Rear Seat Leg Room

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK | 5.9 Ram Mega Cab | 69 Camaro | 4Runner | Camaro SS 1LE
I really hope the rear seat is actually usable and leg room is better than the current model. I put the spacer kit in my JK to recline about 2.5” or so and it kinda helps make it feel like there is more room.

Does anybody know anything about leg room or the back seat?
Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I'm assuming it will be the same as the JLU.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
My assumption is they will use a similar sport bar configuration like the two door JL with the rear seat setup and legroom from the JLU. But to your question, we really don't know much at all about the JT let alone interior cabin specs. Best we can offer is a seat to sit and wait for the details with the rest of us.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Many on here prefer a 2 door (no plans to build). I need the 4 doors for the family. That said, I am good with a smaller rear seat. Its mostly for kids anyway. Lets keep it small and work on the break over angle.

Last edited:

audibahn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2013 JKUR
I prefer a bigger back seat. Both the Tacoma and Chevy Colorado felt too cramped. Don't need the back seat of a Tundra Crewmax, but something that fits car seats comfortably would be nice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
devwil68

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I prefer a bigger back seat. Both the Tacoma and Chevy Colorado felt too cramped. Don't need the back seat of a Tundra Crewmax, but something that fits car seats comfortably would be nice.
I agree

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
Sadly you will likely have to look at a full size for more rear seat room. The JT is looking to compete in the midsize truck range and the JL body and seats are part of that basis. That being said, alot of Tacoma owners have said that my JK had more rear seat room than their crew cabs. (The dimensions charts say the same). I doubt you'll ever be able to fit three full sized carseats in the back, but two with some center divider space should be easy to do.

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
Meh... my dog doesn’t need a lot of room. And no one ever rides in the back seat with me anyways... I’m good.

OP
OP
devwil68

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m just looking for 2-3” more. Is that too much time ask?

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I have two long-legged teens riding in the back of my current Jeep. My hope is that it will have at least the same legroom as is in the JKU... if it is all squished like the Tacoma then I won't be pursuing a Jeep truck until the kids are moved out.