First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Hey guys, has anyone given some thoughts to bolting traction boards mounting pegs to the metal side doors of the smart cap? I'm in a position where I can really fit anywhere else. I don't always have them on the truck but I recently did a long trip packed with gear and they ended up in the bed. Long story short I had to pull them out for a friend and had to first remove a bunch of bags and gear to put my hands on them.
Can you not mount them on the inside of the door and just grab them when flipping to door open? isn't that the point of the molle panels on the inside of the door?
Sponsored

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Can you not mount them on the inside of the door and just grab them when flipping to door open? isn't that the point of the molle panels on the inside of the door?
That is what I was thinking of doing whenever I get my EVO-A. Inside keeps em safe & costs less for mounting hardware. Supposed to hold up to 20lbs so 1 pair shouldn't be problem IMO.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
@OffroadAlliance.com any insights to the estimated dates on the next shipment?
Honestly trying to be patient, just the ambiguity around these dates are a killer. Is the Feb shipment in and spoken for? Is there a March shipment expected? Do you have cutoff dates for orders to fall into a certain shipment?
help set expectations please.
Containers are arriving pretty much every month with caps. I'm sure that you're well aware of all the port delays, lack of trucks, lack of drivers, the pending truck strikes/protests, extended US Customs clearnance processing, strikes/protests at the ports themselves, etc, etc. These are all very real and very much wreaking havoc on pretty much everything that is being imported. Gladiator caps have been coming in and have been shipping out. Any orders placed today will likely be fulfilled in the June/July timeframe. Any existing orders will continue to be fulfilled as containers arrive, are cleared, are prepped for individual shipment and are able to be shipped out, likely in the March to April timeframe. Again, these are best estimates, not a guarantee.

If you do not wish to wait any longer, we're happy to refund you.

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Containers are arriving pretty much every month with caps. I'm sure that you're well aware of all the port delays, lack of trucks, lack of drivers, the pending truck strikes/protests, extended US Customs clearnance processing, strikes/protests at the ports themselves, etc, etc. These are all very real and very much wreaking havoc on pretty much everything that is being imported. Gladiator caps have been coming in and have been shipping out. Any orders placed today will likely be fulfilled in the June/July timeframe. Any existing orders will continue to be fulfilled as containers arrive, are cleared, are prepped for individual shipment and are able to be shipped out, likely in the March to April timeframe. Again, these are best estimates, not a guarantee.

I fully understand and purchased knowing about the potential delays. Thank you very much for the update.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thank you for responding!
I also understand the crazy situation with the supply chain and I am willing to wait for the order to come in. I just wanted a little warm-fuzzy on a rough time-frame. I have heard others waiting 6+ months after being told 2-3 months, which didn't sound great.
Looking forward to happiness after it arrives!

Sponsored

TheMirage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thank you for responding!
I also understand the crazy situation with the supply chain and I am willing to wait for the order to come in. I just wanted a little warm-fuzzy on a rough time-frame. I have heard others waiting 6+ months after being told 2-3 months, which didn't sound great.
Looking forward to happiness after it arrives!
Iā€™m continuing to wait on my Adventure model from them. They have been responsive to my inquires.

My order was in November and Iā€™ll post when Iā€™m contacted itā€™s available for others to get a reference for their orders.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a frontrunner platform rack and an OVS 270 awning about 3weeks after ordering my SmartCap. Iā€™ve received both already. Now I just need the cap to install them on. Ha!

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a frontrunner platform rack and an OVS 270 awning about 3weeks after ordering my SmartCap. Iā€™ve received both already. Now I just need the cap to install them on. Ha!
You'll need special mounting feet/anchors to attach Frontrunner racks to the RSI rails (unless you plan on heavily modifying the Frontrunner ones with a grinder). Reach out to Frontrunner customer service, let them know you're planning on mounting to an RSI cap, and they should be able to help you out.

TheMirage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He may have bought the SmartCap designed kit like myself.
While I still wait on my SmartCap I ordered legs from Front Runner to mount the rack to the accessory rail. Canā€™t use my awning since the width of the rack is narrower than the cab and the awning doesnā€™t mount far enough out.
That said, I should be able to mount my tent to it.

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
He may have bought the SmartCap designed kit like myself.
While I still wait on my SmartCap I ordered legs from Front Runner to mount the rack to the accessory rail. Canā€™t use my awning since the width of the rack is narrower than the cab and the awning doesnā€™t mount far enough out.
That said, I should be able to mount my tent to it.
Oh, I didn't know they put together a specific kit. That may have been after my time. I preordered the cap and started looking at rack options early on, so I had to piece together my own stuff haha.

I went with a stubby 180 degree awning that fits perfectly on the back of my rack with frontrunner awning quick-disconnects. Fits like a dream!

Sponsored

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I didn't know they put together a specific kit. That may have been after my time. I preordered the cap and started looking at rack options early on, so I had to piece together my own stuff haha.

I went with a stubby 180 degree awning that fits perfectly on the back of my rack with frontrunner awning quick-disconnects. Fits like a dream!
Yep I got the Frontrunner kit for RSI so hopefully all will come together once my SmartCap arrives.

Deleted member 28696

thanks, this should work nicely.
edit: ordered
How did they work out? I ordered the Mounts as well & switched out my Maxtrax Extreme's for Maxtrax II boards but I'm holding them up in the mount to the sides of the cap and the mounts will mount on the side of the RSI Cap however I'm seeing the boards will cover up the latches so the key to unlock them won't be accessible to get the side doors open I would have to remove the MaxTrax II from the mount first which kind of sucks. Might want to check yours if you haven't already. Was wondering how you got around that issue? or if you did? Not exactly compatible as Expedition Essentials had told me on their instagram, going to look awesome however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 28696

An RSI dealer was telling me that to drill a hole into the Side Wing Doors of the Cap that it would require a special drill bit? what type of special drill bit would be required? I'm assuming this is because the cap is steel? I have a MaxTrax mount that will utilize Rivnuts to attach to the outside of the wing doors.

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S

TheMirage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't read through this entire thread, but has anyone heard more details about the new RSI Facility in Texas? I wonder if that original open date in May is still accurate?

https://www.intelligence360.news/rs...985-square-feet-of-space-in-fort-worth-texas/
I havenā€™t driven by that area in awhile but I assume they will there in May but not fully operational. Thatā€™s my guess.

Wonder if they will do installs locally or need a local prototype tester šŸ˜
Sponsored