First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Prof
The rear axle lock on my '21 gladiator mojave stuck engaged on both sides (left and right). Made the vehicle undriveable. Still under warranty so dealership replaced the floating axle both sides and all related parts at no cost (but significant inconvenience - 6 weeks without truck). Problems with the Jeep rear axle lock seem to go back a couple of years. Has Jeep addressed this issue? What are the chances it will recur (especially after warranty expires)? Anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Are you sure it was actually stuck locked? The sensor going bad and possibly reporting it locked is a common issue, but actually getting stucked locked, I think you're only the 2nd person I've heard have that happen.

OP
OP

rabates

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Prof
Are you sure it was actually stuck locked? The sensor going bad and possibly reporting it locked is a common issue, but actually getting stucked locked, I think you're only the 2nd person I've heard have that happen.
Yes, it was actually locked.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Yes, it was actually locked.
Oof talk about a bad day, this doesn't seem to be that common thankfully. The issue most are having is the sensor itself going bad due to metal contamination in the sensor from not being potted.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Oof talk about a bad day, this doesn't seem to be that common thankfully. The issue most are having is the sensor itself going bad due to metal contamination in the sensor from not being potted.
A little correction here. It's not metal getting into the sensor, but oil weeping into it.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
A little correction here. It's not metal getting into the sensor, but oil weeping into it.
I thought it was the metal collecting on the hall sensor because the oil weeps in and carries the shavings in.