Phone Solutions

lobelsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Gator
I’ve used the Scosche suction and magnet combo, works great! My phone sits in the perfect viewing position and doesn’t get in the way of anyone, not even the passenger.
I’ll have to take a pic with another phone to show mine in place, but here is the idea...

143638DE-C921-410D-AB7F-761B17E9BC19.jpeg
Same here but with the Nato mount. Using the double stick tape on with magnet. Using cord plugged into console and running it under the trim on passenger side of center console. Mostly hidden.

www.natomounts.com for pics.
Sponsored

SP25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Question. Does this mount tilt at all towards the driver or just faces forward?
It doesn’t tilt, just faces forwards. It will slide left and right on the dash.

If you wanted the option to swivel, you could use the Scosche Magic Mount(link below). It would replace the flat magnetic mount, that you stick to the front of the ProClip mount.

https://www.scosche.com/magicmounttm-dash

magdm_icon_cf_bk_wht_1000x1000.jpg

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I went with the Bulletproof holder as well. Very happy so far!

20200111_130727.jpg

20200111_130735.jpg
How did you get the passenger side mount? They told me the only had drivers side at this time....

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Here's the modified RuggedRidge phone mount I have in my JL. My plan is do another one for the JT. I bolted an additional Ram ball to it and added a switched USB outlet.

ruggedridge phone holder.jpg

OcmulgeeOgre

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk’n Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Here's the modified RuggedRidge phone mount I have in my JL. My plan is do another one for the JT. I bolted an additional Ram ball to it and added a switched USB outlet.

ruggedridge phone holder.jpg
Nicely done. Where did you tie in the outlet to your electrical system?

Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT

Scenario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I've spent a week researching all the options and they all suck. Yeah, there are some okay products but most of them block your view, don't bother showing an ugly dangling cord, are over-articulated, or are otherwise deceptive about ergonomics. I've concluded the ideal position for my iPhone would be to sit atop the 4WD shift knob — something I'll rarely use. But I don't see any products out there that use a stretchy silicone cup to grab that knob and support a simple mount, perhaps magnetic. That would be ideal and the cable run would be short and out of the way. Then when I go off road I would just pull the silicone off and stow the mount. Until some genius makes that product, I'll keep my iPhone top-down between the cup holders where the Jeep gods intended.

Last edited:

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
I've concluded the ideal position for my iPhone would be to sit atop the 4WD shift knob — something I'll rarely use. But I don't see any products out there that use a stretchy silicone cup to grab that knob and support a simple mount, perhaps magnetic.
You can probably use the hardware on this catalog page (https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/126/2709) to create a mount that can attach to the the transfer case arm.

It would be pricey.

Also - The Jeep engineers ("Jeep Gods") created the slot between the cup holders for the key fob.

Sponsored

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Really? I would never think to put my key fob there. It stays in my pocket so I don’t forget it.
When you try to lock your jeep it gives you a friendly reminder. You can leave it there unlocked but not locked. I just don't like carrying a brick around in my pocket. :LOL:

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

Scenario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Three weeks now and I still can't find the ideal iPhone mount. I popped my center console off though, and I found a 10mm bolt under there. Then I found this radio microphone mount that uses that bolt to hang over the trim near the tuner knob.

https://www.cooltechllc.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl/104-jl-mic-mount.html

That would be a good place for a phone bracket too. It wouldn't ruin the grab bar aesthetics or block the passenger airbag.

Yes, I know the RAM ball mount can replace a grab bar bolt but that's more suitable for the passenger, not the driver.
Sponsored