RSI Smartcap

SkidMarkLucy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Rubicon / 22 Wrangler Saharicon
Build Thread
Link
Grab some fine grit emory cloth and knock any sharp edges on the keys, then use TriFlow inside the locks. My local locksmith got me onto TriFlow years ago, it is really awesome stuff for freeing up locks and also keeping them from freezing.

You can usually find TriFlow at a good hardware store. Have also found it at the big box places like Home Depot.
Ordered some knocked down the high points on the key and just used some WD40 and it made a world of difference. Thanks!!!
Sponsored

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
I’m still waiting since Dec 4, 2021.

How about you?
RSI told me my adventure should arrive in Sept. -ordered through offroadalliance Feb 8. I hope yours comes in and mine doesn’t slip much.

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Wow fulfillment times really are all over the board here! I just got my shipping notification on my EvoA from @Northridge4x4 after placing my order on 5/23.

About week or two back they were able to get a look at what they had incoming after I reached out to @SmartCap here through the Forum. At the time I was told I wouldn’t be getting my cap until September based on my spot in line, but someone must’ve canceled.

As always @Northridge4x4 has been great, and easy to get ahold of when I have questions.

My left side bin also drop shipped directly from RSI last week so inventory is flowing.

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
So great to hear that you received your cap. We know not all are having the same experience, but we're happy yours was a good outcome. Thanks for sharing.
For those of you still waiting for your SmartCaps, please know that we are doing everything in our power to get them to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience and for hanging in there with us.

peteryao

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mojave
Occupation
engineer
Wow, fulfillment times are all over the board here! I just got my shipping notification on my EvoA from @Northridge4x4 after placing my order on 5/23.

About a week or two back they could get a look at what they had incoming after I reached out to @SmartCap here through the Forum. I was told I wouldn’t be getting my cap until September based on my spot in line, but someone must’ve canceled.

As always @Northridge4x4 has been great, and easy to get ahold of when I have questions.

My left side bin also drops shipped directly from RSI last week so inventory is flowing.
congrats!
I placed my order on @OffroadAlliance.com on May 22nd, and I paid the full price + tax + shipping, hope I can hear something soon.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap Screenshot 2022-08-18 144722

Sponsored

TheMirage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My November order of the Adventure model from OffroadAlliance arrived this week at their shop and I'm scheduled to have it installed in October. They are also doing some rack and tent work for me as well. Can't wait. Have more iKamper stuff on the way as well.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My November order of the Adventure model from OffroadAlliance arrived this week at their shop and I'm scheduled to have it installed in October. They are also doing some rack and tent work for me as well. Can't wait. Have more iKamper stuff on the way as well.
Ouch, long wait but congrats on arrival. Hoping mine does come in when predicted, like @peteryao I think we all paid up front which makes the wait even more difficult.

peteryao

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mojave
Occupation
engineer
Wow fulfillment times really are all over the board here! I just got my shipping notification on my EvoA from @Northridge4x4 after placing my order on 5/23.

About week or two back they were able to get a look at what they had incoming after I reached out to @SmartCap here through the Forum. At the time I was told I wouldn’t be getting my cap until September based on my spot in line, but someone must’ve canceled.

My left side bin also drop shipped directly from RSI last week so inventory is flowing.
hi, @HjStrater , have you received your smartcap, any update?

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
hi, @HjStrater , have you received your smartcap, any update?
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 6461B45E-8875-4F95-BDE3-B8FB575D1F28

Cap arrived on the 23rd and I got it installed over the weekend. Showed up in perfect condition and went together smoothly.
My side bin that I was supposed to be getting drop shipped directly from RSI after purchasing from Northridge4x4 however has not shipped so I think there are some wires crossed somewhere. No tracking available and just kind of waiting it out to see what happens. I’ll be following up after the holiday weekend if i still don’t get any updates.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Ordered some knocked down the high points on the key and just used some WD40 and it made a world of difference. Thanks!!!

Glad that helped.

I would still suggest tracking down some TriFlow. The WD40 can washout other lubricants, making the lock get sticky over time. The TriFlow is designed to lubricate the locking pins and channels in the lock. Plus you'll find plenty of other locks around your house you can lube up, makes 'em work like butter even during the coldest winter weather.

Sponsored

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 6461B45E-8875-4F95-BDE3-B8FB575D1F28

Cap arrived on the 23rd and I got it installed over the weekend. Showed up in perfect condition and went together smoothly.
My side bin that I was supposed to be getting drop shipped directly from RSI after purchasing from Northridge4x4 however has not shipped so I think there are some wires crossed somewhere. No tracking available and just kind of waiting it out to see what happens. I’ll be following up after the holiday weekend if i still don’t get any updates.
Looks great! Congrats! I can't wait for mine to show up!

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Do these caps have a window that you can slide open to reach inside from the rear window of the truck?

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do these caps have a window that you can slide open to reach inside from the rear window of the truck?
The evoA and evoSport do - I haven't looked at the other models. I believe the locking mechanism is inside the cap - so you will need to leave it "open" a bit if you want to slide it open from inside the truck.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The evoA and evoSport do - I haven't looked at the other models. I believe the locking mechanism is inside the cap - so you will need to leave it "open" a bit if you want to slide it open from inside the truck.
Got yah! Thanks! I can’t decide between the evoA and sport. I like the look of the evoA more, but I have two dogs so I feel I would benefit more from the side windows on the sport. But if it has a window that opens with the cab. What are the chances the a/c can pass thru a lil? Anyone else have any thoughts?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
There is a window. I've never tried to pass anything through it. It may pass AC from the cab. The cap has a positive pressure vent that sucks air in from the outside and passes it out past the gaps in the tailgate.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20210328_192932
Sponsored