Sponsored

Read an article... The word 'Mojave' appeared.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Post #76 and we haven't been canceled!!!! We are JEEPIN !!!

Jeep Gladiator Read an article... The word 'Mojave' appeared. 4dd9339b-1b03-43ee-8a30-d296c5b5f116
Jeep Gladiator Read an article... The word 'Mojave' appeared. Rbbe89eb656d4d5989fa2589f9509b559
Jeep Gladiator Read an article... The word 'Mojave' appeared. R6c117addddcfea25859edfcff2721921
Jeep Gladiator Read an article... The word 'Mojave' appeared. a1b2b53359e5da73ad8f2713e2d2a04d
Jeep Gladiator Read an article... The word 'Mojave' appeared. maxresdefault
Jeep Gladiator Read an article... The word 'Mojave' appeared. Rfefee1c866eb7ef9a17696f999084b0b
Jeep Gladiator Read an article... The word 'Mojave' appeared. R1ad452bb59b8fd0c76e3fbf6d07d6b9
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I think we can all agree that the Pontiac Aztec takes the cake for being offensive.
Offensive mostly based off its looks. I would be super mad if my ancestors were named after a vehicle as ugly as that thing.

Edit: (and pic added) what engineer and consumer actually looked at this thing and thought it was a good idea?!

05B4ED9F-730D-4794-91EA-2F427BF821B6.jpeg

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I will volunteer my heritage for a jeep model name....growing up in south Florida i mostly identified with my father's cuban upbringing. How about a Jeep Havana?....comes with a raft and some cigars...Rum if your over 21.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Offensive mostly based off its looks. I would be super mad if my ancestors were named after a vehicle as ugly as that thing.

Edit: (and pic added) what engineer and consumer actually looked at this thing and thought it was a good idea?!

Jeep Gladiator Read an article... The word 'Mojave' appeared. 05B4ED9F-730D-4794-91EA-2F427BF821B6
That thing did not age well...

Sponsored

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Cherokee I kind of understood. Don't have a dog in the fight and am pushing myself to check my emotional response and think more critically and openly when these kinds of conversations come up.

For Mojave, I always just equated it directly to the desert. Just did some reading to learn of the Mojave people. Would never have thought about it otherwise. The awareness drove my curiosity for further education and context.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Those that didn't have a voice, or weren't heard, now are.

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Lol, we'll be driving the Jeep Antifa and the Jeep SJW soon because that'll be all that's allowed.

Tesla will be fine with the letters but they won't be able to call the S Plaid anymore since plaid is worn by white lumberjacks. Ludicrous mode will be canceled for culturally appropriating the black rapper's name.

Every car will end up being Audi or Lexus with letters and numbers but no offensive combinations like the KKK1776.

I wonder why White Brothers or Armytrix exhaust hadn't been canceled yet.

Reactions: H2O

Dooley the Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wranger, 2018 Honda Pilot, 2000 Honda VT1100
We live in a clown world where the a certain group tells others that they are wrong to not be offended, to be victims, and think so little of the ability of minorities that they take on the mantle of white knight.
Careful now .... Don't be picking on us clowns .... 🤡

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's time to address the wikipedias ... Ask yourself this. Would you rather have many people updating truth, all the time? Or, would you rather have a set of encyclopedias written years ago and printed once a year by a private company? The wiki's are the most current, most widely available, and most updated library of all time. They are the best! Everything else, including news articles, scientific papers, and anything written in sanskrit on a mud tablet are just what got written down about a thing on that one day long ago. I'll take my brain and wiki's against all the books in the world, which, btw, are included in the wikis in their original form, any day. Give me an old jeep and some free time, I don't need your civilized grand whatever. Just saying. Flame away. :rock::like:

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
It's time to address the wikipedias ... Ask yourself this. Would you rather have many people updating truth, all the time? Or, would you rather have a set of encyclopedias written years ago and printed once a year by a private company? The wiki's are the most current, most widely available, and most updated library of all time. They are the best! Everything else, including news articles, scientific papers, and anything written in sanskrit on a mud tablet are just what got written down about a thing on that one day long ago. I'll take my brain and wiki's against all the books in the world, which, btw, are included in the wikis in their original form, any day. Give me an old jeep and some free time, I don't need your civilized grand whatever. Just saying. Flame away. :rock::like:
Do you know who can edit and to Wikipedia? Anyone, despite their knowledge or expertise. There are currently over 40 million registered users and about 150,000 frequently monthly editors (according to Wikipedia ;) ).

The overall accuracy of Wikipedia is around 80%. So as long as your expectations are that 1/5 of the things you look at my be not accurate, it’s fine to use. This why academic institutions do not formally recognize anything from wiki... 20 percent is false!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Do you know who can edit and to Wikipedia? Anyone, despite their knowledge or expertise. There are currently over 40 million registered users and about 150,000 frequently monthly editors (according to Wikipedia ;) ).

The overall accuracy of Wikipedia is around 80%. So as long as your expectations are that 1/5 of the things you look at my be not accurate, it’s fine to use. This why academic institutions do not formally recognize anything from wiki... 20 percent is false!
Ever fact check an encyclopedia? They are way worse by omission and commission. I'd bet encyl are worse than 20% error rate because they are two years out of date upon printing, rendering them obsolete, not current. Also, for space, they condense, omitting critical details. Similarly, they omit entireties of topics for space. Wikis have all those editors, to help clean it up, so you get all the view points anyway. Like I said, would you rather have a private company water down your truth, make it fit screen by leaving out stuff, and telling you what it was two years ago? No way man. But I'd have to use the internet to prove it :LOL::CWL:
Sponsored