Rock Rails Thread

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
If it were mine, I'd use an adjustable wrench opened just enough to fit over the pinch weld, and bend it back most of the way. Then, install the Rock Hard rails which will pull it into place when tightening the nuts, cover the area, and protect it in the future.
Sponsored

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
Maybe stock Rubi rails?
Yeah, stock Rubicon rails would cover that nicely but they do use the seam to attach to. So as mentioned you'll need to use some elbow grease on the seam before you mount them.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Yeah, stock Rubicon rails would cover that nicely but they do use the seam to attach to. So as mentioned you'll need to use some elbow grease on the seam before you mount them.
The only thing I noticed is the stock Rubi rails sit lower compared to the JL/JK rails. So it wouldn’t completely cover it. Right now Im leaning towards the Evo Bombers/rockers or the metal cloak overline which sits higher. Only bummer with the overline is that it’s body mounted vs frame on the Evo. And the Evo just seems like a pain to install since it’s all one piece. Also, Metal Cloak I’m sure will be coming out with a rocker panel too if I need it down the line. Metal Cloaks other armor is nice two so it will all match. Decisions decisions.....

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Well, I was surprised to find a brand new set of Rubi rails for 100 bucks via craigslist. Picked those babies up and It covered the dent fairy well. You can still see a portion of it but barely. Also installed the Rubicon Fox/Springs set up with terraflex spacers in the front. Craigslist has been treating me well. Got sliders, Fox shocks, springs, and spacers for 300 total. Now time for 35s and wheels and maybe Ace sliders.

044F92B2-98F9-426F-A7FB-9BC07E813667.jpeg

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I was surprised to find a brand new set of Rubi rails for 100 bucks via craigslist. Picked those babies up and It covered the dent fairy well. You can still see a portion of it but barely. Also installed the Rubicon Fox/Springs set up with terraflex spacers in the front. Craigslist has been treating me well. Got sliders, Fox shocks, springs, and spacers for 300 total. Now time for 35s and wheels and maybe Ace sliders.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 044F92B2-98F9-426F-A7FB-9BC07E813667
Thats a damn good buy. Lots of people have spent more then that for just the fox suspension or the sliders.. You did quite good for all for 300

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Thats a damn good buy. Lots of people have spent more then that for just the fox suspension or the sliders.. You did quite good for all for 300
yup, super lucky. I don’t live in a huge state population wise so Craig’s deals are hard to come by especially for Gladiator.

Demo_slug

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase

044F92B2-98F9-426F-A7FB-9BC07E813667.jpeg
That escalated quickly :)

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Highly recommend @ACE Engineering sliders. Great protection and decent step.

Sponsored

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Highly recommend @ACE Engineering sliders. Great protection and decent step.
Yup, I agree. I had there full kit on my JK several years ago. I love there front bumper also. I like to keep everything the same vendor wise on bumpers etc so trying to decide to go back to Ace or maybe do Metal Cloak. I’m surprised Ace doesn’t have a rear bumper or fender flares yet.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
48 pages. Ahhh sorry if it's been cover. I saw a flat rocks rail on a Gladiator. What is it and where to get one. Sorry no pic. Someone said sand rail possibly???

Love to pick a set up. Any help identify these?

Thanks !!!!!!!

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
My Ace rails angle up. They work pretty well as a step. I like that they are USA made, frame mounted and work with my factory Rubi rails.

The Ace work well as steps. Even with the factory finish, they are not slippery. I may add some traction tape anyway, but not sure. Of course, in AZ we rarely get rain and mud.

As noted above, they have a slight upward cant. This is different from their JK rails which go straight out.
What is the purpose of keeping the Rubicon rails once the ACE sliders are added? Getting ready to order, and just curious.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link