Phone Solutions

ETRacerx

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Everyone, this may not be the thread to post this on as most of the discussion appears to be with regards to phone mounts.
However, if anyone is looking just for a phone storage solution. I offer these JL/JT phone mounts.
These mount to the front sides of the center console without any vehicle modifications. They are all leather, handcrafted and available for either driver or passenger side mounts. They have 2 mounting points which makes for a very sturdy mount. There is also a small cut out in the back to run your charge cable thru for a clean look.
They can ordered directly from my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com If you have something custom in mind i.e. exotic leathers, different colors etc. you can contact me at [email protected] I am a proud sponsor of the forums
Note:passenger side version shown

JL Phone Holster V2 (2).jpg
Just bought. These are cool, unique solution.
Sponsored

Jooshs

First Name
josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Does anyone make a wireless charger mount like the one that goes in the tray above the radio? Do you need to plug your phone in to use apple on the radio?
if you use a wireless CarPlay adapter and Bulletpoint mounts and a MagSafe charger you can get a pretty clean setup.

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 3AACF1C3-727C-47B2-B9FE-B65AA7F3DEDB

No cables to deal with and magnetic mount with CarPlay.

KAT$JT

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~ '20 Punk'n Metallic Rubicon ~ '19 BMW X3 M40i~
Occupation
Director of IT
Vehicle Showcase

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
No, they should not. All phone users should be using a dock with a wired connection. I just recently experimented with wireless thinking I might get a mag mount, and had my wife do the same. Total failure. Sub-par audio quality, and no integration with the head unit (IE no CarPlay). Apparently wireless CarPlay requires a third party $160 box.
I was hesitant, but I got this from Amazon - works great! I did find many different models that did NOT seem to support Jeep head units.

Jeep does not yet have wireless CarPlay head units so it’s either plug in or do something like this.

It takes about 15 seconds to connect to the unit/CarPlay once the initial pairing is done. NO audio issues at all. Excellent phone operation, great map integration.

BTW - iPhone 11

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MT96H2D/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_EKES0026SYGH14FR9WXV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Updating.
iphone 12 Pro Max.
Nato charger mount less secure than Nato XL due to metal ring in stead of plate for the magnet. It allows it to charge, but it does not charge. Might need better 12v or cable, but the Qi charger is weak compared to plugging in directly to a cable in rear console/dash. Have not tried it with lighter adapter.

Ordered Magsafe charger from apple and:

Quarble Magsafe dash holder.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P4HYHQ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will update once installed.
I used the nato mount for years… so when I got my 12. I just shoved the metal sticky on the back of the apple wireless charger works GREAT. Just slap the charger on the nato and phone onto the charger. And I can take it off and move it inside where I have another nato on my desk and put it there. Super simple.

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Medical Sales
just scooped this up; works great, install takes 5 minutes, and can go on either passenger side or drivers side, i did mine on passenger side; i ended up running a 3m iphone cable behind the dash and under center console tapped into the usb from inside the console; works seamlessly and only about 4” of visible wire which stays out of the way.

i will post photo of install later.

53C60D12-1E61-471E-B7A1-4E2E897788F9.png

DILLIGAF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Finally found a solution that works for me. I really didn't want anything the was too far above the dashboard line and I tried to minimize any blockage for the windshield view.

I first tried the OffRoad Aesthetics solution which attaches behind the left side of the passenger grab bar. The weight of my Galaxy Note 20 with Otterbox case made it shake like a bobble head, so that had to go back.

I then found some components from Proclip. The first piece is the Jeep Center Dash Mount. It doesn't come with a holder, just a mount that easily clips from the edge of your dashboard to a slot by the windshield.

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/855431-proclip-center-dash-mount?sSearch=855431

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 53C60D12-1E61-471E-B7A1-4E2E897788F9

Nice thing about the mount is that you have a lot of flexibility (right/left) on how you position it.

Instead of the separately holder available above, I ordered Vertical Extension Plate from Proclip. It allows you to vertically lower how the final mount and phone position ends up.

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/vertical-extension-plate?sSearch=213065

I then picked up a Scosche MagicMount Pro from Best Buy. Which will actually magnetically hold the phone.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/scosch...4OPg4EF99OcXoZigDtxoCNloQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Final solution looks like this:

With this I was able to minimize the windshield view blockage, not block the radio, and not block the vent. The vertical plate screwed on to the mount, but I added a little glue too. The phone is heavy, but doesn't budge or bobble while moving.

The mount was $29.95 and the vertical plate was $10.95, but both were an additional 20% off from Proclip during black friday. The Scosche mount from Best Buy was $19.95 during a recent sale.
Sorry I'm so late to this party. I really like your set up. My only question is are you able to use wireless charging or does the metal plate on the Otterbox interfere? Thanks for the info and great idea.

Morphling

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Galdiator Diesel
just scooped this up; works great, install takes 5 minutes, and can go on either passenger side or drivers side, i did mine on passenger side; i ended up running a 3m iphone cable behind the dash and under center console tapped into the usb from inside the console; works seamlessly and only about 4” of visible wire which stays out of the way.

i will post photo of install later.

Very interested in this solution. Let us know if tapping into usb allows CarPlay to work.
Thanks in advance

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Sales
Very interested in this solution. Let us know if tapping into usb allows CarPlay to work.
Thanks in advance
my car play works flawlessly! my wife laughed at me while i was running the wire because i had to take the entire center console out; and since i have the alpine sub under the passenger seat, in order to take out the console i had to take out the passenger seat....and since i had the passenger seat out, i figure i might as well take the sub out and clean some areas that can’t be reached. Then i had the console out and completely dismantled it to clean an old coffee spill.

But I digress; the car play works flawlessly.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
But I digress; the car play works flawlessly.
If I understand correctly, you are using a magnetic mount, not plugging a cable directly into the phone, right? Which as far as I can find, does NOT allow CarPlay to work, unless you add an additional box. So...

Do you have a cord into the phone?

What mods have you made, such as the CarPlay BT adapter.

And do you really know what CarPlay is (someone on another forum thought it just meant playing music and Siri over BT, not the full actual CarPlay)?

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Sales
If I understand correctly, you are using a magnetic mount, not plugging a cable directly into the phone, right? Which as far as I can find, does NOT allow CarPlay to work, unless you add an additional box. So...

Do you have a cord into the phone?

What mods have you made, such as the CarPlay BT adapter.

And do you really know what CarPlay is (someone on another forum thought it just meant playing music and Siri over BT, not the full actual CarPlay)?

I very familiar with carplay and it’s functionally.

i’ve got a wire plugged into the phone; i bought a black 3 meter certified cord from apple; i have about 4” of wire sticking out just under the radio (i’ll send picture later). i ran the wire down behind the radio and then underneath the center console; the USB that’s inside the console i disassembled and attached to the usb so everything is hidden.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Ah, thanks for the clarification!

Morphling

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Galdiator Diesel
I very familiar with carplay and it’s functionally.

i’ve got a wire plugged into the phone; i bought a black 3 meter certified cord from apple; i have about 4” of wire sticking out just under the radio (i’ll send picture later). i ran the wire down behind the radio and then underneath the center console; the USB that’s inside the console i disassembled and attached to the usb so everything is hidden.
do you have pics of the tap into the usb? A parts list? This sounds like an ideal setup for me. Thanks in advance!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I haven't hidden my cable yet. I just have a Proclip dock, official Apple cable, and a right-angle USB-C adapter to minimize how much it sticks out. I've thought about dropping it down into the dash or something to hide it.

Jeep Gladiator Phone Solutions 1618161750746
Sponsored