Sponsored

Real Fog lights ?

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
OK. For years I have run amber fogs in the NE in the snow. Every vehicle I have had was equipped with Hella Fogs and never had issues. Even our JK had a set of amber fogs. With the JT I tried the "LED" upgrade bulbs from multiple vendors and they all suck. Im in the south now so instead of snow I get alot of Fog. Last week it was so bad I couldn't see crap. The only light that went thru the fog was my cowl lights which I wont run around other vehicles. So I want a real set of fogs. Idealy they would be LED and fit in the factory bumper. I have seen a few sets but can't figure out who makes the best. Has anyone swapped in true LED amber fogs that work good ? Plan is to use the fog light circuit just to flip a relay from battery so I dont overload the factory circuit.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
anyone have recommendations for just bulbs that arenā€™t gonna cause bulb out codes? I donā€™t need crazy good, just donā€™t really want yellow tint because technically that makes it dimmer but donā€™t want to change out the factory fog light assemblies on the stock bumper

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think really there are 3 options.

1) put an amber filter over the existing lights. Yes, this will reduce brightness. But if your factory fogs are incandescent you can buy a higher wattage bulb to compensate.

2) if you have factory incandescent fogs, you could switch to amber LEDs. You can buy plug and play resistors to eliminate a bulb out error. Or if you have JScan or Tazer, you can change the bulb setting to LED.

3) Replace the the entire fog unit with aftermarket amber units.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
anyone have recommendations for just bulbs that arenā€™t gonna cause bulb out codes? I donā€™t need crazy good, just donā€™t really want yellow tint because technically that makes it dimmer but donā€™t want to change out the factory fog light assemblies on the stock bumper
Im a huge fan of my headlight revolutions fog lights. Theyre not the cheapest but they make a huge difference

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Im a huge fan of my headlight revolutions fog lights. Theyre not the cheapest but they make a huge difference
holy crap $120???

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
holy crap $120???
they're worth every penny. If you haven't already learned the lessons of the jeep...pay for quality the first time and you wont be disappointed.

Sponsored

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
they're worth every penny. If you haven't already learned the lessons of the jeep...pay for quality the first time and you wont be disappointed.
Yeah I know... but something that I almost guarantee will be changed in the future its hard to imagine. Although they are half the price as the Headlight Revolutions.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I know... but something that I almost guarantee will be changed in the future its hard to imagine. Although they are half the price as the Headlight Revolutions.
its definitely a big carrot to swallow.

And I can only speak from personal experience.

But im beyond glad I got the HR LED headlights and fogs. they made such a massive difference that I haven't even considered anything else. My wife just got a JLU and I already ordered her the same ones.

Im sure the light nazis will swoop in and squawk about light beam cutoff and how its heresy to use leds in a halogen housing. But these things are better than the OEM LEDS as far as im concerned. Haters gonna hate.

OP
OP

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I tried the LED replacement bulbs from about 3 places. Headlights are fine it's the fogs I can't find any good. Looks like best route is the SS3
Sponsored