First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
The more I find out about the Gladiator the more I am hesitant to even consider one.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
The more I find out about the Gladiator the more I am hesitant to even consider one.
Why what are your concerns? Not here to talk you out of it or tell you that are not real concerns, just wondering if I am drinking to much kool aid and need to be more concerned myself.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Seems like the folks who are looking for a 6' bed, extended cab, overall shorter length, and lower price have the most issues with the JT. I can see why, as there are plenty of options that fit that bill for at least 5k less including the Tacoma Off Road, Ranger XLT FX4, and GM twins LT Z71. If you want topless, a bigger and more functional back seat, and better standard off road capability then the premium will be worth it.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Seems like the folks who are looking for a 6' bed, extended cab, overall shorter length, and lower price have the most issues with the JT. I can see why, as there are plenty of options that fit that bill for at least 5k less including the Tacoma Off Road, Ranger XLT FX4, and GM twins LT Z71. If you want topless, a bigger and more functional back seat, and better standard off road capability then the premium will be worth it.
My issues, i wish it was shorter overall, but with more room in the cab, with a 6 foot box. This should come with a 34 speaker system stock, be able to climb mount rushmore out of the box. The doors should come off by themselves and each should come with a dedicated bikini wearing hot babe to make me feel young again. It should carry 67 sheets of plywood, and of course be $33,700 fully loaded out the door.

JK, i like most about the JT, i just hope its reliable, because everybody seems to say FCA sucks at quality....... :(

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
My issues, i wish it was shorter overall, but with more room in the cab, with a 6 foot box. This should come with a 34 speaker system stock, be able to climb mount rushmore out of the box. The doors should come off by themselves and each should come with a dedicated bikini wearing hot babe to make me feel young again. It should carry 67 sheets of plywood, and of course be $33,700 fully loaded out the door.

JK, i like most about the JT, i just hope its reliable, because everybody seems to say FCA sucks at quality....... :(
Hey Steff . . . I won't go near the 1st paragraph . . . it's just WAY TO SILLY / ABSURD ! BUT, The last thought (sentence) has me wondering your thought process ? I see you own not 1 but 2 FCA products - both "family wagons" ! The Pacifica brand new & a hybrid (well done), so . . . any reliability issues with your FCA's ? Why be concerned what "everybody seems" B.S. ? Yu should trust your own instincts AFTER Verifying the FACTS -- you know, "Trust, but Verify"!
No more :( . . . and more :) , at least when it comes to the JT . . . for now, till we "know More, one way or the other". :like:

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Steff . . . I won't go near the 1st paragraph . . . it's just WAY TO SILLY / ABSURD ! BUT, The last thought (sentence) has me wondering your thought process ? I see you own not 1 but 2 FCA products - both "family wagons" ! The Pacifica brand new & a hybrid (well done), so . . . any reliability issues with your FCA's ? Why be concerned what "everybody seems" B.S. ? Yu should trust your own instincts AFTER Verifying the FACTS -- you know, "Trust, but Verify"!
No more :( . . . and more :) , at least when it comes to the JT . . . for now, till we "know More, one way or the other". :like:
I'm curious when FCA got this bad wrap. My grand caravan has been awesome, except for a chronic rear caliper and pad eating issue. My buddy had same issues with a 2010 and 2015 grand caravan. But other than that not bad.

The hybrid Pacifica has been great so far, knock on wood, except for a seat heater issue that I haven't taken to the dealer yet.

It has a few uconnect funky things, but I can live with it. When I get in with my key fob the car adjusts the seat automatically (awesome feature if you share a vehicle) but 1/4 times I have to hit the memory 2 button for it to display my radio presets. You can only do this at a dead stop.

So, nothing major. I just feel like I've heard a bunch of issues with wranglers, but then again, enthusiasts usually come online to troubleshoot, not praise their ride.:like:

Had the Pachy for 3 months, 2100 miles in, 978 miles on electric only. :like:

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
had 2 pt cruisers no problems put 314000kms on 1 of them got a 300 srt8 no problems had 2003 grand cherokee engine dropped valve seats had xj wouldnt stay cool & had heaps of electrical gremlins
so its a mixed bag with the modern stuff but most of my chryslers were valiants from the 60's & 70's & they were all great

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Please elaborate...
I just can't justify buying one for $50,000 when I can get a full size RAM with a 5.7 Hemi and a Full-Size bed for the same amount or possibly even less money. It all comes down to getting my money's worth. I thought the Gladiators would be a little lower priced than they are seeming to be.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just can't justify buying one for $50,000 when I can get a full size RAM with a 5.7 Hemi and a Full-Size bed for the same amount or possibly even less money. It all comes down to getting my money's worth. I thought the Gladiators would be a little lower priced than they are seeming to be.
how long do you plan to keep the truck? you gotta think about resale value too. Is that RAM going to hold its value like a Wrangler does? Makes the cost of ownership per year lower, so maybe you can still "get your money's worth".

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I traded my 2012 RAM BigHorn in April of 2017 on a left over 2016 Challenger R/T Plus. They gave me $12,000 for the RAM. It had 120,000 miles on it. It was paid off. They turned around and sold it the next week for $19,500 to a Well Digger/Pipeline Welder. I felt I got a fair trade. I would have liked to have $15,000 but they also knocked $5,000 off the Challenger.
Sponsored