Sponsored

Ride grapplers, Duratracs, or K02

Steelers11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Which one? Got an overland and gonna run em on stock wheels. Gonna go an inch wider I think. Run a 275/65/18. Don't want a terrible about of road noise due to being on road 95% of the time. How are these holding up for everyone who has them? Thanks
Sponsored

Sekgunnut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Foreman at Union Pacific
Which one? Got an overland and gonna run em on stock wheels. Gonna go an inch wider I think. Run a 275/65/18. Don't want a terrible about of road noise due to being on road 95% of the time. How are these holding up for everyone who has them? Thanks
You can often find take off wheel and tire combos on marketplaces. Currently 2 sets in the Kansas City area with zero miles for $1300 ish. This includes wheels, tires and lug nuts. Just another option I am tossing out there. Summer and winter setup on the cheap.🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

Sleighman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I used mine 95% on the road. My Willy's had Ko2's stock. I sold the rims and tires for $1300 to a friend with a stock JL. I went with the Ridge Grappler. Great looking tire and almost no tire noise compared to the K02's. I also went with the Quadratech Morphic wheels 17x8.5 +10 offset. I have never used Duratracs but a friend has them and thinks the are pretty even comparison to the Ridge Grappler.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I had Duratracs on my F150. They were pretty quite, handled nicely on dry pavement and wore pretty evenly. My only complaint was their handling in wet weather. They frequently lost traction at medium speed on wet asphalt... The F150’s traction control helped a lot, but it could only help so much.

kbros

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kwbcancerblog.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys diesel; 05 HD Fatboy
Occupation
ski bum
I just swapped to Duratrac 35's. I was surprised that the tire noise was no different from my OEM T/A's.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I’ve had a few sets of k02 on many of my vehicles currently have them on my gladiator, I had a set of duratracs on my Silverado and don’t like them very much...

OP
OP
Steelers11

Steelers11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Thanks for all the responses. Tough choice here. Don't wanna add a bunch of tire weight either. I like the "stock feeling" ride. The bridge stones ride smooth. Just hate the mini van look lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steelers11

Steelers11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Why I'm choosing to stay very close to stock size tires. Don't want offset wheels. I'm at the point I love the look but tired of throwing stuff up the sides continuously.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I've debated the close to same thing. But between Toyo R/Ts and Ridge Grapplers

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
I've had the Duratracs and the KO2s on various vehicles. The KO2s have always been great. The Duratracs were okay, but not very durable. I got several flats, some repairable and some not. I would definitely get the KO2s over the Duratracs. No experience with Grapplers of any kind.

OP
OP
Steelers11

Steelers11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
I haven't really checked toyo. I normally run coopers. Had the stt pros on my 2 door JL. They were good. Be nice if jeep would just put a good AT tire on everything and be done LOL. When I was younger the choice was easy. The most aggressive mud terrain I could find. Past that stage now and like the smooth quiet ride. Hell I may stay with the duelers for a while also

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
BF and Duratrac couldn't carry Toyo III's briefcase. I am running them on new 392. One of my favorite tires ever. Duratrac next and then BF and Nittos I have had bad experiecnes with so they will never get my love.
Sponsored