Rock Rails Thread

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
Wow, I wasn’t aware these existed. I was in the process of finding some takeoff Rubi sliders to put on and then get the ACE. These are even better since they cover that pinch seam without the Rubi rails. I see that they have ones angled both up and down, how much space as a step do you have on these?
Wondering the same - for me, I'm looking at the EVO bomber rockers, these patriot sliders from Rockhard, or Rusty's. Out of these I believe only the Rusty's sliders are true frame mounted though.
Sponsored

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
Wondering the same - for me, I'm looking at the EVO bomber rockers, these patriot sliders from Rockhard, or Rusty's. Out of these I believe only the Rusty's sliders are true frame mounted though.
I just looked at the Rusty’s model. That actually looks easier to mount than using the body mounts. I like the look of the ACE and Rockhard for my purposes though

jimmydarnell

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Went with the DV8. I tired another brand that didnt seem to fit the contour of the Jeep. These do account for that. I like the look a lot because they dont actually drop down as far so it keeps the look closer to that of no rails. Will say though they are not too much help getting in other than extending the area to step.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread rails1
Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread rails2
Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread rails3

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
Haha kids love climbing on the gladiator’s roof. My 7 year old daughter thinks it’s the coolest thing in the world!

Sponsored

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
Went with the DV8. I tired another brand that didnt seem to fit the contour of the Jeep. These do account for that. I like the look a lot because they dont actually drop down as far so it keeps the look closer to that of no rails. Will say though they are not too much help getting in other than extending the area to step.

I like the clean look of those, looks super sharp. The Gladiator seems to be happy w/ all the kids crawling on it HaHa

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
The granite crystal w/ those Abrams wheels and the patriot sliders look awesome man - tasty choice!
Thanks!
Wow, I wasn’t aware these existed. I was in the process of finding some takeoff Rubi sliders to put on and then get the ACE. These are even better since they cover that pinch seam without the Rubi rails. I see that they have ones angled both up and down, how much space as a step do you have on these?
About 4.5” to the outside of the tubular rail. My wife loves them to get in and out.

Reactions: DHP

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
Thanks!

About 4.5” to the outside of the tubular rail. My wife loves them to get in and out.
Now i need to measure the stock overland ones I have. That seems more than mine have now so these would be perfect. Thanks for the reply!

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
I’ll add mine. Rock hard 4x4 rails. Angled up. There is Enough of a step to make my lady happy
They look great! In pic one it looks like the square tubing has a slight bend in it. Is that there or just my eyes deceiving me?

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
They look great! In pic one it looks like the square tubing has a slight bend in it. Is that there or just my eyes deceiving me?
Your eyesight is just fine. The square tubing bends to follow the body and cover the pinch seam. The round tubing you step on is straight.

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Your eyesight is just fine. The square tubing bends to follow the body and cover the pinch seam. The round tubing you step on is straight.
just ordered the angled downs. Not a big crawler and got it more for the step than for protection but wanted both. Now that you have had em for awhile, any additional thoughts on how you or your lady like yours as a step?

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
just ordered the angled downs. Not a big crawler and got it more for the step than for protection but wanted both. Now that you have had em for awhile, any additional thoughts on how you or your lady like yours as a step?
Love 'em! I only have a 1" coil spring spacer lift on with 35" tires, so I don't actually need to use them as a step (I'm 6'-1" tall). My wife really likes them as she's 5'-4", and actually used the passenger side rail without realizing I had installed them the first time, then remarked that it was just what she needed. They do come in very handy for washing/removing the roof, and I'm very happy with the fit/look. Blend in well and don't look like an obvious add-on.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I finally got my Jeep back with the Ace Rails installed. Very happy with them, as I was on the JK. These have a little bit of up angle, the JK didn't.
Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread IMG_6782

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread IMG_6783

Reactions: DHP

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
That's awesome! I honestly never noticed the bend in the tub until I stuck rock rails on my truck.