First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Solar Developer
I'm not in love with the Renegade grille. Hopefully someone will offer something after market that looks better.
Speaking of after market, that new radio head isn't a fully usuable 12". It's better than what is installed in my Gladiator, but it smacks of false advertising.
Sponsored

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I'm not in love with the Renegade grille. Hopefully someone will offer something after market that looks better.
Speaking of after market, that new radio head isn't a fully usuable 12". It's better than what is installed in my Gladiator, but it smacks of false advertising.
I'm sure our '18-'23 grille will fit if you wanted the older style.

the hiking viking

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gladiator Overland & '11 Wrangler JKU
The Grill...

First time ever that a model will have two distinct factory grills during it's years offered. If I'm not mistaken.

CJ-5s had minor variations over the years, same overall Iconic design.
CJ-7s & 8s identical. (1972 and later CJ-5 hoods also fit CJ-7s)
YJs identical.
TJs identical.
JKs identical.

but the JLs will have two distinct factory grills. No mention of new hood or front fenders so should be interchangeable across all JLs eh?

Interesting.

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
The Grill...

First time ever that a model will have two distinct factory grills during it's years offered. If I'm not mistaken.

CJ-5s had minor variations over the years, same overall Iconic design.
CJ-7s & 8s identical. (1972 and later CJ-5 hoods also fit CJ-7s)
YJs identical.
TJs identical.
JKs identical.

but the JLs will have two distinct factory grills. No mention of new hood or front fenders so should be interchangeable across all JLs eh?

Interesting.
Which JL has the different grill? Every article I’ve seen shows this new design on all trims/models.

Fox940

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator, 2010 Power Wagon, 1958 Willys p/u
well tell that to AmericasMost Wanted. They have a 6 month waiting list for hemi powered Gladiators right now with owners throwing down $35k on top of the cost of a new Gladiator for a 392 gladiator conversion. I was quoted 6-9 month wait for hellcat conversion.
clearly there is a demand. Maybe you don’t want a hemi but there are those of us who enjoy the sound and feel of a hemi.
More importantly a hemi isn’t stressed towing a 3500lb trailer. several JL owners on their forum are complaining their 4XE towing less than 3500lbs is stressing the engine and sounds like a sewing machine running at high rpm trying to maintain highway speeds when towing. More over they are getting less than 10 mpg. I pull a 6k trailer with my power wagon that has a 6.4 hemi. I never dip below 12mpg even in the mountains with a 7000+lb truck. My 800hp trackhawk still has factory cylinder deactivation and gets 18mpg on road trips. And most importantly to me: the kiddos love full throttle burnouts 🙌
I don’t know any adults saying things like “i remember the time dad got great mpg when I was a kid” 🤣
to each their own
Agree, I'd still have my Gladiator if it wasn't an underpowered dog when towing. Max tow package with 4:10 gears and maxed out doing 50 MPH in the mountains with shitty gas mileage was a real drag. With the wind we get here it was underpowered without towing anything. Until Jeep does something with the underpowered or unreliable (Diesel) engines I'm out. These things aren't fit to tow half of what they are rated for. All they need is a better engine, the rest of the drivetrain is solid.

Sponsored

the hiking viking

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gladiator Overland & '11 Wrangler JKU
Which JL has the different grill? Every article I’ve seen shows this new design on all trims/models.
Sorry ? not sure what you are asking.

From 2017 to 2023 JL Wranglers have this grill from the factory.
Jeep Gladiator Revealed: 2024 Wrangler Facelift Refresh With Major Updates & Upgrades Mopar-Jeep-Wrangler-Replacement-Grille-Assembly-68316767AC-18-23-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Free-Shippi

The 2024 JL Wrangler will have the a new updated grill that looks like this...
Jeep Gladiator Revealed: 2024 Wrangler Facelift Refresh With Major Updates & Upgrades 2024-Jeep-Wrangler-Risks-It-All-with-Changed-Grille-It-Works

Does that answer your question?

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
Sorry ? not sure what you are asking.

From 2017 to 2023 JL Wranglers have this grill from the factory.

The 2024 JL Wrangler will have the a new updated grill that looks like this...

Does that answer your question?
Oh, I’m a dummy. Totally mis-read what you wrote.
Ignore me! 😂

macgyvr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT 04 LJ 18 F150 16 RV 3 trailers
Occupation
Public service
Happy to see the 392 still in the JL...

If Jeep offers the 392 in the JT then bad financial decisions will be made by me and likely test my marriage...

mac 'regardless of anything else...' gyvr

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Only Mod I would Like to see in My Gladiator is to make the rear window AUTOMATICALLY close or open with a push of a button!!!

Real Jeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Radio Tech
Anyone know where to get mud flaps that fit the stock Rubicon flares apparently Mopar and Quadratec does not?

Sponsored

Aj58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mojave X
Late response here but It looks like the dashboard stitching color will match the trim (red for rubicon) which I like better than the whole red dash for rubis.

also saw this video

And noticed there was an Easter egg that had a wrangler and gladiator. Hoping that means these changes will apply to bother wranglers and gladiators.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Late response here but It looks like the dashboard stitching color will match the trim (red for rubicon) which I like better than the whole red dash for rubis.

also saw this video

And noticed there was an Easter egg that had a wrangler and gladiator. Hoping that means these changes will apply to bother wranglers and gladiators.
My wife and kids are actually in that video lol

GWGorham71

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The 2024 Wrangler Willys is getting a rear locker. Wonder if the Gladiator Willys will.
Sponsored