Prospective buyers beware

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I’ve never used the auto function as the manual set up works just like the older systems everyone keeps saying worked better.

I’m much more interested in where to store my doors and tops as the weather warms up so I can run around topless.
Yea I’m seriously considering the besttop soft doors. They will easily store in the bed under the tonneau and I wouldn’t worry about them getting messed up or stolen like the full doors
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
That’s a good point. Do they come with mirrors?

I’m currently looking at the tube doors with cargo netting as they come with mirrors and are more reasonably priced.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s a good point. Do they come with mirrors?

I’m currently looking at the tube doors with cargo netting as they come with mirrors and are more reasonably priced.
they are extra ... it ends up being like 1200-1300 with all 4 soft doors, upper and Lowers, and adding the mirrors.

I might just try the front doors first. I hesitant with just the fronts because it’ll have the stock ones still on it. But those will be mainly when I’m on the highway, and the fronts will come off when I’m in town and in the city for work.

Mac2457

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Gladiator
I came here to find out if anyone was having similar issues to me. It seems that people without issues are just telling people with issues we are stupid and can't figure out how to control the heating system. Maybe I'm the only person in here to have an actual problem but some seem close. If I set my temperature on 72 (manual) shouldn't the air coming from the vents stay at a relatively constant temperature? I mean it is manual mode so why would the temperature change?
The other day I was driving home after a 12 hour night shift. I had the cab at a comfortable temp and then the temp coming from the vent got cold. I bumped it up a few degrees (2-3 degrees) and the temperature slowly warmed up and leveled off to a comfortable cabin temp. About 20 minutes later the air was HOT and I nodding off from it. I have had issues with my temperature regulating since January. I had it in the shop twice and it's documented something isn't right but after a week and a half they couldn't figure it out.
These temperature abnormalities started far and few between but over the last month or so have gotten considerably worse. My commute to work is an hour and after a few 12 hour shifts it has definitely become a safety issue to me.
Like I said, I was just looking to see if anyone else has this problem.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I came here to find out if anyone was having similar issues to me. It seems that people without issues are just telling people with issues we are stupid and can't figure out how to control the heating system. Maybe I'm the only person in here to have an actual problem but some seem close. If I set my temperature on 72 (manual) shouldn't the air coming from the vents stay at a relatively constant temperature? I mean it is manual mode so why would the temperature change?
The other day I was driving home after a 12 hour night shift. I had the cab at a comfortable temp and then the temp coming from the vent got cold. I bumped it up a few degrees (2-3 degrees) and the temperature slowly warmed up and leveled off to a comfortable cabin temp. About 20 minutes later the air was HOT and I nodding off from it. I have had issues with my temperature regulating since January. I had it in the shop twice and it's documented something isn't right but after a week and a half they couldn't figure it out.
These temperature abnormalities started far and few between but over the last month or so have gotten considerably worse. My commute to work is an hour and after a few 12 hour shifts it has definitely become a safety issue to me.
Like I said, I was just looking to see if anyone else has this problem.
Completely agree with your post. I’ve had several new cars over the last 15 years and this is the most difficult vehicle to get what I want out of the HVAC.

Sponsored

Mac2457

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Gladiator
Completely agree with your post. I’ve had several new cars over the last 15 years and this is the most difficult vehicle to get what I want out of the HVAC.
Glad I'm not the only one. There is definitely something wrong with mine. Chrysler has documented cases with similar issues and supposedly are working on a fix. I absolutely love my truck but like I said, it's gotten worse and its now become a safety problem. I've been computing for almost 20 years and never had issues with nodding off. I'm bringing it in again Monday to a different dealership and hopefully they can figure something out. Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy lol.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
Wow a new member and an old timer, posting almost instantly together. Awesome.

Good luck with your crappy Jeep. HVAC system is right out of the Stone Age. ;-)

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow a new member and an old timer, posting almost instantly together. Awesome.

Good luck with your crappy Jeep. HVAC system is right out of the Stone Age. ;-)
You just legitimized his post, great job! Obviously yours must work right, but ours sucks. Just let it go, you won’t convince us when we are having legitimate issues.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
You just legitimized his post, great job! Obviously yours must work right, but ours sucks. Just let it go, you won’t convince us when we are having legitimate issues.
Snort... ;-)

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon "Azazel"
Occupation
Auditor
There are two separate issues some of you seem to misunderstand.

The first issue is the few who may have actual HVAC issues. Where the heating or cooling system is not operating correctly at all.

The second issue is the the few who believe the "manual" setting to blow out what ever temperature they set it too.
The manual setting is not manually setting the temperature coming out of the vents. The manual setting is setting the desired cabin temperature, disconnected from the fan speed and vent configuration in auto.

You may understand the frustration from some of us when we've repeating the same dialog for 23 pages of posts.

Your actual system issues are not being discredited. Attitudes that the SYSTEM LOGIC are some how unusual or different most modern vehicles are being discredited. Statements like "well i never had issues in this car or this car or this car or this car....." are being discredited.

SO

If you believe that the Manual mode should blow out on consistent temp, you would be some what right. On a fair day the system should keep up with the temp variation with out blasting extreme temps. BUT. The manual mode is still auto temp. It may blow hotter or colder for periods to keep the cabin at a desired temp. Which for most means that at the beginning of the ride it may use hotter or colder than normal air to get to the desired temp faster.

Now, If the cabin seems to be struggling to keep a stable cabin temperature, then like all issue, bring it to the dealer or report it to Chrysler.

But make no mistake. The WAY the jeep goes about keeping temp or the WAY manual mode works is not faulty or a design flaw.

Sponsored

Lee3d

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Nissan Murano
These Gladiators have a known HVAC system problem that is still ongoing. Visit the thread within this forum. Looking back, I would not have purchased this gladiator if desired cabin temperature cannot be achieved.
Known by who? Now, I do have a problem with the HVAC system when my wife's along (but don't most of us). When she's not with me, no problem. ;-)

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
From what I understood about our HVAC system (could be totally wrong, so grain of salt and all that) is that it pretty much blew out either hot air or cold air, then once the cabin reached the desired overall temp it calmed down to a quasi-neutral temp.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Want the air cooler - do what I did, push the down temp button until I hit 65 and the temp of the air coming out the vents dropped a bit.
Just use the up and down arrows to set the air temp -want hot air coming out the vents- up-arrow it to 80 degrees. Air now too hot? down-arrow it to 65. Just like the old days with a sliding lever. But you push a button to do so.
Or
Push the VR button on the steering wheel. After
the beep, say one of the following commands:
 “Set driver temperature to 70 degrees”
 “Set passenger temperature to 70 degrees”

DRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2016 Vette, 2019 Land Cruiser
Occupation
Retired
These Gladiators have a known HVAC system problem that is still ongoing. Visit the thread within this forum. Looking back, I would not have purchased this gladiator if desired cabin temperature cannot be achieved.

DRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2016 Vette, 2019 Land Cruiser
Occupation
Retired
There is a Jeep dealer flash that takes 3-minutes that is suppose to fix this issue.
Sponsored