First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Awesome thanks for the info. I was looking for a kit with brackets to get byfor a bit. The truck is already pretty floaty on the sport shocks is it that much worse? I'll probably use them for a few months.
In my case the looseness feeling was significantly worse than stock with the lift on stock shocks. I believe the stock shocks just couldn't handle the lift/weight/tires when they were extended out further than they are designed for.
Sponsored

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
In my case the looseness feeling was significantly worse than stock with the lift on stock shocks. I believe the stock shocks just couldn't handle the lift/weight/tires when they were extended out further than they are designed for.
Ok good to know. Thanks man! Nice rig.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
were you able to get the RR AmFib to fit with the Redline Hood Struts? i was thinking of doing the same thing but I've read that these two parts were not compatible as the struts will interfere with the snorkel sleeve under the hood.

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
were you able to get the RR AmFib to fit with the Redline Hood Struts? i was thinking of doing the same thing but I've read that these two parts were not compatible as the struts will interfere with the snorkel sleeve under the hood.
They have plenty of room, I didn't measure but more than an inch of clearance from what it looks like. Obviously I can't photograph it with the hood closed but I don't see any reason for it to hit.

Sorry for the slow response!

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Well the new Jeeping season is upon us! I really like my handheld GMRS from Midland that I used all last year but wanted to increase my range. I decided to go with the Midland MXT275 bundle with the stealth antenna.

https://midlandusa.com/products/mxt275vp4-micromobile-two-way-radio-bundle-1

0323221008a_HDR.jpg

0323221008_HDR.jpg

0323221007_HDR.jpg

0323221007a_HDR.jpg

The last time I had a mounted radio was a small CB that was mounted in the center console and when I was wheeling I would run the mic out the side of the lid and let it sit in my cupholder. It was nice that everything was hidden and I wanted to try that again. This time I put the radio in the driver footwell which is only about 2 feet from the hole into the engine bay which made installation a breeze.

Also pictured I'm testing placement of my new storage boxes. I picked up a pair from Front Runner Outfitters, they are pretty sturdy and not too expensive. I'll update this thread on how they hold up this year.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/front-runner-wolf-pack.html

Sponsored

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
This year I'm working with MEK Magnet and they created a sweet limited edition JT kit that combines their official Kryptek collaboration with my original graphics from last year.

Basically, MEK Magnet is a really thick, really sticky decal that is strong enough to protect your Jeep sides from pinstriping. There's other benefits I'm sure, but the NJ Pine Barrens are no joke! Haha

So far this stuff is awesome besides just looking cool and I'll be sure to update on how it holds up. Here are a few photos from install and a quick write-up:

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0421221244_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0421221309_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0421221619_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0421221355_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0422221218_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0422221220_HDR

First thing, these are packaged great. They come on a big plastic sheet rolled around a cardboard tube like a poster, then as you see in the 1st photo each piece has a paper protective sheet over it. Upon initial inspection I was pretty overwhelmed at how many pieces there were but as I got going I got more comfortable handling the weird shapes that make up the Jeep doors etc. Also, they filled every inch with usable material. They must have packed in nearly 30 extra stickers of American Flags and logos to be used on anything you want.

These are washable and reusable/replaceable, but holy hell they are sticky. They mention a few different methods of how to install the pieces because if it touches the Jeep panel when you don't mean to you practically have to stop what you're doing to peel it back off with two hands. Otherwise if you place the panel and don't like the location or its tilted you can pretty easily peel it off to try again. If you've done graphics before you know about laying it out to avoid bubbles, these are very similar although you can't really push the bubbles out that get stuck, it's much easier to just peel it back and try again. And no water tricks! Water (temporarily) eliminates the stickyness so until it's dry you won't be able to place it properly. Also, do not use a heat gun as it gets way too soft and can be easily damaged during manipulation.

Overall I'm super happy with how they look and I'm confident sticks will be no match. I can't wait to show you guys in person this year.

https://www.mekmagnet.com/

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Went out the other day to enjoy the sun. I've had this MEK Magnet kit installed for a few weeks, I let it sit in a wild 4 days of rain we had then pulled it off cleaned it up and let it sit in my garage for a few days. It reinstalled great and I'm actually getting the hang of it now haha. I did have to use one of the spare pieces that it comes with for the rocker area. I'm sure the original piece was still going to work but I didn't like the look of the back, you could tell I got it gunked up pretty bad and even though I wiped it off I felt more comfortable using a fresh new one.

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0523221054a_HDR

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I suppose I need to be better at taking more pictures. :headbang: This Summer I linked up with Tread Lightly! and have been participating in a couple of their 50 for 50 events. (Tread Lightly! Announces Quadratec 50 Cleanups in 50 States Stewardship Grant Fund - Tread Lightly) There's another one at AOAA this Sunday and I'll be there if anyone is in town!

Official wrap-up from my last event, you can see me and the JT in a few shots!
Tread Lightly! Impact Report: Bald Eagle State Forest Vista Cleanup - Tread Lightly

I also went to the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival for the first time, it was an unforgettable experience. The event hosts vendors, trails, competition, and a full weekend's worth of learning opportunities with guided classes led by industry professionals. I am excited to get out there again next year. ( Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival | Automotive, Aircraft & Boat | Facebook )

Lastly, I finally got my Softopper installed yesterday. Thanks to a few of you for helping me pick which option to go with. ( Softopper® Soft Top – SO-JGLDO – Softopper – Truck Tops, SUV Tops, Accessories )

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0913221200

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Today I refreshed the look of my front roof panels. Between a little fading, some tree sap, and scratches from the roof rack as I slide the panels on and off - it wasn't looking too hot.

I am in love with Rust-Oleum brand Truck Bed Coating in the spray can. I use it to touch up my bumpers and rails and previously painted my old JK's top with it like I did here. So of course it was my first choice. I didn't do a whole lot of prep, and I didn't really apply it evenly, but it works well and I can always put another coat on in the future. :rock:

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0916221849

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Here are the wheels! Went with the gunmetal Rugged Ridge XHD 17x9"s and added rim protectors. For the meat I chose Delium Terra Raider M/Ts, they are true 35"s and don't break the bank. I'll keep you updated on how quickly they wear out.

Tire Factory Delium TR M/T
2020 Jeep Gladiator Grey XHD Wheels | Rugged Ridge
Rugged Ridge Jeep Wrangler 17x9 XHD Wheel Rim Protector; Satin Black 15250.02 (07-21 Jeep Wrangler JK & JL) (extremeterrain.com)

Contrary to popular belief, yes I bought more than 3 wheels.
So what's the verdict on the rubber?

Sponsored

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
So what's the verdict on the rubber?
I can take some actual measurements if you need them tomorrow but as you can see from the picture I posted from last month they are still the same set of tires holding up nicely. These are certainly the best tires I've ever had, noting that I prefer off-road performance over highway. Now it can't go without saying, but I bought these by typing "cheapest 35 inch tire" into Google. :CWL: So I'm positive better options are out there if you can spend a few bucks.

It's only been a year, so not a ton of miles here yet. They are wearing down evenly, nothing crazy, but they are slightly louder than when new. There are some cuts and chunks that have been eaten off by some trails that don't look too good but it probably has minimal effect on traction honestly. One important thing to note is that they are thick, you will need to air down further to achieve the same result as a thinner ply tire.

Out in Moab they stuck to everything, I climbed right up steep rock faces that the fella in front of me on 40s was bouncing around on. I do sink pretty good in loose sand, possibly not aired down enough, again if you can put these on beadlocks and get super low you should be fine.

Bottom line: I am currently shopping for 37s and Delium Terra Raiders are definitely still in the runnings as a good option.

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
I can take some actual measurements if you need them tomorrow but as you can see from the picture I posted from last month they are still the same set of tires holding up nicely. These are certainly the best tires I've ever had, noting that I prefer off-road performance over highway. Now it can't go without saying, but I bought these by typing "cheapest 35 inch tire" into Google. :CWL: So I'm positive better options are out there if you can spend a few bucks.

It's only been a year, so not a ton of miles here yet. They are wearing down evenly, nothing crazy, but they are slightly louder than when new. There are some cuts and chunks that have been eaten off by some trails that don't look too good but it probably has minimal effect on traction honestly. One important thing to note is that they are thick, you will need to air down further to achieve the same result as a thinner ply tire.

Out in Moab they stuck to everything, I climbed right up steep rock faces that the fella in front of me on 40s was bouncing around on. I do sink pretty good in loose sand, possibly not aired down enough, again if you can put these on beadlocks and get super low you should be fine.

Bottom line: I am currently shopping for 37s and Delium Terra Raiders are definitely still in the runnings as a good option.
Thx.... I found a good price but no really decent reviews

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I managed to score a used CargoGlide CG1000 off a guy on Facebook. This one isn't made for a Gladiator but for practically $1,000 dollars off I am making it work! Mounted it up as close to the tailgate as possible and has about a foot of room behind it so I think I'll get a molle panel and keep some lesser used items back there instead.

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 1110221346a_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 1110221346_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 1110221346b_HDR

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Installed a weboost Drive Reach OTR cell booster. Looks sweet, install was mostly straightforward. I didn't have the most ideal rack for mounting so I utilized some of the free real estate and drilled my own holes. Replaced one of the bolts with a clip that also acts as a tie down when not in use. For the same reason I had to diy the mount I couldn't easily make a swivel without buying extra parts, the way it is I just remove one nut and it's good. Hopefully I can test it sooner than later!

1115221253_HDR.jpg

1115221252a_HDR.jpg

1115221252_HDR.jpg

1115221254_HDR.jpg

1115221253a_HDR.jpg
Sponsored