came with the molded mounts for the mirrors AND a ball mount.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C6F997GR/

The mirrors aren't bad, but the mounts are actually pretty fantastic.

We've used the mounts for a go pro, a small DSLR rig for photos, and a directional spotlight.

I personally use a RAM mount, with a Kewig wireless charger mount on the center dash (coupled with a Motorola MA1, my phone has no wires at all), but I also get those who want to mount their phones on the left side, too.

~ Casp

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Dunno if you're doing any door-off stuff, but I actually got these earlier this year, (as well as a second set of a different brand), and they came with the molded mounts for the mirrors AND a ball mount.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C6F997GR/

The mirrors aren't bad, but the mounts are actually pretty fantastic.

We've used the mounts for a go pro, a small DSLR rig for photos, and a directional spotlight.

I personally use a RAM mount, with a Kewig wireless charger mount on the center dash (coupled with a Motorola MA1, my phone has no wires at all), but I also get those who want to mount their phones on the left side, too.

~ Casp
If it's the mount you're most impressed with you should probably thank CMM for that...

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
If it's the mount you're most impressed with you should probably thank CMM for that...
While I can appreciate someone liking a manufacturer, why would I do that? Different manufacturer.. different design.

Keyed mount point for the mirror post (so no pivoting/twisting of the mirror mount shaft) multiple adjustment points, sticks outward (providing more angles for mounting), textured to partially match the interior.

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions PXL_20231001_225725920

The only similarities I see are the fact that they both use the existing handles' bolt holes... which is something my grandfather and his WWII buddies were doing to their farm and rural rigs long before I came along.

~ Casp

biplaneguy

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I too spent some time looking for the perfect (for me solution). I needed to be able to see the phone as the phone's own interface is superior to the Android Auto, I didn't want it above the dash level blocking my vision, I didn't want to lose the dash tray and I'm not ready to drill holes in my brand new truck (though I probably won't care a year from now).

On my last truck I had it to the immediate right of the steering wheel in a homemade mount, but I didn't want to block the JT's air vent. The combo phone mount / cupholder posted above was in an OK location and I liked the way it mounted behind the grab bar, but I didn't need another cupholder and wanted more adjustability. But they make another one that doesn't include a cupholder.

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 1699660380187

I bought that one, but the spring clamp is really stiff; it takes two hands to put the phone in it... you might do it one handed, but it takes so much force I was afraid it would break the plastic ball off. But the location was OK:
Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 1699659649570

I really preferred my old mount, as I could simply drop the phone into it. Made to fit my phone and only my phone, it was made with a piece of acetal (Delrin) plastic sheet and five spools I turned on the lathe. I saved the mount from my old truck, so I removed the clamp part from the back part containing the ball socket and screwed it to my old mount.

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 1699659851005

This was much better; it moves the phone a bit closer to me and exposes more of the air vent to the passenger.

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 1699660124355

However, it shook a bit more than I liked, so I cut some reinforcing plates out of .040" stainless and epoxied them to the sides of the ball arm to stiffen it up (compare to the picture of the unmodified mount above). Now it shakes a lot less:

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 1699660758016

Finally, here you can see the clean cable routing; I found a 12" cable with a right angle plug to point the wire straight back from the phone, and a right angle adapter for the bottom end so the cable isn't sticking straight out from the dash plug; I can close the media door most of the way:

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 1699660564191

stuckindeep

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport and Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired
Hey guys what have yall found for the Gladiator as far as mobile mounting solutions? I had the JKE Dock from Vector in the JK so will probably be going with that setup but I do also like the new slimmer design. The little mounts 67 has done for inside that useless cubby on the dash are interesting as well, found here. Also noticed 67 is now doing a full bar through that cubby may go that route or a combination of sorts to get the most freedom outa the dash. Anyone offering ball replacments for the screws in the grab handle like they did on the JK? Was always a great little spot for the CB mount...
Jeep Gladiator JT Phone Mounts - 2020-2023 - Bulletpoint Mounting Solutions

Sponsored

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
I received and installed today a Bulletpoint system. I ordered the magsafe mount with wireless charger and the GoPro mount to use as a dash cam. This thing is sturdy and the phone stays there pretty good. I imagine a big bump might knock the phone off but regular driving is petty solid.

Last edited:

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
IT
I received and installed today a Bulletpoint system. I ordered the magsafe mount with wireless charger and the GoPro mount to use as a dash cam. This thing is sturdy and the phone stays there pretty good. I imagine a big bump might knock the phone off but regular driving is petty solid.
It will certainly depend on the phone/case but the bulletpoint mag mount is quite strong. I've hit some big bumps in my diesel wrangler and my phone hasn't fallen off yet.

I didn't have a legit Magsafe case originally and used the stick on rings. That was trash. Phone fell on big bumps.
Got a case with the ring built into it. Phone did not fall anymore.

While I too doubt it would survive everything, I'm not concerned the phone will fall. The thing SLAPS on there and is super strong.
I'll be up in New Jersey at some point though, and that would be a real test! The roads are basically all potholes and I'm pretty sure they just go straight to the inner core of the earth they're so deep.

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
It will certainly depend on the phone/case but the bulletpoint mag mount is quite strong. I've hit some big bumps in my diesel wrangler and my phone hasn't fallen off yet.

I didn't have a legit Magsafe case originally and used the stick on rings. That was trash. Phone fell on big bumps.
Got a case with the ring built into it. Phone did not fall anymore.

While I too doubt it would survive everything, I'm not concerned the phone will fall. The thing SLAPS on there and is super strong.
I'll be up in New Jersey at some point though, and that would be a real test! The roads are basically all potholes and I'm pretty sure they just go straight to the inner core of the earth they're so deep.
Our property is accessed through a long county gravel road. Actually a terrible washboard road is which about two miles long and it held fine the few times I've driven it. Our 1/4 mile driveway is gravel but it is pretty smooth.
Sponsored

Last edited: