Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
T-Rock,
You only use two clamps for your Cap?
Yes, been thinking about adding the 3rd, even set then out on the toolbox the other day. Never any issues and it has been all over the past year plus. My Ram only had 2 per side with the ARE shell and I copied that. Probably should add them sooner than later.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
FWIW, I was agonizing the same issues. I really didn’t want to do the door hangers because I just wasn’t sure I liked the look. But I’ll be honest with you, I have not ever smelled the gas/fumes inside my canopy with a properly sealed rotopax. If you think about it, if you can smell it, then it means it’s leaking and then you have a different problem.

Try putting one in there for a week and then check for yourself. Seriously, if I only opened the passenger and rear doors of my canopy (so that you couldn’t see them mounted inside the driver side), you wouldn’t even know they were there…
Good points. I will have to test it out as you suggest. I have a Decked system inside as well, so that is another challenge, there is only about 5 inches from the top of the deck to the bottom of the doors.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Good points. I will have to test it out as you suggest. I have a Decked system inside as well, so that is another challenge, there is only about 5 inches from the top of the deck to the bottom of the doors.
FWIW, before I installed a 10g water tank in my bed, I used to carry two 2 gallon white rotopax for my water. I carried them laying flat on top of my kitchen unit and never had issues with leaking. Depending on how you are using the top of you decked system, you could just mount them flat like people do when they carry them on a roof rack.

I have been carrying rotopax for years. I currently have the two aforementioned water containers in my two JKUR’s, 1 fuel in each JKUR and of course the two in the bed of the JTR. I’ve never had one leak. Not saying that they can’t (I’ve heard stories of fuel ones swelling with heat and splitting) but it’s just not an everyday occurrence by all accounts.

you’ll have to let us know where you land.

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
can I buy separate gull wings doors yet, because this is exactly what I want on one side but can't with my glass....
#patiencegrasshopper
Sorry for the delayed response. We don't currently offer the Gullwing Doors separately. However, we are working on a plan to do just that. You may want to sign up for our email list – The Tribe (https://www.na.rsismartcap.com/join-the-tribe), as we'll be sending out any news and product updates and releases to that list first. Sorry we don't have better news for you right now, and please stay tuned.

Sponsored

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
We finally have Gladiator load bars back in stock! Don't wait, these have been selling fast.

Questions? Shoot us a PM, give us a call or check us out online!

Smartcap Load Bars ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 1710536892877-vf

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
anyone having leaking issues? I tightened everything up to verify, but still leaks from the front-top passenger side seam when it gets real wet.

BunkieJeeper75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
construction
anyone having leaking issues? I tightened everything up to verify, but still leaks from the front-top passenger side seam when it gets real wet.
When I first installed in January in had a few leaks in the corners but since I’ve retightened everything i have only experienced very very minor leaking when washing with power washer. Unfortunately I have not been able to specifically locate where this minor leakage is occurring, only that I see some moisture in the front passenger side corner. Again very minor

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
I haven't had any leak, even with power-washing, so far. It's been well over a year running on my JT. Something must be mis-aligned, I suspect.

Sponsored

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
******** BREAKING NEWS! *********

Smartcap has just announced a price increase across the board. This is an ~5% increase across the entire Smartcap brand. That's ~$200 on all models of caps. If you've been wanting a Smartcap, bins, racks or any of their other products, now is the time. Do not wait, the price increase takes full effect on Monday April 1st.

Give us a call, shoot us a PM or check us out online.

Phone ---->>>> 888-466-8991

Website ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Qno8FB1.png

Sigz

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
******** BREAKING NEWS! *********

Smartcap has just announced a price increase across the board. This is an ~5% increase across the entire Smartcap brand. That's ~$200 on all models of caps. If you've been wanting a Smartcap, bins, racks or any of their other products, now is the time. Do not wait, the price increase takes full effect on Monday April 1st.

Give us a call, shoot us a PM or check us out online.

Phone ---->>>> 888-466-8991

Website ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap Qno8FB1
Lol why? I know it's not YOUR decision - but these caps are expensive enough.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
From Smartcap -

"Over the last year Smartcap has absorbed increases in most consumables, as well as transportation and labor costs. While Smartcap has tried to keep it to a minimum, current conditions require the implementation of an adjustment at this time."

FL Robert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Mojave X
Offroad Alliance sucks! They just made me order 2 grand worth of accessories for a SmartCap that is not even installed yet on a Gladiator that had not even been delivered yet! Giving us fair warning of a price increase enabling us to buy before the increase, HOW DARE THEM! :CWL:

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Gotta pay for that new Ft. Worth facility that's churning out Ford, Chevy, and Toyota caps. Got my SA version a few weeks ago thankfully.
Sponsored