• Total voters

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Find out if she's got someone who can lend her a vehicle. Most insurance only covers 30 days.

I sincerely hope they decide to total it for one of the reasons put forth (roll over, on roof, etc).

If they decide to pursue repairs, I wish you all luck and patience in the world. I got a call earlier this week saying my Gladiator "should be ready by Friday" - well it's Thursday. They've only had it since 4/15/22. I'm not holding my breath.

The delay in getting parts is a huge part of the wait, but the delay in diagnosing what parts are needed is what got me. Hopefully they take one look and say "too much damage, total it" but if it's a relatively new vehicle and they're using the 70% threshold (or w/e it is in your state) then be prepared for them to order part after part after part until they get there or it's fixed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mechjk43

Mechjk43

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Occupation
Mechanical Design Engineer
Yeah I talked to the adjuster on the phone today. Obviously he has to check it out but sounds like he doesn’t want to touch it with a 10 foot pole. Especially after hearing about the engine details.

This area is very close to my house and only this 1/8” mile section is this narrow and steep. I have no plans to sue over it but I’m definitely going to bring up concerns to the county. Not the type to try to get money out of people, just want to make the area a little safer for everyone.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Heck, I say roll her back upright, and drive her home. :rock: Can't be all that bad, can it?

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I saw someone roll a JL 2 door twice and land on its wheels

We took the Freedom Tops off and removed the windshield for her and she drove it right out of the trail and all the way home

Not totaled, all the damage was cosmetic

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
I'll play along. I'm guessing the insurance company will total it.

25+ years ago my ex-wife rolled her 3 year old Honda Prelude on its side and the insurance company totaled it out and paid her. They let her keep title to the car because the body shop owner wanted to repair it for himself. So she received a little more cash (not much) to let someone else salvage it. So, even if you don't want to make it a salvage project, maybe someone else will, and you can work out a deal? Like others have said, this looks like it might be a good salvage project for someone with the skills and tools to put some sweat equity into it.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I think the engine is the item that will cause it to be totaled or not.
From what you said, My guess is that the engine is toast and thus it is totaled.

Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
That is not a typical roadway edge. Yes, you are supposed to stay on the roadway, but that sort of edge can cause an abrupt loss of control that otherwise would have been an easy recovery. This has that McDonald's hot coffee theme to it. My county just repaved my road and had to come back twice filling the edge with dirt and seeding it after.

I hope it all works out for you, and no bad injuries.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
So basically just blame somebody else instead of taking the blame yourself?

Is that what this world coming to? We can hold up to our own mistakes?

I hit a deer where there was no deer crossing sign, should I sue my state or my county I live in?

Those deer should know they can only cross where there’s a deer crossing sign.
Very clearly not what I said at all. That drop off the OP sent a picture of is very steep and narrow. Bridges typically have guardrails, even though people SHOULD be able to stay on top of it. Shit happens. If OP was on a public bridge and drove off the side because guardrails weren’t present, I would still call that bridge negligently built or maintained, even if I also thought they should have been able to stay on it. In a world ran by accountants and lawyers, you have to translate risk to $$$s. The best way to do that is a lawsuit.

In my case a stop sign was positioned at the very end of the oncoming merger ramp, effective for the merging ramp. The ramp is on a divided highway, no other signs or markers to indicate the upcoming stop sign. Said sign was also 80%+ covered, and was also on the left side and bent outward, almost part well with the ramp. Not a normal sign. Even more so, after driving that commute for over a year now, is never enforced and I have seen multiple trucks rear ending civilian cars, because no one expects a stop sign to be there and the trucks speed (also not enforced). They have finally began extending the merger lane appropriately and will be eliminating the stop sign completely. Total project is about $250k. And last years fiscal report for the county bragged about the 6th year in a row with over $2MM in the road budget surplus.

I stand by my comment about the government being negligent.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
It’s probably worth consulting an attorney sooner rather than later, even without injuries. You may have a claim against the jurisdiction that maintains the road (or not). Also, squeeze every cent out of insurance. They do it every chance they get.

Of insurance totals it and the road is fully up to code, you might be out an extra $200. If insurance plays games or the road isn’t to code, you not only might save thousands, it might prevent someone else from having a not-so-lucky prognosis in a similar incident.

I moved to a new state/area that is renowned for poor road maintenance 2 years ago. Shortly after the move, before my plates were swapped, they tried to take advantage of an out of tow we with a bullshit ticket. I ended up doing some research and came across the DOT signage guidance, which this state has absorbed. For good measure, I went around one day and documented all the other sign/maintenance issues just on my road.

Needless to say, the ticket got thrown out (though they did push me to settle for a non-moving first, which I declined) and our road main in my areahas significantly improved, after a letter with documentation andproperly cited sources was sent to the county supervisors.
Which town is this in Pa. Sounds like one of the burbs.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
It depends on your insurance co. In 2010 my wife rolled her 2006 TJ. The adjuster never looked at the Jeep said rolled is totaled.

JWM PLAYS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
I manage a fleet of pickup trucks as part of my job. I will tell you from recent experience, I think parts are so valuable right now on the market and body shop work so expensive, insurance companies are totaling vehicles for much less damage than what you would think.

I recently had one of my newer trucks (2021 F250 30k miles) get in a wreck and the damage was strictly limited to the bed and 1 of the step rails. Keep in mind, I put ARE commercial campers on them and have all my trucks lettered. Also, to replace the truck, I would have to order one from my fleet dealer and wait 6 months to receive it.

The insurance company tried to tell me the truck was totaled. I fought back claiming that I had $7k in new upfitting add ons on the truck that are fine and that it would take 6 months or more to replace. They then agreed to fix the truck.
Sponsored