First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Sway bar could be a culprit also, no matter what, the Metal Cloak brace is not that much money and you should get the longer bolt from dealer, was not much money either but does engage more threads for sure, then relax just go back to smiling and waving at girls in jeeps, life is good!.....Jack
Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Im
The other questions not really ever answered , has anyone on a totally stock gladiator have a failure, no matter what trim? Perhaps it has something to do with lifts or heavy tire wheel combos. AEV makes a sway bar reinforcing bracket for their lift. I'm not doing polls or posting a thread, but there is the question, my mojave has been in the air a few times, minor amount, but no failure....Jack
pretty sure I’ve read some people say their stock jeep broke…. Though I’m sure the lifts make it much more likely!

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Has anyone bent up their RokBlokz rear mudflaps hangars to work with the Metalcloak rear sway bar brace?

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Yes, they fit Nick, have to make a 1/2" X 1/2" slot, check out posts #81 and #86 this thread, couple of us did it, I did take mine off and repaint them after ,still solid !......Jack

Sponsored

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
Yeah, I just checked out the Synergy one. They are a drop down bracket, but I guess they could be used to fix a broken bracket too.
I specifically asked my local 4x4 shop about this, considering 3 members of the shop are running the synergy drop brackets and REALLY wheel hard their opinion I felt was valid enough for me. So, I'm running the Synergy Mfg.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
I took on installing the metal cloak braces today. I saw in some of the older posts that people had to buy longer bolts for the end links but two of those bolts were provided in the most recent kit. The only issue I had was that one of the two smaller stock bolts snapped when I was tightening it down. I went to the hardware store and grabbed a new higher grade M8 bolt that was stronger and about 10 mm longer paired with some larger washers. Luckily I had enough stud still sticking out to pull out the broken bolt. But yeah super happy with how these came out.

20230329_112336.jpg

20230329_143831.jpg

20230329_143714.jpg

DronePilot

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Sport S
Occupation
Retired U.S Army
I just installed mine yesterday and its true the bolts were longer.

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Nice to see Metalcloak heard the feedback and added the longer bolts to their kit. They’re a great vendor!

dcs1779

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Design Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I took on installing the metal cloak braces today. I saw in some of the older posts that people had to buy longer bolts for the end links but two of those bolts were provided in the most recent kit. The only issue I had was that one of the two smaller stock bolts snapped when I was tightening it down. I went to the hardware store and grabbed a new higher grade M8 bolt that was stronger and about 10 mm longer paired with some larger washers. Luckily I had enough stud still sticking out to pull out the broken bolt. But yeah super happy with how these came out.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement 20230329_143714

What size bolt goes in the frame? 2021 JT sport S bought used, nothing mounted in either side only have threaded holes in frame. No bolts.
Sponsored