Sponsored

Rockslide Engineering Power Steps

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
So am I LOL
Thanks.

It's weird, but there have been many dozens of times, maybe into the hundreds, over the years, where I have looked at something and been reminded that "you built that" or "you fixed that" or "you painted that" and I think - naw, not me. Someone else did that, no way I could have done that, I can't even remember how to do it, how could I have done it?"
I'm hoping that in the near future, I have another one of those experiences.
Curious what were you using to tighten? 2ft Breaker bar ?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Give your favorite service advisor a call and see what they can do for you. I would expect they have some experience with this repair.
Yup - already sent Dan a message warning him I'd be calling and asking his thoughts in the meantime.
He was off today but said he was running this by a couple of the guys in the shop and if I haven't heard back from him by 9am, give him a call. He closed by "we'll be talking tomorrow".

Middle on each side were SIMPLE. Minutes each.
Right rear wasn't bad, right front wasn't bad, a bit worse than the right rear.
Left rear fought for a little bit then came loose pretty easily.
Left front just plain didn't want to move. Took forever and a lot of propane to get it down far enough to put the bracket in place. Got the bracket in, then first push on the bolt to tighten broke it.

Curious what were you using to tighten? 2ft Breaker bar ?
LOL - no.
Gotta laugh, I did them ALL, both Jeeps, with my 1972 Indestro 15" (yes, that's FIFTEEN inches) 1/2" drive breaker bar. That's how I've done them all - and other than my 3/4" drive set, it's the only breaker bar I own.
I wish I had a 2' breaker bar at times.
But for all of the body bolts on both, my JT and my wife's JLU, this is the biggest wrench I used -

Jeep Gladiator Rockslide Engineering Power Steps PXL_20230324_010126315.MP

Jeep Gladiator Rockslide Engineering Power Steps PXL_20230324_010135529

Jeep Gladiator Rockslide Engineering Power Steps PXL_20230323_204236187.MP

Jeep Gladiator Rockslide Engineering Power Steps PXL_20230323_204226188

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Yup - already sent Dan a message warning him I'd be calling and asking his thoughts in the meantime.
He was off today but said he was running this by a couple of the guys in the shop and if I haven't heard back from him by 9am, give him a call. He closed by "we'll be talking tomorrow".

Middle on each side were SIMPLE. Minutes each.
Right rear wasn't bad, right front wasn't bad, a bit worse than the right rear.
Left rear fought for a little bit then came loose pretty easily.
Left front just plain didn't want to move. Took forever and a lot of propane to get it down far enough to put the bracket in place. Got the bracket in, then first push on the bolt to tighten broke it.

LOL - no.
Gotta laugh, I did them ALL, both Jeeps, with my 1972 Indestro 15" (yes, that's FIFTEEN inches) 1/2" drive breaker bar. That's how I've done them all - and other than my 3/4" drive set, it's the only breaker bar I own.
I wish I had a 2' breaker bar at times.
But for all of the body bolts on both, my JT and my wife's JLU, this is the biggest wrench I used -

Wow that looks like a lot of loctite. No reason for that much and certainly not much leverage to break it.
Sponsored