First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Star Edition
Occupation
Retired:
2020 Sport S with 26,000 miles cloth seats showing premature wear on the outside edge of drivers lower seat cushion. Anybody else having this same problem?

100_7832.JPG

100_7833.JPG

100_7834.JPG
Sponsored

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician
I can tell you that the cushion foam isn’t sitting correctly underneath the trim. It looks like they rolled the seat poorly and the foam isn’t where it’s suppose to be. If you don’t mind doing it yourself to check the foam out, you can undo a few J-clips up underneath the seat, try to pull the trim up on the left hand side far enough for you to stick your hand up in there and try to fix the piece of foam to lay straight inside the bolster, and then pull it back down and see if it’s fixed.

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Gotta stand up, swing all the way in, and then sit down. Same on the way out...

My FJ with 230,000miles has bare foam all the way along that edge, even after trying to be more careful

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
High Butt Bolsters + High Step Down = Yeah, that's gonna happen

Try massaging the cushion under the upholstery back up into position?

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same thing, had it since 20k miles aswell. After 70k it still looks the same and doesn’t seem like the fabric is wearing out.

But ill personally be looking into new seat covers. I just can’t seem to find an answer on if putting in neoprene cover over your existing fabric makes the seat heaters less effective… Or if it doesn’t change the feel of the heaters at all.

This new jeep has all these fancy gadgets and I’ve grown accustomed to my winter toasty buns.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I have a similar issue on the passenger side seat. Each time I get in and out of the vehicle, I am consciously trying to avoid the slide in and out. My wife, on the other hand, she slides out of the vehicle every time. That's bound to happen. I think if I had installed side steps, we probably wouldn't have so much wear on the side of the seat cushion.

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
Same issue at 10K miles. I'm in and out of it about 10x a day. Add lift and bigger tires and I'm basically sliding onto and off the seat every time. I just planned on getting Katzkin when and if I wear a hole in it. And we "fuller figured" guys prefer the term "husky"

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
After 41k miles, but I use my side steps to lift off and out.

PXL_20220623_165802558.jpg

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Gotta stand up, swing all the way in, and then sit down. Same on the way out...

My FJ with 230,000miles has bare foam all the way along that edge, even after trying to be more careful
Agree. I dont slide in or out. i have side steps so I step up and land in middle and same out. Our 100K mile FJ has pristine seats that look brand new as we always did the same in it.

Sponsored

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I have a similar issue on the passenger side seat. Each time I get in and out of the vehicle, I am consciously trying to avoid the slide in and out. My wife, on the other hand, she slides out of the vehicle every time. That's bound to happen. I think if I had installed side steps, we probably wouldn't have so much wear on the side of the seat cushion.
Same here - my passenger seat has wear, but my driver seat looks brand new because i use the grab handle to get in and out every time

So you get to pick - left bicep bigger than right, or mushy seat edge 🥴

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
No issues yet but I think about it almost every time I get out. Getting in, I use the grab handle and hop over the side. Getting out is much harder (no steps).

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I can tell you that the cushion foam isn’t sitting correctly underneath the trim. It looks like they rolled the seat poorly and the foam isn’t where it’s suppose to be. If you don’t mind doing it yourself to check the foam out, you can undo a few J-clips up underneath the seat, try to pull the trim up on the left hand side far enough for you to stick your hand up in there and try to fix the piece of foam to lay straight inside the bolster, and then pull it back down and see if it’s fixed.
That’s precisely what happened

Josh903

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Exact same thing happened to my driver seat. Dealer replaced the cushion under warranty. I noticed it as early as around 7k miles and got it replaced just before I hit 20k miles.
Sponsored