Sponsored

RIght Rear outer bed wall buckled - Can I get to it inside from top rail cover?

jetrocker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, C7 Corvette, MGB, AH Sprite
Occupation
Owner - Auto Service Center
Lent Gladiator to family member, they backed up and got trailer at 90 degrees to truck. Pushed rear bumper into lower body, causing small ding-like dent in lower body, and bumper issues. Most importantly, it also resulted in a buckled area right above RR wheel fender, on outside vertical bed wall. Looking at various fixes, but one idea would be to get in the bed inner and outer walls and try to push it out. Question is.... if the top bed rail cover is removed, can you get to this from inside? See pics for situation. Thanks for any info, insight or other ideas.

Photo 01.jpg

Photo 15.jpg
Sponsored

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yes and no. You can get to that section from the wheel well but have to remove the inner fender liner. I had a fold there from a ratchet strap and got a quote of $800 from a PDR shop. I ended up not worrying about it.

Viper501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sting Gray Mojave; 2020 Mercedes GLE
Occupation
Ninja
@jetrocker PDR guys who are good can pull off miracles. Had a fender absolutely crushed in a parking lot. A buddy of mine asked the PDR guy at his dealership to look at it. Came back a couple hours later and you couldn’t tell it had been touched. Amazing artistry.
Sponsored