Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
'21 Mojave - 20,000 miles
2" lift with 35" BFG K02's @ 29 cold / 32 rolling
19.5 MPG Summer Blend
18 MPG Winter Blend

Driving is 90% Two Lane @60 MPH
Yeah. I find keeping speed under 60 MPH makes a big difference on the MPG of these vehicles.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
If Mojave came in diesel, I'd probably take it over my MT gasser, now that I have 6 months under my belt. Every pound of stuff you add makes a noticeable difference when you're lacking low end "power" (See torque vs HP thread). Regearing helped but there's only so much you can do with a non-turbo.

I live around the mountains of Washington/British Columbia and believe a diesel would handle it much better. Can't hold a coffee for long before I gotta downshift... Plus the rather limited 275 mile range on gas vs diesel.

I'll prob look at the hybrid closely, but the battery tech they use will be the make or break for me.
What gears did you get?

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
a little better MPGs with ATs over MTs. In terms similar to an unladen swallow, your main factors are wind, followed by rolling resistance.

For best MPGs, in terms of wind, you're looking for 0 wind, warmer/thinner air, 8th gear but not too fast ( generally above 45mph and below 60mph or 65mph ). You'll see rapid declines in MPGs above 65mph.

In terms of tires/wheels and rolling resistance, you're looking at proper inflation, patch size, tread, and rotating mass ( i.e. not necessarily weight, but how much force is needed to keep those wheels spinning ).

Factory ATs, during summer, 650', <5mph wind, 65mph and below, I might average above 20mpg on a long highway drive, but generally average around the 19mpg area.

Colder months, I average closer to 17mpg.

For reference, my wife's JTHA averages about 1-2mpg more than our JTM, even though they have the same EPA estimate in the window sticker. The JTM has 20lbs more per corner, 1" lift in the front, and will never have the same mpgs as the JTHA in stock form. <-- since that's more than a 10% discrepancy, accountants would consider the EPA estimates as fraudulent and misleading, but close-ish.

If you're really interested in the difference in EPA estimates, you might checkout what folks have reported on Fuelly ( https://www.fuelly.com/car/jeep/gladiator?engineconfig_id=219&bodytype_id=14&submodel_id=77972 ) for each model, although it's hard to discern who is ( or is not ) still on a factory build.

egads

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
Hey Guys,

I am considering a Gladiator. Prefer an EcoDiesel, but my local dealer has a 2023 Mojave 3.6 V6 automatic that is heavily discounted.

The window sticker says the V6 gets 17/22 MPG. Is this true?

What are you guys getting for MPG on a stock Mojave?

Thanks in advance.
The figures are accurate, if you don't drive too much over the speed limit!

Sponsored

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Hey Guys,

I am considering a Gladiator. Prefer an EcoDiesel, but my local dealer has a 2023 Mojave 3.6 V6 automatic that is heavily discounted.

The window sticker says the V6 gets 17/22 MPG. Is this true?

What are you guys getting for MPG on a stock Mojave?

Thanks in advance.
Jeep Gladiator Question for Mojave Owners adamlol

Oh, you're serious? I mean almost everyone changes something that will tank their mpg. Larger tires are usually the culprit..

Not a Mojave owner but with skinny 35"s I get an average of 17-19 mpg.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
stock suspension and tires here

60mph flat for 2 hrs = 19mpg

average city and hwy = 14.5

that's after 2 years and 13k....consistent.

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
IT
14mpgz, but I haven't even got enough miles to do the first oil change yet.
This is probably 90% city. I take my diesel wrangler on long highway trips and that puppy gets 28-30

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
14-15 average on road (short commute)
10-11 on the trail LOL

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'm closing a deal on a Rubicon. They are giving me 25% off MSRP. Too good to pass.

It's incredible how much vehicles cost these days

Sponsored

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude

Beungood

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Silverado Duramax, 2001 Toyota 4Runner 95 Harley Davidson
Expected 15-16 and get a solid 18-19 on mixed driving that includes towing a small boat and a whole lot of 8;000-12,000 ft elevation. 22-23 mpg tanks were quite common this summer after I hit about 7500 miles on the odometer ( non towing). Quite happy with the MPGs. It gets tires and a lift this week and am hoping for the 15-16 on mixed driving after that. I considered the diesel until one of our mechanics that knows the places I roam asked me what I was going to do when it derates. Enough said. I deal with derates on big earth movers weekly on my projects so no thanks. Oh ya. Forgot to thank CARB for the derates………..
Install a tune so it doesnt de rate?

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
Little bigger than the mini, but much more enjoyable. Every time I get the idea that we don't need a Jeep, we end up with another one. Every time I tell myself "I'm keeping this one stock" it lasts even less time than the last one. My JT Mojave was stock... for 8 days. Started with the light bar in the hood scoop, and by the time I had it a month it was on a 2" lift and 37s. I blame this forum for that, someone posted a Walmart sale for $94 each and I couldn't pass it up. $412 shipped for 4 37s. I sold the 33" stock tires for $550 within a week. Bumper and winch went on this past weekend. And I'm averaging 14mpg, but I tend to drive pretty fast.
20231225_085432.jpg
Sponsored