First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
We’re you in the vehicle? If not, it’s NOT a collision.
Seems like a good case for doing a police report and it being deemed a hit and run. ???
Sponsored

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
was involved in a twenty car pileup this morning on some icy conditions.

was rear ended at what had to be around 30 mph. Hard to tell. Although he did have a dash cam that captured the accident.

I think my ball mount took the brunt of the hit.

ED352AD4-B731-4121-913B-BC04A1F40659.jpeg
Wears a mask, doesn't have winter tires and doesn't exercise caution in slippery conditions. STAY SAFE :LOL:

Pauls001

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Hope you don't need any parts to repair your truck because my wife hit a concrete base that holds up a light in the parking lot at Walmart and did $4,300 dollars worth of damage two months ago and the body shop is still waiting on parts from Jeep and they have no idea when parts will be available so guys be careful with your Jeep Gladiators you can't get parts!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you don't need any parts to repair your truck because my wife hit a concrete base that holds up a light in the parking lot at Walmart and did $4,300 dollars worth of damage two months ago and the body shop is still waiting on parts from Jeep and they have no idea when parts will be available so guys be careful with your Jeep Gladiators you can't get parts!
We aren't the only ones waiting - my wife got a card in the mail telling her that one of the things she ordered 6 months ago for Christmas won't be shipping until after the first of the year.
I tried to order 10 windshield wiper motor harnesses from a supplier - they had 2 and said they could not get more until next June.
I contacted the only other supplier I know of and they said they had none, but had one for later models - I can switch the connector shells and they'll work just fine. I was able to get 7 between the two of them, I have 10 orders for wiper motor restoration and can't get more harnesses until next june - MAYBE.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely a ticket for "To fast for conditions" in some states. Careless driving in others. Possible reckless or negligent driving depending on speed limit in the area. (State) if injury's due to crash.
I love the pipe wrench one I might need to do that one. I have a drop hitch painted yellow in my JT to tow my trailer and leave it in.

Sponsored

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
UPDATED; ...So, I feel bad because I didn't even address your post, So, here is my correction; I'm super glad everyone is ok, it could have been alot worse, and it looks like your JT will be ok after some minor repairs. I hope your Christmas still went well and that no plans had to be drastically changed or cancelled. As for DOUGSTDIG; I've had the same receiver step since I've had my truck. I call it my Subaru Harpoon, but its an extra layer of insurance for the rear end, and they are solid. And as an extra measure for tailgaters, I used stainless steel bolts to secure a bright yellow pipe wrench to my bumper. That has seriously ended most idiots from tailgating me more than anything else. Honestly, I don't drive in town much, as I feel city driving is harder on my JT than an extreme jeep trail, that, and I'm always worried I'll pick up door dings or get plowed into,,,,,, or worse yet, I might get DUCKED, ha ha.

IMG_1616.jpeg
This is brilliant and hilarious, but do you get pulled over by every cop who ends up behind you?

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
Yesterday, the roads were iced in Omaha and I caught a strange glimpse of a headlight peering over the double line through my side mirror. The person then continued to slide through two oncoming lanes and over a curb, sidewalk, up a hill of grass until it found a tree to stop what may have been it’s last 5mph of slide. Noticing how close the car appeared in my mirror before they veered across the divide, I pulled off at the next turnout to inspect my Back Bone hitch guard and bumper which didn’t show a scratch. I chose this design of hitch guard as I thought it might help to distribute and direct impact down vs pierce soft pieces and let hard pieces continue on their way towards the rear of my rig! Even though I didn’t need it, the step isn’t bad either.

If you’re interested in one, they sent me a referral link to share with whoever, for a $20 coupon, but you have to be a new customer or at least try to use a different email:

https://extremeterrain.referralrock.com/l/1BRETREED24/

E6FBA3FC-E134-4691-9C62-94558B00F2C2.jpeg

2530D5F8-1D8A-44A0-B598-B1A15107C159.jpeg

DrPlastic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 H-D Breakout, '21 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician/Mechanic
Long story but on topic............

Less than 4 months after I purchased a new 2013 Ford Explorer XLT with the tow package, I was rear ended while waiting at a stop light in traffic, by a woman in a 2009 Toyota Avalon. Needless to say she hit my trailer hitch receiver and then submarined under my Explorer. They had to replace the entire exhaust system to include the bumper and hitch and complete floor behind the rear seats. She pushed the exhaust system to within an inch of the suspension. I drove home, she totaled her car as the hitch receiver took out the bumper, hood, both fenders, windshield, radiator and her engine. She was flat bedded away. 2 months after that incident's repair, it happened again. I now wear a "Superbumper" on all my vehicles

Accident photos

Jeep Gladiator Rear Ended Today 1641051590812

Sponsored

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
We’re you in the vehicle? If not, it’s NOT a collision.
from someone who has probably written a 1000 crash reports (10-50s in Illinois) this is totally false information

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
from someone who has probably written a 1000 crash reports (10-50s in Illinois) this is totally false information
I stand corrected. Yes …10-50’s in TX as well. While I haven’t the numbers as you I’ve been there done that as well. Fortunately, I had opportunities allowing me to get out before the rampant disrespect trend kicked in.

Non-at fault collision, meaning his rate shouldn’t go up is what I was trying to say. …That is unless he’s had numerous occurrences and he has a high propensity for re-occurrence.

OP
OP

KPersico92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Cemetery Industry
Just got around to taking it to my buddies body shop. They had to pull the frame 2 inches.
I thought once frame damage occurs the vehicle is totaled?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Just got around to taking it to my buddies body shop. They had to pull the frame 2 inches.
I thought once frame damage occurs the vehicle is totaled?
Totaled depends on the law in your state and $$$. I really can't tell from your description what the damage was, where it was, what they pulled, what direction and so on.

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I got rear-ended in my Wrangler a few years ago. The frame was bent and it wasn't totaled. It was close though. (I think the insurance told me the repair estimate had to exceed 70% of the list value before they would consider it totaled.) Anyway, they didn't fix the frame; they replaced it with a brand new OEM frame. 2 inches sounds like a lot of frame damage.
Sponsored