Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
It's funny you mention that because I was thinking about taking a picture of my other car's stickers, printing it out on a high quality printer at work and loosely attaching it to the windshield, so I could rip it off quickly if I got pulled over to avoid fraud
:LOL:
Now that PA has moved to electronic verification for registration, I don't think it will be too long til the do the same for inspection and come up with some stickerless approach. I kind of hate Pennsylvania sometimes.
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Now that PA has moved to electronic verification for registration, I don't think it will be too long til the do the same for inspection and come up with some stickerless approach. I kind of hate Pennsylvania sometimes.
The state police LOOK for the different colors of the inspection sticker. I got tagged on my way to get my Nismo inspected. I was 2 days expired.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Got the sway bar mounted today. It was actually kinda cool. So after cutting the old cross member off, I was comparing the metal tubing and found that I could ALMOST fit it through the cross member that was welded through the frame. Since the cross member had some nice reinforcement and it would cause more trouble than harm to rip it outā€¦. I just hollowed out the left over cross member inside the frame and the reinforcement braces, then welded the tube into it.

BC13FC28-61A0-4A33-8B4A-591A92D1D8EB.jpeg

8E29447C-44D2-4FBD-9CEB-9D134004A7E3.jpeg

6BAC086A-9BD6-4616-9828-D7601DD9B2F5.jpeg
Ever think of welding an X brace between the cross members?

OP
OP
Kindafearless

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Ever think of welding an X brace between the cross members?
I hadnā€™t. The thought was to keep the same relative stiffness to not introduce more variables yet. Why do you mention it?

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I hadnā€™t. The thought was to keep the same relative stiffness to not introduce more variables yet. Why do you mention it?
Just wonder if that thought had crossed your mind. And if you would see a benefit in it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kindafearless

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
I learned some more stuff over the last couple of weeks.

As I had previously mentioned, I switched to 5.38 gears. As part of that project, I was hoping to re-do the lockers so I could activate the front and rear independently (unlike the all or rear option stock). So I removed the harnesses, and rewired them to aux switches (for now).

Unfortunately, doing this throws a 4wd fault. I tried using J-Scan to disable all of those features, but can't find the right combination. There appears to be a "vehicle configuration mismatch" error that is confusing everything. So for now, I used my tazer to disable the lockers. If you leave the taser connected it will kill the faults.

This did lead to another problem.... tazer expects the fad to also be disabled if you disable the lockers. So, I order the solid axle for my RCV (you can get that part specifically if you call them) and swapped it in.

Truck is running well now, but it is annoying that I have to leave my taser plugged in.

Will do some more research, but lots of fun computer problems for a simple change!

Jeep Gladiator Practical Truck for the Over Prepared Woman F40716A8-A2FC-4122-8B7D-A3F0E73BD110

Jeep Gladiator Practical Truck for the Over Prepared Woman B4257C30-B527-4D2C-836D-441A2838CC19

Last edited:

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I leave my Taser in all the time as I like some of the live features, so that would not be an issue for me.

I guess no one figured out how to tap into the existing harness wiring to bypass the stock switch like they did on the older Rubicons. I simply tapped 3 wires and added 2 switches to my TJ Rubicon.
Wiring Diagram as a PDF is attached, but this is specifically what I did.
Jeep Gladiator Practical Truck for the Over Prepared Woman 1681651959840

I snagged some OEM looking switches to put in the OEM location [And added an on/off for the York Compressor] I left the original switch as a backup if I ever needed it.
Jeep Gladiator Practical Truck for the Over Prepared Woman 1681651790384

Attachments

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I leave my Taser in all the time as I like some of the live features, so that would not be an issue for me.

I guess no one figured out how to tap into the existing harness wiring to bypass the stock switch like they did on the older Rubicons. I simply tapped 3 wires and added 2 switches to my TJ Rubicon.
Wiring Diagram as a PDF is attached, but this is specifically what I did.

I snagged some OEM looking switches to put in the OEM location [And added an on/off for the York Compressor] I left the original switch as a backup if I ever needed it.
Nicely done @Elff

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I did this on my First TJ and can't believe I waited this long to do it again.

I seriously think that the people who force the rear locker to always be on, in order to engage the front locker, NEVER rock crawled
There are so many situations where having the front locked and the rear unlocked is invaluable to climb a Rock, especially if you have to turn while doing it.

Sponsored

DADDI8R

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Lab Technician
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep gods did indeed smile upon me! The problem was identified as the oil cooler. Independent research shows that was a JK problem too :(

The surprising thing was how the dealer replaced it no questions asks, even when my truck showed up muddy:

Big thumbs up for Umansky of Charlottesville for anyone in the area.
Hopefully they replaced it with the aluminum part and not the plastic one. Same thing happened to my wife's JK

OP
OP
Kindafearless

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Hopefully they replaced it with the aluminum part and not the plastic one. Same thing happened to my wife's JK
They didnā€™t. I donā€™t think that was a thing last year. I just started hearing about the aluminum option early this year.

DADDI8R

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lab Technician
Vehicle Showcase
They didnā€™t. I donā€™t think that was a thing last year. I just started hearing about the aluminum option early this year.
My wifeā€™s was replaced last summer. My mechanic couldnā€™t even get the plastic one.

OP
OP
Kindafearless

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
My wifeā€™s was replaced last summer. My mechanic couldnā€™t even get the plastic one.
Interesting, I wonder if I missed the cut off by a couple months. Thanks for the intel.

DADDI8R

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lab Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Probably just used what was available at the time.
Sponsored