Sponsored

AMP XL vs Rockslide Engineering

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd.
I did the AMP steps on my JL and I love them, but kind of wish I had gone the RSE route. Since putting on my steps I have done Jeep Jamboree twice and Jeep Camp in Deadwood, SD. I did not do any serious rock crawling but still did quite a bit of rocky trails and banged them some, giving them some dents, but they have held up and are working fine. I have kind of stressed out about damaging them when on the rock trails, but have decided if they get any serious damage and stop working, I will go with the RSE. That change in my attitude will reduce the stress.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Resurrecting this thread. I went with the Rock Slide steps after seeing them in operation on 2 JT's. One is a work truck and the other one is a hard core crawler. I also have a friend with the AMP steps on a Ram 2500. Hands down, the RSE steps win for looks (Gen 3), ease of installation (other than the damn body bolts), wiring integration and overall engineering. The other thing is that the RSE steps were in stock and the AMP steps have been on permanent back order (over a year that I know of). Lining up the magnets are a PITA but not needing to hack the factory wiring is a huge plus.

Light kit is over priced but I bought it anyways. I got mine from Quadratec with a 10% discount. They are not cheap but they are well worth the price.
RSE Driver side.jpg
RSE Passenger side.jpg
I got magnet alignment pretty quickly - tape measure and blue tape. Once I had one side figured out I transferred the measurements to the other side and hit it first try.
Body bolts - and my 9 year old grandson might way "we don't talk about that". Easy on the JLU, easy on 5 of the 6 on my JT. The final one, well...........
Buy an induction heater.

Jeep Gladiator AMP XL vs Rockslide Engineering PXL_20230505_205653424

Jeep Gladiator AMP XL vs Rockslide Engineering 20230304_185305

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
They now will all come out if needed. I used a mapp gas torch on them. 5 of 6 came out, the 6th spun the cone shaped nut out of the flimsy sheet metal holder. Passengers side rear.

I'm the impatient type when the truck is half apart. I ended up cutting a 4x4 square hole in the pan after I found the nut and mig welded that sucker back in place. Welded the plate back in position, painted it and then used Gorilla tape to dress it up. once the seat was back in, you can't see it.

The factory only uses 1 tack weld on that plate. If they had used 3 tacks, it wouldn't have torn out.
Sponsored