Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
68299333AF - Orders are being accepted and we are expecting about a 30 day backorder period. We already received many of these and have shipped quite a few.

68299332AE - ETA is about the same 30 days 10/23 however there are notes that the supplier is past due so its possible this date comes and then it gets extended further.

-Benny
Thanks, got the part numbers plugged in and in the cart. Was hoping to do before weather turns but this years has been tough on parts getting anyway.
Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
Thanks, got the part numbers plugged in and in the cart. Was hoping to do before weather turns but this years has been tough on parts getting anyway.

Its been tough within the whole automotive industry trust me! Nothing but backorders everywhere this year.

- Benny

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Anyone understand the parameters that need to change well enough to explain it so that I can share with the Superchips flashcal guy? He said they may be able to add it as an option and I want to facilitate that happening since I have a flashcal :)

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
Curious how you were able to do this. Evidently I incorrectly purchased 333AF thinking it was universal. However there is one pin (I think for the locks) that is completely different. The original has 4 pins across. While 333AF has a second row of 4 more ports.
Joe
I used 68299333AF, and was plug and play on my sport.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Curious how you were able to do this. Evidently I incorrectly purchased 333AF thinking it was universal. However there is one pin (I think for the locks) that is completely different. The original has 4 pins across. While 333AF has a second row of 4 more ports.
Joe
Is that because it's for BSM equipped vehicles? The 333AF is for JT with blind spot monitoring so would absolutely have added pins/wires.

Since the right harness is nationally on back order, I assume I can do all of the work except the right harness and still make it functional at least on the driver door and add the right harness later if it ever becomes available.

I've wondered about getting the right door harness without BSM and adding those connections myself!
I could take the BSM wires out of the original harness and move them to the new passive entry harness, could I not?

Sponsored

Joebbaseball

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (Overland) 1995 Jeep Wrangler (Sahara)
Is that because it's for BSM equipped vehicles? The 333AF is for JT with blind spot monitoring so would absolutely have added pins/wires.

Since the right harness is nationally on back order, I assume I can do all of the work except the right harness and still make it functional at least on the driver door and add the right harness later if it ever becomes available.

I've wondered about getting the right door harness without BSM and adding those connections myself!
I could take the BSM wires out of the original harness and move them to the new passive entry harness, could I not?
My Overland didn't have BSM. As I'm way under qualified to add connections myself, I'm now on the back order wait list.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My Overland didn't have BSM. As I'm way under qualified to add connections myself, I'm now on the back order wait list.
If you do NOT have blind spot monitoring, you could use the other harness - for the right side it's
P/N 68325461AE (w/o BSM) - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68325461ae

And for the LEFT DOOR the NON-BSM harness is -
P/N 68325454AE (w/o BSM) - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68325454ae

The above part numbers are for Jeeps withOUT BSM - so you could use those.
There's no need for YOU to add any wiring because you don't have BSM.
But for ME, I DO have BSM, so if I did not want to wait for the 333 and 332, I could use the above and add the wires myself.

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!

thechildJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Sorry for the delays guys, Here are links to the kits

Gladiator - https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventryjtbsm.html

Wrangler - https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventjlbsm.html

These kits work with or without BSM option. Note these components are on backorder at this time with lead times up to 60 days so please be patient if ordering.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
Silly question. LF is the drivers side? I want to do this, but thinking only the drivers side.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

GladFox

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland Punk’n
Occupation
Engineer
Just did my drivers side today. Used JScan to enable. Works great! Thanks to everyone who documented their work.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got the parts ordered, wish I could get at least the parts that were available so I could have half a system working instead of none................

CarajoCoño

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Occupation
Military
Sorry for the delays guys, Here are links to the kits

Gladiator - https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventryjtbsm.html

Wrangler - https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventjlbsm.html

These kits work with or without BSM option. Note these components are on backorder at this time with lead times up to 60 days so please be patient if ordering.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
That is awesome. I just finished installing on my driver side... I'll be doing passenger side soon