First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired
Yes, you did. This is what you've said. It clearly shows you want to go faster in 4L.

This is where you're getting all these replies talking about how it works and why you probably want 4H. Keep in mind you've posted up in the "Issues" section, which implies you have a problem. The problem, as you describe, is that you can't go faster in 4L reverse. I would recommend using 4H instead.

We're all here to help. But you gotta be honest with what you're trying to get out of this for anything to truly be useful. Right now, it just feels like you're yanking everyone around just for fun.
I did not post this in the “Issues” section. I posted this in the “General Topics” section. A forum administrator decided to change it to the “Issues” section.

I never said anything like how do I eliminate the rpm limits or how do I make the truck go faster than 3500 rpms in 4L Reverse. I simply asked has anyone else noticed these limits in 4L Reverse.

As already noted, 4L Reverse at around 3500 rpms was working fine for the conditions I encountered. Shifting into 4H would have required bring the truck to a stop, and I would have lost the use of the front locker. At that point I may have been stuck.

I never have tried to jerk people around. I have been called names in this thread as well as poked fun at, but have never responded in a like manner.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
This thread is like a tele-novela

OP
OP
Limestone

Limestone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired
Just for shits & giggles, I tried it with my Sport S today. No 4:1 transfer case, no lockers, no 4WD Auto.
4L in reverse the RPMs were limited to 3500, regardless of letting off of the throttle.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,
Sorry, I missed seeing your response until today. Both your and Maximus Gladius trucks limit at 3500 rpm in 4L Reverse, while mine limits at both 3500, and then at 2500. Thanks for posting your results.
Sponsored