Sponsored
OP
OP

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Not sure. Our CTC is only 10" taller than the jeep with the Vnose. Unfortunately with the noose I couldn't use a weight distribution hitch so went with the air bags. I also went with E rated BFG when I replaced my tires to help stiffen up the rear a bit. I will say there were a couple areas where towing was a dream. I think I was getting a tail wind and it was a nice calm day. This picture was at the RV Hall of Fame in Elkhart. The other thing I did do but ended up dropping was the thron adapter with the mirrors from the JK. While it was nice on some areas I found that the trailer only being 5' wide (narrower than the bed) I really didn't need them. Had great view around it. They were nice in the cities as it just gave me that extra vision feeling. If the trailer were wider they would have been perfect. I need to get back to my spreadsheet.
Jeep Gladiator Real world towing 1600 lbs trailer 5960 Miles around the US JT and CTC
Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Interesting report. Not sure why I have had such a different experience towing behind a lifted Rubicon on 37s. I've towed our 3500 lb camper far more distance than that and not had any issues. It's probably more aerodynamic which might help. I also have a weight distribution/anti sway hitch. Maybe that is part of the difference.

Jeep Gladiator Real world towing 1600 lbs trailer 5960 Miles around the US JT and CTC
Love the wrap on your camper.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
We tow a 3k lb ALiner and it's basically not even really noticeable back there. At 65 was still get 16 mpg on 37s and wasn't really getting blown around much. When we picked the camper I went with the hard sided pop up to mitigate catching wind and minimize aero drag though. The aliner is also designed to tow behind some fairly dinky tow vehicles so the axle is positioned far back and the tongue weight is closer to 15% to make it extremely stable.

FB_IMG_1650248851352.jpg
Sponsored