Sponsored

Re-engineering the brick (keyfob)

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Review:
Solid fit and finish. Everything went together well, and flush. Install videos are very nice, but the install is foolproof minus the RFID chip. Everything works, it’s smaller and lighter. The provided screwdriver was nice.

Howeverrrrrrrrrr....

While the Jeep key is large, it does have a “premium” feel to it. Rubber buttons, shiny logo, switchblade key, gasket inside for maybe water protection?. This... well... looks and feels like it was 3D printed. I’d be eager to see a version that reuses, or implements rubber buttons, but I suppose that’s not necessary.

The size and function and durability are all that really matters at the end of the day, because no one really cares what the fob looks or feels like. But it has a noticeable cheap look to it, in my opinion.

I’m not dissatisfied, but feel like there’s room to improve. As a guy meeting demand of forum users, It is pretty nifty. I think it’s pretty neat and would recommend buying it.
Sponsored

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
Yes, these blanks , both will work. No way in regard to transponder as those keys are not programable, nor are they chipped.
Thank you!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
The size and function and durability are all that really matters at the end of the day, because no one really cares what the fob looks or feels like. But it has a noticeable cheap look to it, in my opinion.
I care about the cheap look and feel, and don't care about the size. I'm just watching these threads for fun and fascination.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I care about the cheap look and feel, and don't care about the size. I'm just watching these threads for fun and fascination.
I will say that after using it a few days, there is less effort to depress the buttons which I quite enjoy. Those without the proximity entry will appreciate the more touch-screen haptic press than the overly deep press required on the regular fob. But it isn’t enough to accidentally depress in the pocket.

There’s no way to avoid the look of it though— it looks super cheap. The symbols for lock/unlock etc are rounded and not crisp, it definitely looks like the imprecision of 3D print.

Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
After using my fob this past week, I'm even more pleased with it than I originally was.

As stupid as it sounds (because we're only talking about a key fob), the size and weight are a vast improvement. I can slip it in my pocket and forget about it.

As far as it looking cheap... to me it looks pretty much like any other basic plastic fob. (Well, aside from the fact that you can customize it in so many ways unlike any other fobs.) Its easy to see on the webpage what it looks like prior to ordering and decide if its for you or not. But, considering that these aren't mass produced in China and really only fill a small niche, I give Di Labs props for coming up with them.

I'm ready to buy another when they color the buttons. 👍

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
Man, you need to take that video down. Can tell your an Army guy. You demonstrated many things not to do. Go back and follow the instructions. You forgot the rfid chip and the screw for the new fob. Go Navy!

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
Man, you need to take that video down. Can tell your an Army guy. You demonstrated many thing not to do. Go back and follow the instructions. Go Navy!
It's a real world video. Not practiced and fake. Kind of like sitting on a boat vs going on land. Haha. Sorry. You asked for it.

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
It's a real world video. Not practiced and fake. Kind of like sitting on a boat vs going on land. Haha. Sorry. You asked for it.
Love how many of us seem to be military.

This reminds me of the training video we used for combat turns on aircraft. They filmed it with errors, and they would always tell everyone, that is an error don't do that. When people did the task, they repeated what they saw.

Once they replaced the training video with one that had no errors, the pass rate went up 25%.

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
Man, you need to take that video down. Can tell your an Army guy. You demonstrated many things not to do. Go back and follow the instructions. You forgot the rfid chip and the screw for the new fob. Go Navy!
I had an error in it and uploaded a new version

Xwelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tow Max
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance
This thing is awesome. Still not sure how I’m going to carry the physical key, but as pictured is so much better than the brick in my pocket. Also, there is fantastic customer service with these. Had a small issue with the order, and they went way above and beyond to make it right.
Jeep Gladiator Re-engineering the brick (keyfob) 32777BFF-57F4-4573-BFCD-BB520A1554CE
Sponsored