RC Speed Calibrator

deanmc

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Yea and I can't really get it any closer. Maybe with tire pressure.
I continue to have problems as well. I was a solid 1MPH off (GPS 1MPH Slower). Dropped my tire size by .25 and on my two mile ride to work at low speed (below 40) it seemed good, exact reading most of the trip. Then I did some highway driving and it was actually a little worse every now and then dropping to 2mph below what the speedometer was reading. Just have not been able to get Waze and speedo to agree.
Sponsored

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
I continue to have problems as well. I was a solid 1MPH off (GPS 1MPH Slower). Dropped my tire size by .25 and on my two mile ride to work at low speed (below 40) it seemed good, exact reading most of the trip. Then I did some highway driving and it was actually a little worse every now and then dropping to 2mph below what the speedometer was reading. Just have not been able to get Waze and speedo to agree.
DO you think this is more of a problem of the gps or speedo? Do you see it as a potential problem for the vehicle, engine etc?

deanmc

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
DO you think this is more of a problem of the gps or speedo? Do you see it as a potential problem for the vehicle, engine etc?
I really have no idea about that. I'd just like to get it dialed in. Guess I'll keep trying.

deanmc

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I'm going to keep trying but according to the online chat guy at Rough Country. a 1mph discrepancy is acceptable.

GPSMPH.jpg

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
I'm going to keep trying but according to the online chat guy at Rough Country. a 1mph discrepancy is acceptable.

GPSMPH.jpg
Thats kinda what I figured and mine even goes back and forth between 1 mph, and exact. Have you noticed a change in your rpms when switching gears? Do you happen to know what your switch points are?

Sponsored

deanmc

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Thats kinda what I figured and mine even goes back and forth between 1 mph, and exact. Have you noticed a change in your rpms when switching gears? Do you happen to know what your switch points are?
No I haven't noticed any difference at all.

Gladiatorlyfe

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Received my calibrator today and Im bashing my head on how to install this. The supplied cables to make sense to me, so my question is does this unit come with a supplied OBD plug?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Does RC allow to adjust the TPMS?
Nope, go ahead and get a Tazer JL Mini. You can adjust all kinds of stuff! TPMS limit, turn TPMS on or off, fogs with highs, keeps auto start/stop turned off...And a million other things.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Nope, go ahead and get a Tazer JL Mini. You can adjust all kinds of stuff! TPMS limit, turn TPMS on or off, fogs with highs, keeps auto start/stop turned off...And a million other things.
JScan is another option as long as you don’t want/need locker and sway bar controls. It does many of the things the Tazer does for a lot less money. And, it doesn’t have to stay attached to the OBD port.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone tell me where the white clip plugs into?
Any of the open ports behind the glove box. Remove the glove box, then put the white plug into any port, plug the USB port into the media plug, hit the igntion button twice without your foot on the brake and you're good to go.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Any of the open ports behind the glove box. Remove the glove box, then put the white plug into any port, plug the USB port into the media plug, hit the igntion button twice without your foot on the brake and you're good to go.
BTW did anyone else do the RC registration and find out it's made by Hypertek? I Clicked on register now and it took me to the Hypertek registration page.

Gladiatorlyfe

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks man, I decided to go with tazer and getting rid of the RC
Sponsored