2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

bkmarks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 JK Sport
Build Thread
Link
Ordered mine yesterday. Did not get any type of confirmation email or anything like that. (I believe I used the ApplePay option, and the purchase posted on my CC.)

I'm not worried or anything, just curious if anyone has ordered recently and already received a FOB, or if you ever got any confirmation.

Excited to get it!
Ordered mine on Mar 17 and received it yesterday. I believe I received an email the day after ordering.

0D194AA7-3ACB-4B67-B3C3-0EEB23DA3DDB.jpeg

JasonThor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys
@crdouglass3 Is there a way to, or are there plans to be able to, buy additional key holders? I'm torn between the micro and traditional and since they are only $2 each I would be happy to just buy both.

JasonThor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys
@JasonThor

I'm pretty sure you can go to the sales page and order one or more keyholders and no fob

I have done this, had them in the cart, but did not go through with purchase. I stopped cause I figured shipping would be expensive.
Figured it out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Got my fob yesterday. As others have stated, the chip swap was the hardest part.

Thank you again to crdouglass3 for making these for us!
Anyone have tips for removing the chip from the oem fob... is it glued in?

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
I got a base as well and I'm thinking about just leaving the Fob inside and having a smaller key cut to lock the doors. If they want the jeep that bad they can have it.
I would be interested to hear if we can get a “normal” key cut. I don’t have keyless entry.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Thanks - I got one of the stubborn one s that doesn’t want to release so will have to go the knife route.
I did not want to mess up the chip, so I carefully cut into the edges of the plastic holding it in place (see red areas in photo) just enough that I could push on it in a direction away from the chip (yellow arrow) to release some of the tension. I did not cut too deep and really, I just kept scoring it as I didn't want to hit the chip.

This bent the plastic slightly to create a gap on that side. The chip was then relatively easy to remove as it wasn't binding on all 4 sides of the holder. Once I got it out, I simply bent the plastic back in place. I'm sure it would hold the chip in place if I needed to re-install it down the road. (Note that I did not cut fully through those red areas, but just enough to bend it away to give more access.)
Jeep Gladiator Re-engineering the brick (keyfob) fob.JPG

Sponsored

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
A redesigned key fob would prob be the first Jeep mod for every owner. Maybe instead of a switchblade style key just have it slide down and click into place like the new silverado keys.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fob.JPG

On the fobs I removed the chip from (4 fobs) I did not cut at all. I just took a very thin flat tip screwdriver blade (Jeweler's size screw driver) and tapped it into (small tack hammer) the small seam that is pointed to with yellow arrow in the pic. As the blade went in the plastic wall of the RFID chip holder spread away from the RFID a bit.... once spread, I was able to pry RFID chip out.
Looks like you got luckier than the rest of us.

I have several sets of micro screwdrivers I was trying. But, when I was attempting to remove the chip with them it didn't budge. Its much less of a hassle to score the plastic to loosen and bend it away than to buy a new fob if I messed up the chip.

I then bent the plastic I scored back in place. I did not have to cut through so it still is plenty strong to put the chip back if I go OEM. Plus, someone would have to re-open the OEM fob to look at the chip mounting area to see anything amiss. I doubt that would ever happen. No need to go that deep even for a battery change.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fob.JPG

On the fobs I removed the chip from (4 fobs) I did not cut at all. I just took a very thin flat tip screwdriver blade (Jeweler's size screw driver) and tapped it into (small tack hammer) the small seam that is pointed to with yellow arrow in the pic. As the blade went in the plastic wall of the RFID chip holder spread away from the RFID a bit.... once spread, I was able to pry RFID chip out.
No amount of spreading was releasing my chip, so I had to cut... not sure it will be visible in the picture, but cut on the side by the key just a small bit thru to the chip and was able to get the point of an awl in under the chip and pop it up. the bottom of the chip case angles up slightly, if you can get under with the tip of the awl, it pops right up.

1CD364BE-F983-46CB-B07C-0AE2083AE598.jpeg

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No amount of spreading was releasing my chip, so I had to cut.......
At least its out. 👍

This is mine after I got it out. You can see the score lines I mentioned:

Jeep Gladiator Re-engineering the brick (keyfob) IMG_2759

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
I would be interested to hear if we can get a “normal” key cut. I don’t have keyless entry.
You definitely can get one cut. After locking myself out of the truck on a trip I had one cut and placed in a lock box.

I used this https://mysecuritypro.com/SIP22-GTS.aspx and took it too a locksmith. You do have to find a locksmith that has the right cutter so may need to call around a bit.
Sponsored