Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone run into a issue where the Radio pops really loud and shuts off and then resets itself, mines done it like 3 times since I bought it in February. Wondering if there is a common issue going around with it and if I should take it in to be checked.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Anyone run into a issue where the Radio pops really loud and shuts off and then resets itself, mines done it like 3 times since I bought it in February. Wondering if there is a common issue going around with it and if I should take it in to be checked.
Take it in. Otherwise check in the radio forum.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
I will for sure. Thanks for reaching out.

sawman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z71
Did you get this resolved? Mine did it for the first time yesterday. Bought new in February.

Sponsored

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get this resolved? Mine did it for the first time yesterday. Bought new in February.
No, asked about it at my last oil change and they didn't find anything wrong. Tried to replicate it but had no success. Mine did it again about 3 weeks ago. Seems to only happen when I put it in reverse and the camera comes on

sawman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z71
Mine just did it again. Backed out of my shop, and when I shifted out of reverse, it popped and reset clock. (Kept radio station presets)
First time it happened, I was in forward gear halfway down my driveway, so not sure if camera related.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Mine just did it again. Backed out of my shop, and when I shifted out of reverse, it popped and reset clock. (Kept radio station presets)
First time it happened, I was in forward gear halfway down my driveway, so not sure if camera related.

Alison
Jeep Cares

sawman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z71
Thanks Alison but until we can narrow down the cause, the dealer won't be likely to replicate the problem.

Sponsored

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
No popping from mine. It just like to not power on. Dealer took my word for it and Chrysler replaced it with a new unit. Advisor said it was rare, so maybe they're aware of an issue. Problem is, it's not fixed. Already happened with the new one. Start the engine, no radio. And I never turn it off. Depressing the power button does nothing. Mashed it hard several time and got the Jeep logo to show up, but still wouldn't power on. Turned the motor off and on several times, and finally was able to get power. Of course according to the dealer, as long as the power is plugged in, it should be fine.

I don't take no as an answer very well. This isn't over. :)

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
No popping from mine. It just like to not power on. Dealer took my word for it and Chrysler replaced it with a new unit. Advisor said it was rare, so maybe they're aware of an issue. Problem is, it's not fixed. Already happened with the new one. Start the engine, no radio. And I never turn it off. Depressing the power button does nothing. Mashed it hard several time and got the Jeep logo to show up, but still wouldn't power on. Turned the motor off and on several times, and finally was able to get power. Of course according to the dealer, as long as the power is plugged in, it should be fine.

I don't take no as an answer very well. This isn't over. :)
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares