RSI Smartcap

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I too wanted no side windows, but local supplier called me and said they can have a sport ready to pick up this Friday. So I figured what the hell I’ll take it, and if for some miracle the adventure shows up I’ll buy both and swap the side panels then sell the other one. When I spoke to Alucab supplier for the contour, they said I maybe get it end of November but if I don’t get one from that shipment it’ll be another 2 to 3 months from then. Soooooo f’ it that’s why I jumped on the sport model getting transferred from their other warehouse so I don’t have to drive far to pick up.
Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I too wanted no side windows, but local supplier called me and said they can have a sport ready to pick up this Friday. So I figured what the hell I’ll take it, and if for some miracle the adventure shows up I’ll buy both and swap the side panels then sell the other one. When I spoke to Alucab supplier for the contour, they said I maybe get it end of November but if I don’t get one from that shipment it’ll be another 2 to 3 months from then. Soooooo f’ it that’s why I jumped on the sport model getting transferred from their other warehouse so I don’t have to drive far to pick up.
I would have done the same. I Alucab was "quicker". I think a lot of us are just grabbing the first available whatever. Especially with all these iffy dates. They told me Oct but I would not be surprised if I get it in Nov. Well, end of sept/early oct. Now it's october. Guess they also know I'm not going anywhere lol.

ColoradoKH

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High altitude
Occupation
GM
As we have posted numerous times, if you do not wish to wait any longer we're happy to refund you in full at any time prior to shipment. As for shipping estimates, it appears Smartcap has reached out to you.
Seems reasonable that my concerns may grow since the order was paid in full/sent $3.6K to an online business that I have never ordered from before, was given a delivery expectation date of Feb, then told every two months your order will be here, just to be told again and again to wait longer.
Since you require full upfront payments and are seeing major fulfillment issues, I suggest in the future, that you are proactive with occasional updates to your customers. In 10 months of waiting I never received any order updates directly, unless I solicited for the update. I expect more communicaton when this much money is involved and when delivery times are not being meet.

As a vendor of RSI, I would demand more accurate information from the manufacture on delivery fulfillment, so I could pass this on to my customers. RSI must know their backlog, have information on when and how many of a specific product is scheduled for production, and when its scheduled to ship. They may not have this information down to an exact date, but hopefully a window narrower than 10-12+ months. I understand this year has been difficult for production and shipping, so more, not less communication is needed.

RSI assured me directly that I didn’t get taken… I’ll keep waiting… and work on my capacity to accept and tolerate delay (aka patience).

ColoradoKH

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High altitude
Occupation
GM
Ordered EVO Sport 4/11/22 from @OffroadAlliance.com (a month before I got my JT)
Shipment notification 9/22/22
Arrived 9/28/22.

Now I just need to find the time to unpack and install it.
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap PXL_20220927_185515488
You got yours, congrats! Ordered an EVO sport, 12/4/21 from off-Road Alliance still not delivered yet, maybe it will be soon, this gives me hope!

Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
You got yours, congrats! Ordered an EVO sport, 12/4/21 from off-Road Alliance still not delivered yet, maybe it will be soon, this gives me hope!
So if I’m getting this straight, you both ordered the same EVO sport cap from @OffroadAlliance.com, but the guy who ordered in April gets his order fulfilled before the guy who ordered in December the year before?? If it was different vendors I could see how that may happen, but if you both ordered from @OffroadAlliance.com, this makes zero sense and @ColoradoKH is getting taken for a ride here. Unless I’m missing something here, if so please explain.

ColoradoKH

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High altitude
Occupation
GM
So if I’m getting this straight, you both ordered the same EVO sport cap from @OffroadAlliance.com, but the guy who ordered in April gets his order fulfilled before the guy who ordered in December the year before?? If it was different vendors I could see how that may happen, but if you both ordered from @OffroadAlliance.com, this makes zero sense and @ColoradoKH is getting taken for a ride here. Unless I’m missing something here, if so please explain.
Thats what is seems like??? Not sure why?

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
They told me March, then May, then June, then July then September. I am not even sure they actually ordered any when we paid them. Guessing they took our money and sat on it for 6 + months before placing orders.
I feel you. I put my down payment on one in February, was told end of June beginning of July. Then was told August. Well September is almost gone and I am still waiting. It is really getting to be a long wait and patience is wearing. I am not interested in a different top but come on. How about actually giving me a more realistic updates. At this point in time how far down the list can I possibly be?

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
I feel you. I put my down payment on one in February, was told end of June beginning of July. Then was told August. Well September is almost gone and I am still waiting. It is really getting to be a long wait and patience is wearing. I am not interested in a different top but come on. How about actually giving me a more realistic updates. At this point in time how far down the list can I possibly be?
RSI reached out and said that a container was being unloaded yesterday which 'should' contain a number of the Evo Adventure Smartcaps. The indication is that several of us that have been waiting 8 months or more should be getting shipping notices from OffroadAlliance soon. It has been odd and confusing because of some receiving Sport models when others are talking Adventure models and visa-versa. But I have no understanding how some are getting their caps before others that ordered earlier, especially the same model and retailer. It will also be the last time I order something this big online. I won't ever go through this again.

Steveott

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f350
Occupation
Rocky toppers
Thats what is seems like??? Not sure why?
Kyle, I saw your post, and wanted to inform you I have three gladiators RSI EVO Sports at my business if you're interested, please call 406-656-2812. My business is located in Billings, MT, name of company is Rocky Toppers.
Thank You

Sponsored

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
[
Kyle, I saw your post, and wanted to inform you I have three gladiators RSI EVO Sports at my business if you're interested, please call 406-656-2812. My business is located in Billings, MT, name of company is Rocky Toppers.
Thank You
Yeah it seems as people forget to look at local shops not just online suppliers. And my local guys dont even ask for full payment, Thats why I am on two different waiting lists and only out $500 bucks easier to accept and get a refund.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
[

Yeah it seems as people forget to look at local shops not just online suppliers. And my local guys dont even ask for full payment, Thats why I am on two different waiting lists and only out $500 bucks easier to accept and get a refund.
I tried every local shop within 250 miles and all wanted full payment up front as well as $1200 installation fee (required) to order through them. Felt like my only choice was to go online to avoid the hefty install fee. Obviously the region you live in makes a big difference.

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
I tried every local shop within 250 miles and all wanted full payment up front as well as $1200 installation fee (required) to order through them. Felt like my only choice was to go online to avoid the hefty install fee. Obviously the region you live in makes a big difference.
I ordered through a local retailer, with 50% down. Their install is optional, and definitely not 1200. So there is a lot of variation between retailers as well.

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
To those who posted over these past few days, "thank you”. We love the feedback and the learnings we derive from your comments. We understand waiting months for your products to arrive is not an ideal situation. Please know, we are doing all we can to get products built and to you as fast as humanly possible.

As we set out to bring SmartCap to North America, we never dreamt of the incredible response we've received—it has far outstripped our production capacity. Some of you questioned why it's taking so long to get your cap? Simply put, we haven't been able to build them fast enough—but that is changing. In just a few weeks, we are commissioning our plant in Fort Worth and will begin to build SmartCaps in the US. That said, we appreciate that it doesn’t solve your immediate issues and for that, we do apologize.

Some comments centered on questioning why product fulfillment dates keep changing. The answer, albeit a tired one, is the global shipping crisis. On multiple occasions, shipping vessels carrying our containers have been stuck off the coast of the Bahamas awaiting transfer ships. Some of these instances have delayed shipments for 2+ months. This, combined with our supplier's supply chain issues, is causing missed shipping deadlines.

We have worked very closely with our distributor to gain insight into individual customer orders. This has helped us begin to provide as up-to-date information as we can for when orders might be fulfilled. For those with products that the expected delivery date has passed, please DM us, and we will work to help provide an updated delivery window for when you might receive your cap.

There were a couple of comments asking how someone could receive their cap when they had ordered after you. As our distributor has warehouses in several key locations across North America, locations closest to the port our shipments arrive at will get their shipments faster than locations that are further away. It could also be possible there was an ordering error on our part, or the dealer, or some other extenuating circumstance, though with that said, it is not the norm. We attempt to fulfill every order by the date it was placed.

Finally, as for why you are waiting months while a dealer has products available to purchase, we fulfill dealer stocking orders in the same "first order in-first order out" manner.

Although it will take some time for our new plant to significantly impact lead times, know that we are working night and day to make it happen. We want to exceed expectations going forward. Thank you again for your orders and comments. We look forward to hearing about all your future Gladiator/SmartCap adventures.

Last edited: