Sponsored

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Man, you guys are a rough crowd! I said i "should" be back, not I "Would"....slight difference! There are a lot of factors we are considering, and feedback is the most important. We are wanting to stay south of $700, and likely in the $599-$649 Range with good probability of initial product discounts.

As I said, we are are listening to feedback to build the best system out there. Moving the hinges inward and proving a divider are great. Just bare with us as we quickly work to bring you the best solution for your Gladiator.

1612402679303.png

1612402701690.png

1612402722736.png
I really like the smaller 3ed box on the rear right side!

On another note ... the statement..
" Man, you guys are a rough crowd! I said i "should" be back, not I "Would"....slight difference! "
I don't believe this is at all to be taken as a pompous position. This is just one of the unfortunate issues with text / emails is that someone attitude can't be always reliably understood in the spirit it was intended.
He got bombarded with many replies with a new product, testing the waters. We should give him a fair shake.
Sponsored

Beastmaster

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, 1943 Willys MB and a Ural M70 mototcycle
I definitely want/need a good secure underseat storage option and I'm really liking this lockbox.
From what I can tell that besides the OEM box, we currently have 3 options on the market. For my simple mind, I wanted to break things down to figure the advantages/disadvantages of each (prices rounded for better comparison).
  • JCR Offroad has a mole bin for $350 w/free shipping
  • 813 Fabrication will soon have a mole bin for $420 + shipping (can't estimate shipping because the bin's aren't currently for sale)
  • Diabolical Inc has theirs for $600 + $50 shipping
I can't say that money is no object (it's always important) but I'm willing to pay for quality. The bins from JCR and 813 are just that "bins". Their sides and front are open (for mole bags) and rely on the seats to latch down to become their tops. I don't like the fact that the JCR and 813 bins have openings on the sides and front since it would allow people to see what I had stored inside. I never store my guns or anything of great value in my truck but no need to tempt fate by showing folks what is in there.

I wish the one from Diabolical had a divider or two but I do like how the lid opens forward. If it opened to the rear of the truck, you'd probably have to be holding the lid open while you got your stuff out. It definitely looks more secure than the other two.

Last edited:

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I definitely want/need a good secure underseat storage option and I'm really liking this lockbox.
From what I can tell that besides the OEM box, we currently have 3 options on the market. For my simple mind, I wanted to break things down to figure the advantages/disadvantages of each (prices rounded for better comparison).
  • JCR Offroad has a mole bin for $350 w/free shipping
  • 813 Fabrication will soon have a mole bin for $420 + shipping (can't estimate shipping because the bin's aren't currently for sale)
  • Diabolical Inc has theirs for $600 + $50 shipping
I can't say that money is no object (it's always important) but I'm willing to pay for quality. The bins from JCR and 813 are just that "bins". Their sides and front are open (for mole bags) and rely on the seats to latch down to become their tops. I don't like the fact that the JCR and 813 bins have openings on the sides and front since it would allow people to see what I had stored inside. I never store my guns or anything of great value in my truck but no need to tempt fate by showing folks what is in there.

I wish the one from Diabolical had a divider or two but I do like how the lid opens forward. If it opened to the rear of the truck, you'd probably have to be holding the lid open while you got your stuff out. It definitely looks more secure than the other two.

Very good points! We also have a solid front/side version because others asked for things not to be visible. Both versions go on sale this weekend and 2.5 mil "toolbox" style liners will be available. The one thing that you are correct on, it isn't a lockable "box". The locking seat brackets are meant to be a "theft deterrent", it is by no means a high security enclosure. If someone really wants to see what's under the seat, they will find a way, no matter what box is there. I don't think any of the boxes/bins will be full-proof. What we want to do is offer some piece-of-mind that someone if going to have to work to get the seat up and that will most likely deter them and they will move on. As for our locks, they are long and come through the bracket at least 1/4".

IMG_6587.JPG

IMG_6584.JPG

IMG_6630.JPG

Beastmaster

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very good points! We also have a solid front/side version because others asked for things not to be visible. Both versions go on sale this weekend and 2.5 mil "toolbox" style liners will be available. The one thing that you are correct on, it isn't a lockable "box". The locking seat brackets are meant to be a "theft deterrent", it is by no means a high security enclosure. If someone really wants to see what's under the seat, they will find a way, no matter what box is there. I don't think any of the boxes/bins will be full-proof. What we want to do is offer some piece-of-mind that someone if going to have to work to get the seat up and that will most likely deter them and they will move on. As for our locks, they are long and come through the bracket at least 1/4".
Thanks for the update, I like the look of your solid bin 👍
I guess, I'll be checking your website this weekend ;)

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update, I like the look of your solid bin 👍
I guess, I'll be checking your website this weekend ;)
Awesome! I am adding info to the site now to make live tomorrow sometime.

Beastmaster

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! I am adding info to the site now to make live tomorrow sometime.
Well, it looks like you made my decision for me. Your web site said "Coming Soon" all day Friday and Saturday. When I checked it out on Sunday, it finally showed the bins for sale but it said "Sold Out" on the solid-front bin I was interested in :swear:

Lol, I hope that means your business is going well but I guess I'll have to buy elsewhere.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Well, it looks like you made my decision for me. Your web site said "Coming Soon" all day Friday and Saturday. When I checked it out on Sunday, it finally showed the bins for sale but it said "Sold Out" on the solid-front bin I was interested in :swear:

Lol, I hope that means your business is going well but I guess I'll have to buy elsewhere.
Apologies, we had 15 Solid front and 15 MOLLE front models. We sold 25 of them in less than 24 hrs. We are looking at a second run for production.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)

We now have orders open again for the solid model. 3-4 week backorder.

Sponsored

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
This. $600 bucks is WAY too expensive for a plastic box. Hell I would 3d print myself one cheaper than that.
Or make one out of wood, faster, easier, if stained, prettier, and no less secure than plastic. PLA, yeah that wouldn't be very hammer resistant.

Doc B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2006 Buick ,2002 GMC 2500 HD & 6 Harleys
Occupation
Retired HVAC Mec.
I have purchased and installed the Diabolical unit. I like it very much. It's a little pricey, but, fits very well, and seems secure. It allows me too have my "tools" close and secure. I have recommended it to several friends.

TNGatorBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1985 CJ8 Scrambler and 2014 Grand Cherokee WK2 (For Sale)
Occupation
Executive Director
I bought and installed the Diabolical storage unit too... it works great.

Quality craftsmanship and the seller's communication was great. Even when I had a shipping issue.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
We now have orders open again for the solid model. 3-4 week backorder.
You should offer black hardware instead of the chrome/zinc plated stuff.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
You should offer black hardware instead of the chrome/zinc plated stuff.
I agree, black would be a little more sleek. I have not found a good, cost effective black stainless set of hardware that I would swap out the stainless hardware for. Even though these are inside the truck I still don't trust the black oxide hardware. My suggestion to a few that have mentioned black so far would be to hit the stainless screws with a black paint marker once installed.
Sponsored