Sponsored

random noise from right front wheel area ( video )

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I know this is an old thread but my 2021 with 900 miles has a similar noise spent some time in the parking lot of a closed business while my wife drove and I walked listening.

😁

Definitely right front, the more I dig around about this issue the less I find. Gonna take it to the dealer Monday but my noise is so intermittent their like to say no trouble found .

Any feedback from those on this thread now 10 months later??

Thanks
Sponsored

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I guess the OP must have got it fixed

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Here is your front axle noise/FAD TSB...........

Attachments

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks, will look further into that, my noise appears to only happen under 3 mph

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Took my 2021 JTR to the dealer this morning I have 850 miles on it, drove around with their mechanic and we were able to reproduce the noise, he does find it odd that at 800 miles it would have the FAD problem, but they keep it and gave me a loaner so they could work on it more.

I feel reasonable confident they will be helpful

Will update once returned to me

Sponsored

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Got an update from the dealer today. Weird how with only 900 miles approx and placed in $wd 2 times that this TSB is the problem.

They are replacing all the parts as outlined in the TSB

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Got an update from the dealer today. Weird how with only 900 miles approx and placed in $wd 2 times that this TSB is the problem.

They are replacing all the parts as outlined in the TSB
At least they are doing something and not brushing it off as "just you" or worse, "a jeep thing".

JTM_Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I currently have the same issue with my 2021 mojave. brought to the dealer on Monday. i get a call tuesday that they ordered a new prop shaft and they think that might be the issue and they will call me when its in. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but that did not sound like the issue. i (somehow) convinced them to take a prop shaft off another gladiator on the lot rather than have me wait for weeks to get the new part and it end up not being the issue. they called me back, noise is still there. i came across this thread and explained to them that this is apparently a common issue and maybe give this a try. i get a call back this morning (Friday) and they're telling me the swapped the front shocks and the noise is gone. they tried getting it to make the noise on two separate occasions (once last night, once this morning) and the noise is gone. I personally don't see how that was the issue. that doesnt make sense to me at all - but again, im not a mechanic. i pick it up tonight after work and will advise if the noise is in fact gone. not sure why they wouldnt at least grease that bushing if they were ripping the front end apart.

Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I currently have the same issue with my 2021 mojave. brought to the dealer on Monday. i get a call tuesday that they ordered a new prop shaft and they think that might be the issue and they will call me when its in. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but that did not sound like the issue. i (somehow) convinced them to take a prop shaft off another gladiator on the lot rather than have me wait for weeks to get the new part and it end up not being the issue. they called me back, noise is still there. i came across this thread and explained to them that this is apparently a common issue and maybe give this a try. i get a call back this morning (Friday) and they're telling me the swapped the front shocks and the noise is gone. they tried getting it to make the noise on two separate occasions (once last night, once this morning) and the noise is gone. I personally don't see how that was the issue. that doesnt make sense to me at all - but again, im not a mechanic. i pick it up tonight after work and will advise if the noise is in fact gone. not sure why they wouldnt at least grease that bushing if they were ripping the front end apart.
If yours is identical to the video and you are backing into a parking stall at 1/16th of 1 mph rather than 30mph, I may have a solution that worked for me that was identical right off the showroom floor and during the test drive back in February 2021. My initial thought was brake calipers, pads or rotors on the front right just needed to break-in and thought nothing of it. But after a few days or weeks went by, it kept happening.

I was working under the hood and playing around with some wiring which had to snug around the air box which pushed it away from the frame and I had installed a K$N filter and....the moaning noise never came back.

If it keeps happening for you, have someone drive the vehicle back and forth like that, with the hood up and mechanic stethoscope, hit around the air box or shove a shim between the box and frame and see what happens.

coastiej171

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
It’s the intermediate shaft bearing. Mine started out subtle then progressively became worse. The best way for me to describe it was as if I were driving on the rumble strip on the shoulder of a highway. Jeep re-engineered this piece from plastic to bronze or brass. Mine was replaced April of 2021 and haven’t had any issues since then

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Yep that was the fix for mine

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
Old thread, but reviving to help others. Here’s a good example of what this issue with the FAD will sound like. I thought for sure it was a transfer case issue since it sounded like it was coming from right under my seat, and went away if putting 4wd. A friend in the Transmission business for decades told me that it was an axle disconnect sound. I followed up with internet searches and found this thread. It’s at the dealership now for repairs. Will update with results.

Sponsored