Quadratec warning

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I have 30-something entries in my order history with Quadratec. Almost all good experiences. They did bungle my first ever order with them. I told them they bungled it. They agreed they bungled it and they gave me coupon for my next order. For anything I've ordered in the last year, I contacted them by chat and asked for the "forum discount" and they've applied it.
Sponsored

Blu542

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 94YJ, 4XE
I just received my Synergy sector shaft brace From Quadratec on Friday (7/3) that was ordered in mid March. After a month or two I also went through the calling and email link for a few weeks with no response before reaching out to @Rob_Quadratec on here, and he did respond almost immediately. He explained that Synergy’s production was halted in California due to the virus, which made sense. I’m certain I would have been able to cancel if I asked.

While I agree they need to work on being responsive, we do have direct resources here. All the people I have met at Quadratec are good genuine folks. Right now they are muddling through COVID related restrictions and challenges along with the rest of us.

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Let me be clear, I'm not saying they are a bad company and service has always been good for me when I call. They just need to fix their ecommerce site not to take my order and tell me its out of stock days later. This needs to happen at product listing or at least checkout and they are really pissing people off that need or want products that can be found elsewhere if they don't have it.

Haywire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Brought new JT home & immediately hit the Quadratec site, ordered several items indicated in stock. none were. began receiving daily Quadratec spam emails, nothing to do with my order. after 2 weeks of this with no progress, I cancelled my order. No confirmation or response of any kind. Slick website though, super handy reference for all the stuff I'm buying elsewhere.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
This has nothing to do with covid. Ive been dealing with this issue for 7 years selling out of stock items on their web site, just got really pissed this time and started this thread. In this day of age, an ecommerce company needs to track inventory on their site because its causing a lot of bull#$%^ to people. Here is an update to my situation. Going to beach on the 11th so ordered 4 cloth doors and mirrors that attach on the Friday day before the 4th weekend, all said in-stock. Received an email over the weekend that the back doors were out of stock. Now i cant find a place over the holiday weekend and just lost three days. Well i thought at least I'll get the front doors for the trip. Today i received the mirrors and the ticket in the box says now ALL 4 doors are backordered but sure as SH*&, they sent me the $200 mirrors i dont need without the doors. Complete bulls%$# because i could have found this stuff elsewhere if i had know when i ordered. This has been going on for years. Last time it was 5 beadlock rims. Sorry but not being a Pu%$y that didnt get my little entry way guards in time, Im ordering items that cost into the thousands and shouldnt show in-stock like it still does today. https://www.quadratec.com/p/bestop/2-piece-fabric-doors-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited
You’ve been dealing with it for 7 years? I have many more questions, and they’re not about Quadratec...

Sponsored

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I've had nothing but good experiences with Quadratec. I've found their estimated ship dates to be pretty accurate.

I've also had good experiences getting in touch with them via online chat through their website when I had questions.
I've had a good experience with MOST of my orders with them.. But there have been a few that left me pretty upset and took quite a while to get everything fixed. At my expense of course.

Fight On

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Hellcat Challenger, 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
Logistics
Just this week I had a large order with Quadratec. I loaded everything in my basket. When I reviewed the basket it said what items where in stock and which were on back order. A few where delayed a few weeks and the wheels were delayed two months. The wheels I took out of my basket after I verified with Rob that two months was real. Rob was responsive about that a few other questions I had.

Bottom line their business and their suppliers have been impacted by COVID.. I'm in the supply chain industry. I'm seeing the same thing with other on line retailers like Amazon and Wayfair. Business going through the roof. Suppliers have been shut down or are backed up with orders. If you have an issue not call just email Rob. He will take care you.

Rob Windle ([email protected])

Mike White

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2006 TJ, 1979 MGB
Occupation
Nuclear Emergency Planner
I ordered some aux lights from them last fall. I got the notice that they were on back order. I saw the same lights on sale two different times before they finally shipped three months later.

To be fair though, they have been very good about returns when an order shows up damaged.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I ordered an "overstock item" , and it is on backorder!!

I'm not worried about it. It will get here when it gets here.

It's a very small problem to have in today's world.

65qi88

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Renegade, 2020 JT
Yeah, I've had no issues with them either. I ordered a JT softtop for summer in early June. It's a Mopar item and was out of stock for a month. Completely understandable with COVID concerns. I got it delivered yesterday about a month after I ordered. FWIW, the premium softtop had a 30 day backorder notice on the web page but the standard sail cloth top (the one I ordered) didn't but I assumed the notice was for both tops?

My only nit would be that I didn't get an email from Quadratech saying they were shipping. Instead, out of the blue, I get a call from the shipping company saying they wanted to deliver the following day since it's an oversized item. Anyway, minor issue. Top was delivered in great shape and I installed it in the afternoon. Considerably easier to install than the JKU softtop. Quadratech install videos for the win!

Sponsored

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
All my orders (so far) have been fulfilled with a week of ordering. Case in point, my recent order of the Lange Hoist-a-top took 4 days from order to receipt via FEDEX..

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
I've had similar experience.
I bought a Swingbox from company "X", and 2-days later got an email saying it was on B/O for 30-days.

Quadratic claimed it was "in-stock." So, I cancelled my order with company "X" to buy from Quadratic. I got an email right after the order stating the item ships from the manufacturer directly. I was a little peeved for sure.

That said, it did arrive within 10-days.

Lastly, I have had much, much worst issues with 4WD/4WP.com.
Everything I order from them takes forever and a day. It took 10 days to ship a winch from their warehouse to my local store and it was considered in-stock on their site.

The guy at their store counter could not tell me how long it would take to actually procure one when I was there in person 2-days earlier.

I'm not sure what up with their systems; but it's been consistently horrible for years.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Ive ordered several things without issue. I even had an expensive return that I should have eaten the return shipping charges on (I decided I didn't want it after I got it) and they covered the roughly $50 return shipping charge.

Their email response was a little slow. I did have to sit on hold for a while when I called, about 20 min, but I they took care of everything after.

mtgustin

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Past: 76' CJ-7, 2013 GC Altitude 5.7, 87 Wrangler
Occupation
Horribly underpaid government worker
Nice. Isn't that one made in China. I thought the Warn VR winches are all made in China.
The VR's are made in China, all of the other Warn's are assembled in Oregon.