OVRLND_G8R

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator
No solution to it for me. But you may not be experiencing a similar issue. I would check driveshaft asap.

Buddy of mine blew his driveshaft on the highway. He was getting constant vibration and it got worse and worse. Unbalanced driveshaft can cause thevibration and if you bang it up on a trail it can cause it. Then boom. (Blown driveshaft also sheared off the output shaft of the transmission) Start there is my .02
Sponsored

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
I found that adding a rear track bar relocation bracket helped. The rear suspension, if lifted, causes the rear track bar angle to increase and creates "bump steer" on the back of the truck. This would be a relatively cheap step to take and see if it works. I added the Teraflex to my 2020 gasser and it made a world of difference in ride quality. I have the Evo one on my '22 Ecodiesel.

20211115_050839.jpg
This interests me,

Are we getting into a suspension geometry issue when there's added weight over the rear end, Is it a lifted angle increase and a weighted decrease of the stock suspension that now increases a angle which introduces a bump steer issue, and if this is a suspension issue tires springs or shock wont fix it, road VS suspension angles which in then causes a oscillating wave that the suspension cant over come, thinking out the side of my head here.......ideas thoughts, go pro mounts on the rear suspension???

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 F-150, ā€˜15 CTS, ā€˜21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
I have the 3.3s and I'm experiencing the same issue. The 3.3s are absolute garbage.
I'm not happy with my 3.3s.
I saw a YouTube vid explaining the difference between digressive falcon shocks and progressive Fox shocks and if I understood it correctly, digressive shocks "come on" early then fade, while progressive shocks start travel easy then firm up, and the former is what my rear end would say its experienced on the trails.
I will say this: recently I was in a hurry and running a clay washboard trail a bit faster than usual and the shocks really seemed to come on and was the first time I was pleased with their off-road performance.
I was parked on a road one day between the order and delivery of my Jeep and watched this raptor go by and over a speed bump and the back bumper didn't move an inch. I was hoping to get this kind of performance from my suspension/ shocks but not close so far.

jensjer

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM, Wrangler LJ
Occupation
PhotoAd
Tis the problem with lifts..aftermarket anything.. If anyone is expecting to get "factory ride" even with all the correction brackets, highest quality lifts and parts ,... they're 100% wrong.
Nobody is putting in the hours that the actual engineering "teams" did.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Tis the problem with lifts..aftermarket anything.. If anyone is expecting to get "factory ride" even with all the correction brackets, highest quality lifts and parts ,... they're 100% wrong.
Nobody is putting in the hours that the actual engineering "teams" did.
I kind of agree with you here, but..........

You think the "engineering teams" really put that much work into the original product? Is that why Pilearis and CrapAm have bumpsteer actually built into the design? I'd this why Jeep has bottoming ecodiesel trucks out of the box?

Sponsored

RedBearon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Anyone ever find a solution or at least isolate the issue?

I'm here after doing a 2k mile trip from FL to CO and it seemed to only start around West Kansas.

I thought it was just that particular section of road but it seems to be doing it on many roads now (though not all).
I think I remember hitting a pothole a little while before it started but can't say for sure if that would cause anything to change.

I kinda thought maybe a wheel weight fell off but don't see anything obvious.

I'm on new 37" Baja Boss AT's setup on KMC Beadlocks.
Balanced just before I left on this trip and while not perfect.. seem smooth as long as the road is smooth.

Only other factor I can think of is my rear driveshaft hasn't been perfect since I banged it up on some rocks.. It vibrates a bit but not enough to cause the oscillation I'm feeling (I don't think at least) and that was 20k miles ago...

Wondering if there's an issue with the axel housing or shafts.

I'm gonna start isolating when I can.. but of course this happens in the middle of a 5k mi trip...

Things I'm thinking to check:

-Wheel Balance
-Rear Driveshaft
-Axel Housing
-Alignment
-Track Bar

I'll let y'all know what I find!
Update: Coming up on 4k mi into this trip and been paying more attention to the things that seem to affect it along the way..
Smooth roads = almost perfectly smooth ride.
Weight seems to be a factor.. when I was nearly empty gas-wise it seemed to have more of an issue... full tank smoothed things out.
This makes me thing it's more about suspension being unable to overcome the road oscillations... but hard to say without being able to swap out parts just yet...
Another 2k mi to go so wish my sanity luck!

hickman785

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
Hey all,

Iā€™ve searched the forums, but canā€™t seem to find anything providing the solution to some rear end bouncing.

so far startersā€¦. The mods
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
- 2.5ā€ Clayton overland plus lift kit (comes with the triple rate springs)
- falcon 3.3 shocks
- 35x12.5 Goodyear duratrc at 28 psi
- smartcap, 270 awning, iKamper 2.0, fridge/freezer ( so a decent amount of weight which will only grow when fully loaded for camping trips)

Whatā€™s happening is when hitting bumps, mainly the segmented concrete highway, I get a bad bounce that is only up and down. No sway during this. It is repetitive and constant until the segmented Highway section ends and the truck smooths out almost instantly. I do notice the same feeling on side streets where it provides a similar situation.

I have adjusted the shocks settings messing with them to see if adjustments would solve the issue. No luck.
Iā€™ve removed the weight from the truck, and it seemed to get a little better but did not solve it.

i redesigned the mounting of the iKamper to lower it closer to roofline to see if reducing the amount of air getting under the RTT would help, which it did but the bouncing is still present

are other people experiencing this and I am just being to critical on the truck?

Any advice, things to check, etc would be greatly appreciated

thank you
Ive been dealing with the exact same thing for over two years. I've spent almost $7000 trying to address it with no luck.

The only thing that helped alleviate the bouncing was removing all of the weight from the bed of the truck(about 600 pounds), higher tires pressures (lower tire pressure makes the bouncing unbearable) and when I tow my trailer it doesn't bounce...2 years into it and I've basically made no progress at all

OP
OP
OVRLND_G8R

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator
Ive been dealing with the exact same thing for over two years. I've spent almost $7000 trying to address it with no luck.

The only thing that helped alleviate the bouncing was removing all of the weight from the bed of the truck(about 600 pounds), higher tires pressures (lower tire pressure makes the bouncing unbearable) and when I tow my trailer it doesn't bounce...2 years into it and I've basically made no progress at all
running the falcons I assume as well. Iā€™m tempted to see if the 3.5s with the ā€œautoā€ would solve it šŸ˜‚

hickman785

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
running the falcons I assume as well. Iā€™m tempted to see if the 3.5s with the ā€œautoā€ would solve it šŸ˜‚
I had the 3.3s and hated them...complete waste of $2000...I switched back to factory shocks and the jeep rides better now, but it still bounces...I'm looking at going with the Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks...

bonner

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 rubicon
I'm having a similar issue. I Have a rubicon with the mopar lift. I put the EDC camper on it which supposedly weighs 300 lbs. As soon as I put that on ai started having a low vibrational bucking from front to back. To begin with I thought it was wind and aero dynamics but it does it at slow speeds too and its worse on the concrete highways. So I think it must have something to do with the weight and the suspension.
Sponsored