First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Has anyone received a JT recently that had to go through a railyard?

My gladiator was delivered to the rail yard in Atlanta on the 15th, but still isn't to the dealership. If you recently got a jeep through a railyard, how long did it take to the get to the factory?

I know truck drivers are in short supply and that's the cause of the issue, and I wasn't even expecting my Jeep until Thanksgiving, but just knowing that it's 45 minutes away is killing me :LOL: :LOL::LOL:
Sponsored

imaz1218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I got lucky, mine arrived at the rail yard Monday, delivered to dealership Tuesday. Picking it up in an hour. The rail-yard is 10 miles from the dealership.

OP
OP

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
I got lucky, mine arrived at the rail yard Monday, delivered to dealership Tuesday. Picking it up in an hour. The rail-yard is 10 miles from the dealership.
Thanks, Thats a nice turn around. My dealer thought it would be in by the end of last week, still not arrived. My CU is waiting on the BoS to finish their work.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh sweet mother of god. Your truck is going to suffer from "rail dust". Google it. Its the scourge of import owners everywhere. Nothing short of a full on paint correction will save your truck after its subjected to "rail dust".

Sorry, this was all in fun. Google rail dust and you will see what I mean.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Mine arrived at the rail yard in ATL on September 24, it arrived at Mall of GA on October 1. So 7 days.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Alright yall, coming up on 3 weeks at the railyard and still no new updates. Is there any reason to have concern around this. Anything I can do to potentially speed this up?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Anything I can do to potentially speed this up?
Not really. If you are delayed waiting on transportation, then there is probably a few hundred more new vehicles sitting there waiting on the same.

Doubt they would even release it to your dealership if they showed up at the yard. Rail Yard is probaby Union and the transport is also, so they are not going to break than chain.

OP
OP

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Coming up on a month at the railyard, still waiting. Have a case with Jeep Information/US Customer Care and they just keep pushing the day back. Dealership is quick to respond but swears there is nothing more they can do.

Something smells fishy to me, considering the Jeep was built in 2 months..... Thinking someone messed up and finding a way to cover it up.

Already going to have to rerun my credit and take a hit on my credit score because of the delay, all for doing what my salesman said.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Request a updated order status code. If they damaged it in shipping, they will coded ot as such.

OP
OP

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Request a updated order status code. If they damaged it in shipping, they will coded ot as such.
Last update in the email was:

" I show your order is continuing to progress en-route to your ordering dealership and has our attention and priority. Your order has an estimated dealership delivery window reflected as 11/12/2021 - 11/18/2021. Please keep in mind, this timing is estimated - not a promise or guarantee. It remains subject to change."

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Last update in the email was:

" I show your order is continuing to progress en-route to your ordering dealership and has our attention and priority. Your order has an estimated dealership delivery window reflected as 11/12/2021 - 11/18/2021. Please keep in mind, this timing is estimated - not a promise or guarantee. It remains subject to change."
There should be a "traffic code" since it is in transport. It will have KZ prefix with a status code.

Example: Traffic code of "KZ OD = mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold". Full list of codes is at the link below.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.32515/

Your dealer should be able to get this status code or maybe even FCA customer service online chat may be able to give you that code.

Good or bad, they status these vehicles internally from build to dealership delivery and do not hide anything and will internally update the true status of where your vehicle is at in the process and what state it is in.

OP
OP

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
There should be a "traffic code" since it is in transport. It will have KZ prefix with a status code.

Example: Traffic code of "KZ OD = mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold". Full list of codes is at the link below.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.32515/

Your dealer should be able to get this status code or maybe even FCA customer service online chat may be able to give you that code.

Good or bad, they status these vehicles internally from build to dealership delivery and do not hide anything and will internally update the true status of where your vehicle is at in the process and what state it is in.
Thanks, I'm on with Jeep Chat now and they are stating they no longer use traffic codes and wouldn't be able to tell me what the current shipping status is.

Guess I'm still waiting and pushing.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks, I'm on with Jeep Chat now and they are stating they no longer use traffic codes and wouldn't be able to tell me what the current shipping status is.

Guess I'm still waiting and pushing.
You may have to ping your dealer. I seem to recall that once it leaves the plant, whatever system that Jeep Chat people use, loses visibility to where and what condition the vehicle is in while in transit for delivery.

Ghost Stingray

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Nexus Ghost, 21 Gladiator Sport S, 82 Jeep CJ7,
Occupation
Tired
Has anyone received a JT recently that had to go through a railyard?

My gladiator was delivered to the rail yard in Atlanta on the 15th, but still isn't to the dealership. If you recently got a jeep through a railyard, how long did it take to the get to the factory?

I know truck drivers are in short supply and that's the cause of the issue, and I wasn't even expecting my Jeep until Thanksgiving, but just knowing that it's 45 minutes away is killing me :LOL: :LOL::LOL:
My hit the dealer 2 days after hitting the rail yard in Kansas City n
Sponsored