First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
For this same reason I opted to buy the replacement insurance which lasts 2 years up north here , hopefully you have the same option. I do like the idea of buying it back cheap though and making a bush buggy out of it.
Sponsored

Barnabyā€™sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Yeah I talked to the adjuster on the phone today. Obviously he has to check it out but sounds like he doesnā€™t want to touch it with a 10 foot pole. Especially after hearing about the engine details.

This area is very close to my house and only this 1/8ā€ mile section is this narrow and steep. I have no plans to sue over it but Iā€™m definitely going to bring up concerns to the county. Not the type to try to get money out of people, just want to make the area a little safer for everyone.
We ran into something similar years ago. Speaking from experienceā€¦If you reach out to the countyā€¦Iā€™d be shocked if they donā€™t ā€œget what youā€™re putting out thereā€ and fix it in short order.

Sponsored

AHenry014

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I climbed Haleakala in Maui in a rented/modified JK. It was all nicely paved two lane rd but some of the drop offs were insane. Not much to be done other than ruining the landscape with guard rails. That said, the county should definitely fix that drop off. Also, I am a bit relieved to see it get totalled. You really shouldnt be dealing with any long term affects from the accident. Friend of mine had her car stolen, to be found weeks later in pretty good shape. Her husband figuratively wrote it off before they even found the car. Dont know what was done in it and what long term effects any hooning might have done. I think youre better off. Happy all are OK!

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This hard edge right here will roll any vehicle that veers off the road for any reason. You try to correct, catch the tire and acrobatics ensue. The city I used to live in had a road just like this behind my house and routinely unlucky drivers would fly through fences 30-40 feet off the road.

The city got sued for lack of road edge maintenance by one driver who flipped, broke several bones one of which was a compound femur fracture.

Resurfacing with black top is cheap and the higher you go the more dangerous the edges become.

Sponsored

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF
That looks like the 550 just above Ouray.
I drove the stretch from Silverton to Ouray at night once, definitely felt uncomfortable on parts of it. I wanted to do it during the day so I could enjoy the surrounding area. Iā€™m not sure what would be worse actually because I couldnā€™t see the drops like that one.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
I drove the stretch from Silverton to Ouray at night once, definitely felt uncomfortable on parts of it. I wanted to do it during the day so I could enjoy the surrounding area. Iā€™m not sure what would be worse actually because I couldnā€™t see the drops like that one.
I have driven it multiple times both night and day. Night is worse for me as I now know what waits for you at the edge. LOL

Alfonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator and 2012 Nissan Frontier
When I rolled my JK, my insurance agent said they almost always total a vehicle if it was involved in a rollover crash. In fact, they didn't even send anyone to look at it. They just asked me questions about the damage and processed it as a total.

Mine looked a little worse than hers though šŸ˜‹

Jeep Gladiator Rolled Jeep today, but everyone is safe! Repair or total loss? 0D9F9171-79CC-4F15-8F31-591DF176053E
Did you have a dog in there? I ask because I see a water bowl lower right.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Did the Airbag deploy. I've heard if that happens it's an automatic TOTAL.
Sponsored