JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S GC, 1974 Chevy C10, 1998 GMC 2500
Vehicle Showcase
Having the dealer re- calibrate speedo for bigger tires.
Is that something I will have to re calibrate again after the re-gear
yes, u need to program from 3.73 to 4.88 or whatever you choose. It's simple if you have the programmer

OP
OP
Kinz384

Kinz384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator ,18 jku golden eagle 7 seater, 17 M2
So. I’ll have them do it now. So it’s in their system. & “ keep warranty “. & then I’ll just do. With a tazer. After regear & fix annoying stop/ start

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I have a shop and we've done 4.88s, 5.13s & 5.38s on new JLs & JTs with 37s. They 4.88s have the most "stock" feel like this is the way it should feel from the factory. Gives it more punch off the line and holds 8th gear at highway speeds without dropping in and out of 7th.
I personally went with 4.88s in mine and have no regrets.
Where are you located? What does you charge to re-gear (just labor)?

I can't find anyone within 100 + miles of me in Green Bay that will do the re-gear. I've called all over, even diesel and big truck shops.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I just changed out my 4.10s for 4.88s on my Rubicon with 37" Ridge Grapplers and they feel perfect for me. The 4.10s were just fine for around town but on the highway I wasn't getting into 8th gear much. If I didn't tow I would not have changed out the 4.10s however towing I needed the upgrade. With 3.73s it is a major upgrade to 4.88s. Not sure how moving to the 5.13s would improve things but with 37s the 4.88 seems to put the Jeep back to stock feel.

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I just changed out my 4.10s for 4.88s on my Rubicon with 37" Ridge Grapplers and they feel perfect for me. The 4.10s were just fine for around town but on the highway I wasn't getting into 8th gear much. If I didn't tow I would not have changed out the 4.10s however towing I needed the upgrade. With 3.73s it is a major upgrade to 4.88s. Not sure how moving to the 5.13s would improve things but with 37s the 4.88 seems to put the Jeep back to stock feel.
I am going with 5.13s on mine. I also tow a ton - when I find someone to do it for a decent price I will let you know how it turns out!

JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S GC, 1974 Chevy C10, 1998 GMC 2500
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you located? What does you charge to re-gear (just labor)?

I can't find anyone within 100 + miles of me in Green Bay that will do the re-gear. I've called all over, even diesel and big truck shops.
Ugh, I wish I could help but I'm a bit far... Long Island, NY.
We've been doing Revolution gears & rebuild kits with labor for $2,300. (NY labor is more than other states...cost of running a business here is just ridiculous)

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Had mine done at Mt Zion off-road in York, PA for $2200 parts and labor. I know it’s not close to you but just a point of reference. They did do awesome work!

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Had mine done at Mt Zion off-road in York, PA for $2200 parts and labor. I know it’s not close to you but just a point of reference. They did do awesome work!
See, that to me is crazy high. The guys re-gearing on Jeeps for a living are charging $1599 all in - parts and labor. This is in CA so ..... inflation included (haha)

https://rebeloffroad.com/regearmyjeep/

Need to Regear Your JL/JT?
Get a new set of gears installed in BOTH axles for $1599, labor included!

Details:

• $1599 installed (does not include tax)
  • Price covers parts and labor
  • Revolution Gear and Axle parts used
  • Available for Dana 30/44 axles from 2018+ Jeep JL’s & 2020 JT's
  • JL/JT Gear ratios come in 4.88 and 5.13
  • Half Day Installation
  • Comes complete with Minor Install Kits
  • Includes complimentary Lube Locker gaskets for both front and rear
  • Includes a complimentary gear oil change for front and rear differentials 500 miles after regear

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a great deal for sure. In this area most shops charge closer to $3k so I felt like the pricing from Mt Zion was decent. Unfortunately it seems the only places with these low prices are out west. Maybe coats are somehow higher or we just get gouged in the northeast. I had a shop that did my JK for less many years ago but resulted in numerous issues with gear whine and then a complete failure that resulted in having to get the gears done again so I am ok with a few dollars more to get them done right the first time.

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
That’s a great deal for sure. In this area most shops charge closer to $3k so I felt like the pricing from Mt Zion was decent. Unfortunately it seems the only places with these low prices are out west. Maybe coats are somehow higher or we just get gouged in the northeast. I had a shop that did my JK for less many years ago but resulted in numerous issues with gear whine and then a complete failure that resulted in having to get the gears done again so I am ok with a few dollars more to get them done right the first time.
Yeah, both east and west coast have WAY more options for Jeep work than we do.

Thats my other concern...on top of the guys who aren't doing these regularly overcharging for labor....the job not being done properly.

Half tempted to invest some money and open up a Jeep modding shop here. Just need to find some ASE/Master Mechanic qualified Jeep nuts!

DaveFrat

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Driver
That doesn’t sound too bad.
Is having the dealer do it. Worth having the warranty aspect
My dealer told me 4.10 were the most they could do. They state anything other would void warranty. However they did recommend an outside shop to do it. I’ve been told by a shop here in town $1700 parts and labor.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
My dealer told me 4.10 were the most they could do. They state anything other would void warranty. However they did recommend an outside shop to do it. I’ve been told by a shop here in town $1700 parts and labor.
Man....my dealer couldn't even quote me. Said they had no clue how much or how long it would take. Which left me with no reassurance they would do it properly.

$1700 is pretty competitive! What type of shop? I have yet to find anyone.

DaveFrat

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Driver
Man....my dealer couldn't even quote me. Said they had no clue how much or how long it would take. Which left me with no reassurance they would do it properly.

$1700 is pretty competitive! What type of shop? I have yet to find anyone.
It’s a local Jeep shop. It’s the pretty common price around here. Exodus Jeep here was like $1750.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
It’s a local Jeep shop. It’s the pretty common price around here. Exodus Jeep here was like $1750.
Yeah - I wish that were the case here.
Sponsored