Sponsored

Ride quality with Teraflex leveling kit?

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys. I have a Sport S. I just got new tires for christmas (285/70r17s) so I am thinking about buying the teraflex leveling kit and finding a shop that will mount/balance the tires and install the kit all at once for me.
My wife is more sensitive to ride quality than I am. I want to respect that with what I put on the truck, so my question is this: Does the 1” level kit from teraflex noticeably diminish ride quality? Thanks for your help!!
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Shouldn’t change the ride really at all, it may lower your caster a little bit which could make it feel like it does not track as well on the highway, also as you raise the front and change the angle of the control arms bumps like speed bumps may feel harsher but for the small amount you are lifting it should not really be noticeable.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I highly recommend it..

I just had the 1.5” Teraflex kit put on by a reputable shop in my area. I’m also running 285/70/17s. The bumpiness at lower speeds seem a tad more noticeable but not uncomfortable.

As for highway driving, I just drove from Houston to North Carolina and it was a great ride. I don’t know if something was loose before adding the kit or what but my JT drives better than ever after adding the level kit. Tracks straight and steering didn’t change at all.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
No issues on mine running 255/75/17. Going to 2.5” soon as my bumper/winch dropped my front end .5”. I had about 2.5” on my last and at that point I added control arm drop brackets, felt and drove like stock again.

78BFC9E7-E830-4C85-ACE2-805563C27474.jpeg

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I only added the 1" to mine and it rides the same as before.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Had briefly on my Rubicon and was not a fan of it. Had a couple of spots on my morning commute that had some expansion cracks on the road that gave an unavoidable bump at speed and with that level kit, I grimaced every time going over it vs. the factory suspension. Just was too jarring.
Sponsored